This 4-day Hanoi and Halong Bay tour will allow you to have a glance at Hanoi and relax in a world of tranquil natural beauty. Marvel at the gorgeous caves and islets, visit some local fishing villages, and enjoy all kinds of interesting activities on one of the best cruise boats in Halong Bay.ah-vn-2
- Discover the locals' lifestyles on a gentle walking tour through the Old Quarter.
- Learn about Hanoi's fascinating history and culture by visiting its highlights.
- Relax on a luxury Halong Bay cruise and enjoy spectacular landscapes.
- Explore Vietnam's unique karst caves and enjoy interesting activities on a cruise.
Itinerary in Detail
You will meet your private tour guide upon arrival at Noi Bai International Airport and will be transferred to your hotel. Enjoy some free time to adjust to the jetlag or explore the city on your own.
The first chapter of your journey in Hanoi will begin with an introduction to its fascinating history and culture. We will take you to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first national university built in the late 11th century, and the One Pillar Pagoda.
In the afternoon, visit the fascinating Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, which houses an extensive collection of traditional costumes and artifacts from Vietnam's 54 ethnic minority groups. Have a gentle walking tour through the Old Quarter to experience the daily life of the Hanoians.
Conclude your day by watching an entertaining water puppet performance, a uniquely northern Vietnamese art form said to have originated in the flooded rice fields of the Red River Delta.
In the morning, transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay. Board the boat from our selected cruise company, Bhaya Cruises, at noon.
The first destination is Trinh Nu Cave, one of the finest sunlight-filled caves in Halong Bay, covering an area of 2,000 m2 with a stunning assortment of stalactites and stalagmites. Swim in the "love story" area of Halong Bay.
Taste exquisite drinks from a vast selection in an open bar on board while enjoying the panoramic view of Halong Bay. Join in with the MasterChef “Halong Bay Edition” Competition. Vietnamese cuisine is renowned for its incredibly savory flavors and includes lots of health benefits. By being part of this mini-competition, all passengers can try to create authentic Vietnamese dishes, with the winner being awarded a prize, and can observe a fruit carving demonstration by our chef.
Get up early and take a tai chi class on the sundeck as the sun rises over the acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Site. Practicing this beautiful art regularly can help treat many ailments. Later, take a kayaking trip, which is one of the most exciting activities that you don’t want to miss out on while in Halong Bay.
After brunch, your cruise will come to an end and you will be taken to the airport in Hanoi by private transfer. Have a safe flight home and we hope to see you again soon!
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.