This 14-day itinerary is designed for travelers making their first trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Travel across Vietnam from north to south, exploring Halong Bay, pretty ancient towns, historical cities, and the amazing Mekong Delta, immerse yourself in the mystery of Angkor Wat, and experience the lifestyle of Laos — a "lost paradise".
Your personal Asia Highlights travel adviser is ready to design an ideal tour for your interests, schedule, and budget. Leave all the hard work of planning a multi-country tour to your travel adviser, and just enjoy your trip!
*The cost for a customized private SE Asia tour from US$200/person/day
Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Explore the hidden alleys of the Old Quarter of Hanoi.
Learn to cook Vietnamese cuisine in an interesting cooking class.
Learn about the turbulent history of Ho Chi Minh City.
Explore the Mekong Delta by a boat, and learn about its farming and fishing traditions.
Listen to the hidden story of Angkor Thom and marvel at the grandeur of Angkor Wat.
Step into the less-visited Banteay Samre and watch sunset at Pre Rup in Siem Reap.
Offering the first pot of ricer to the monks in Luang Prabang.
What Our Customers Said
We had an amazing trip to Thailand
We had an amazing trip to Thailand with Asiahighlights. Every detail was perfectly organised and we always had an instant customer support service in case of any issues.More
bugra t, Nov 2022
Bella was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. They handled all the arrangements very professionally and we had a wonderful time! We would definitely recommend and use them again!More
Christie, Nov 2022
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights that to buy tickets to Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai when i was in my country.She helped me very much.You can trust this agency, and i advice Bella as the best!!More
Elena, Nov 2022
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival with Asia Highlight Travel, my travel advisor was Bella Kiu, the experience was great, got my tickets , communication was seamless.More
Siskazi Lindeni, Nov 2022
Thank you Iris Wang & Bella Liu
I thought “no hope” in getting the tickets to Yee Peng Festival organize by CAD. Fortunately, together with Bella Liu, I managed to secure all our tickets. No one left behind. This trip to Chiang Mai will be a memorable one.More
Little Puppy, Nov 2022
Very accommodating and helpful
Bella was super helpful in getting my ticket to the Yi Peng festival exchanged and was very accommodating. Quick and easy transaction and received ticket within 24 hours. Good communication throughout the process.More
Helen Powell, Nov 2022
Very accommodating and helpful
Asia Highlights as a whole is also very informative and contains helpful advice that has helped me plan my travels in Thailand.More
Helen Powell, Nov 2022
You are in safe hands
Albee was an absolute pleasure to work with. She responded to my suggestions readily to find suitable alternatives for my 2 week trip to Thailand with my wife. She answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly.More
RJ, Oct 2022
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos tour for you.
Arrive in the capital city of Vietnam; Hanoi welcomes you with a smile. Transfer to your hotel and relax.
- Visit the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology which will introduce you to 50-plus ethnic minority groups with colorful cultures and lifestyles.
- Temple of Literature show you the influence of Chinese culture.
- In Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, your guide will bring history to life.
- Get around the Old Quarter by a rickshaw to immerse in the local people's life.
- End your day with watching an water puppet performance, a uniquely northern Vietnamese art form.
- Transfer to Halong Bay
- Board the cruise boat. Enjoy the sailing around the bay with the limestone hills. See villages, caves, and islets.
- Transfer back to Hanoi when your cruise reaches the shore at noon.
- Fly from Hanoi to Danang and then drive to the pretty and peaceful Hoi An.
- Visit Tra Que Vegetable Village to observe local farmers working the organic fields using traditional methods.
- Pick fresh sawtooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for your cooking lesson later today.
- Transfer to the Red Bridge Cooking School. Learn the traditional methods of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch.
- Measure Hoi An Ancient Town with your footsteps, your guide will lead you to Japanese Covered Bridge, Old House of Tan Ky and Fujian Assembly Hall.
- Transfer to Danang airport and fly to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Visit the Reunification Palace, Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office. Send out a postcard from the central post office and see how long it takes to reach your home.
- Learn about the at the War Remnants Museum
- Drive from Ho Chi Minh City to Ben Tre, one of the country's southern provinces, situated in the Delta of the Mekong River.
- Hop on an enjoyable motor boat to catch a glimpse of the Delta scenery, houses built on stilts and local fish farms.
- Return to Ho Chi Minh City and fly to Siem Reap.
- Explore Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm, Bayon Temple, and Angkor Wat . Your tour guide will share interesting insights and even divulge some secrets of Apsara (female celestial being) carvings.
- Visit Bantey Srei which is situated in the jungles and built with pink sandstone, demonstrates the essences of Angkorian art.
- Stop at a less-known ruin, Banteay Samre.
- Visit the Cambodia Landmine Museum and learn about Aki Ra's lifelong efforts to eliminate landmines.
- Put a perfect ending at a secluded temple Pre Rup, an ideal location for sunset.
- Enjoy a lazy morning in Siem Reap before the flight to Luang Prabang, Laos.
- Take a relaxing walk in the peaceful town of Luang Prabang.
- Participate in an important ritual: morning alms giving. To show respect, locals offer their first pot of sticky rice of the day to Buddhist monks, who walk a long distance barefoot into the town.
- Visit the morning market of Luang Prabang, Xieng Thong Temple, the Traditional Art Exhibition Center and the Royal Palace Museum.
- Drive out of Luang Prabang and visit some villages on the way to Kuangsi Waterfall.
- Go swimming or jumping into the crystal-clear water or easy hiking around the forest.
After breakfast onboard, you will be transferred to the airport. Thanks for traveling with Asia Highlights and hope to see you again soon!
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Interact with elephants
Quad Adventure in the Countryside
For families or adventurers
Farming Experience in Tra Que Village
Ho Chi Minh Long Tan NuiI Dat For Veterans Day Tour
For history fans
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel with nostalgic style in Hanoi
Central located hotel in Ho Chi Minh
A riverbank resort in Hoi An
Hotel with Cambodian style in Siem Reap
Boutique resort in Phnom Penh
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 13 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-6
Why Travel with Asia Highlights During the Pandemic
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Your 1:1 travel consultant in Asia will take all the uncertainty out of your planning, helping you navigate any travel restrictions.
- No-risk booking: 100% refund policy! (up to 14 days before departure)
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.