Danang, the biggest city in central Vietnam and an important port in Vietnam, is situated on the coast of the Eastern Sea. It's well-known for containing one of the fifty top sights in the world, as identified by National Geographic in the US.
It's a coastal city, far away from the hustle and bustle of other major cities.
It's a modern city, yet with a slow-paced and romantic lifestyle.
It's also a garden city, with a beautiful environment and abundant green landscapes.
PS: Vietnam has eased its travel restrictions from March 16, 2022. All travelers are exempt from quarantine to visit Vietnam now as long as you're fully vaccinated.
Relax on a Fascinating Beach
My Khe Beach
Recommended length of visit: two hours to half-a-day
There is a beach in Danang, with white and soft sand, shining blue sea, perfect facilities and convenient transportation. It's My Khe Beach and has received an award as one of the six most beautiful beaches in the world.
If you stroll along or bask on the sunny beach and see the beautiful view of the sea melting into the sky, chances are you will feel free, relaxed and refreshed.
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
Be Impressed by the Highest Statue in Vietnam
Son Tra Peninsula
Recommended length of visit: half-a-day to a day
In Son Tra peninsula there is a large dense primeval forest with numerous rare animals. As you walk through the forest, you may be mesmerized by the grandeur of nature.
Linh Ung Pagoda is adjacent to the mountain on the peninsula. It features a stunning view of the sea and sky and a 67-meter tall statue of Lady Buddha, the tallest statue in Vietnam. You will love these beautiful views and the impressive statue.
Enjoy Romance from France
Ba Na Hills
Recommended length of visit: half-a-day to a day
Ba Na Hills is not just a hilly area, but also a park.
You can take a cable car – at 5,801 meters the longest non-stop single track cable car in the world – to observe the beauty of nature beneath your feet. The higher you go, the hazier it becomes.
Or recall dizzying fun and games from childhood in the amusement park.
In Vietnam, of course, you won't want for romance. There is an old chateau complex in Ba Na Hills. There is a whiff of romance in the air; in the grand church, magnificent opera house, towering castle and quiet country lane of the chateau.
Meditate in a Beautiful Cathedral
Recommended length of visit: half-an-hour to an hour
In many people's eyes, church should be solemn. But in Danang, there is a lovely cheerful church.
Danang cathedral, built in 1923 by the French, is a beautiful pale pink cathedral. Sculptures of little lambs around the cathedral make it seem sacred.
You may enjoy taking photographs at this beautiful building, praying where many pilgrims have prayed over the decades, or just contemplating in peace and tranquility.
Discover Paradise on Earth
Hai Van Mountain
Recommended length of visit: half-a-day to a day
The road along Hai Van Mountain facing Lang Co Bay was judged one of the fifty must-see sights in the world by National Geographic Magazine in the US.
You can bump along the mountain road on a motorbike. The trip affords beautiful sights of rural scenery and awesome coastlines. The unique blend of green trees, blue sea and sky makes this a tourist paradise.
View Cham's History Via Ancient Sculptures
Recommended length of visit: one hour
The Cham Museum, built in 1915, houses a collection of sculptures from 7th to 15th century Cham civilization. The museum architecture is in the style of the Champa area in central and southern Vietnam and the building was painted yellow, which makes it stand out in the city center.
Although most of the sculptures have been badly affected by centuries of weather, you can still appreciate their exquisite artistic quality. The subjects are interesting, including images of Shiva, garudas, nagas, lions and elephants.
If you visit My Son, you should come here first, for a better understanding of Cham culture.
Soak in the Night Atmosphere
The Han River
Recommended length of visit: one hour (Recommended time: Saturday or Sunday night, from 8:30pm to 9:30pm)
The Han River is famous in Danang and throughout Vietnam. On a night cruise, you can see its colorful lights, a giant Ferris wheel and four bridges across the river illuminated by LED lights.
You shouldn't miss the dragon bridge. This metal bridge is like a giant dragon and changes color at night. On Saturday and Sunday nights at 9pm, it blows fire and water, making a fantastic spectacle. You'll be enchanted by this magical night scene.
Follow Your Food Fancies and Enjoy a Seafood Feast
Urban Seafood Trip
Recommended length of visit: three to five hours
Coming to a coastal city, you should never overlook the fresh seafood. Join a tour to Fisherman Village and the Son Tra peninsula.
You only need to pay for any seafood you pick up plus the cost of having it cooked. The food is cheap and the cooking-cost is even cheaper. Best of all, the seafood has just been caught, so is very fresh. All you need to do is eat as much as you like!
Visit Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Asia Highlights welcomes the chance to help you design your perfect trip to Vietnam. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you in selecting destinations, accommodations and activities that best suit your requirements.
Check out the following links to learn more about our tours and get a head start on planning your hassle-free vacation today!
You might like to read
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Cost, Best Time, Places to See
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries (with map)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.