Vietnamese beaches are the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. Vietnam has over 3,400 kilometers of coastline full of incredible beaches that are known for white powdery sand, nearby tropical forests, and incredible rock formations.
Vietnam has so many beaches that it might be a little overwhelming to find the one that's right for your trip. In order to make planning easier, here is all of the important information to consider when taking a beach holiday in Vietnam.
- The best time to visit Vietnam is from late September to early March.
- Rainy season and dry season are different in north and south Vietnam.
- Vietnam is a great place for experiencing local culture during a relaxing vacation.
- Nothing beats the fresh seafood available at restaurants on the beach.
- Most beaches are close to large cities, giving travelers the opportunity to experience both beach and city.
- The most popular beaches in Vietnam are in Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Mui Ne and Phuc Quoc.
- When planning a beach vacation to Vietnam it is important to consider when you are going, how much time you have, and which beach suits your travel needs.
When to Go
The best time to visit Vietnam is from late September to early March, because the summer months are typically very rainy and stormy due to typhoons. However, because Vietnam is such a long country, the weather and rainy seasons vary depending on whether you are traveling to the north or south.
You can find more information on Vietnamese weather here!
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
What to Expect
The tourist industry in Vietnam is newer and less developed than in countries like Thailand, so often visitors find that many things available in Thailand, such as island hopping, kayaking, and diving are not available at all beaches in Vietnam. Vietnam does, however, have a wide selection of hotels and resorts at good prices.
The best thing about beach vacations in Vietnam is the proximity to the local culture. All of the beaches in the country have local restaurants that sell incredible and authentic dishes with the fresh seafood Vietnam is famous for. This food is delicious, good quality, and available at a good price.
Another great thing about Vietnam is that most beaches are near large bustling cities. This allows travelers to stay in beautiful and secluded hotels on sandy beaches, while also being able to take day trips into the city for some fun adventures and a glimpse of local city life.
Popular Beaches in Vietnam
There is an overwhelming choice if you are looking for a beautiful beach in Vietnam. We think, however, that some are slightly better than others. Below we have listed the favorite, most-loved beaches of our customers.
The best beach in Hue is without a doubt Lang Co. It is off the beaten track and a perfect secluded location for a relaxing beach getaway. Here, visitors can escape the tourist trail and enjoy the soft sandy beaches and the bright blue lagoon that gives Lang Co its striking appearance.
Lang Co is so picturesque that for hundreds of years, Vietnamese royalty used to build their vacation palaces in the area. Not only are the beach views breathtaking, the area is also surrounded by lush tropical forests and green mountains.
Da Nang is the 3rd largest city in Vietnam and although it is a sprawling metropolis, it has many beautiful beaches with high-end resorts. The beaches of Da Nang have become the preferred destination for travelers to Hoi An, as Hoi An's beaches have disappeared due to erosion.
The most popular beach in Da Nang is Non Nuoc. This is where US troops landed during the Vietnam War, but today it has been transformed into a 20-mile stretch of luxurious beachfront property and resorts.
Non Nouc's wide beaches and blue waters are perfect for relaxing under beach umbrellas and the resorts are great for a worry-free experience, offering comfort, excellent service, and great amenities.
Nha Trang is known as the Vietnamese Riviera and is the best-established beach holiday destination in Vietnam. Due to its popularity, however, the beaches closest to the city are typically crowded in the high season.
Luckily, the crowds can easily be escaped by staying in the gorgeous villa resorts with private beaches located a little outside the city.
Because Nha Trang is such an established tourist destination, many tourist services are available including diving excursions, boat tours, and snorkeling. The best part is that all of this can be enjoyed on the pristine beaches and clear water that Nha Trang is renowned for.
Mui Ne is one beach that isn't near a large city. It is about 4 hours away from HCMC. Because of its distance from larger cities, Mui Ne is best for travelers who want to spend 6 or more days in southern Vietnam.
For travelers who have the time, Mui Ne is an unbeatable destination. It is a cape town with 9 miles of sandy beaches and surrounded by scenic fishing villages. Although Mui Ne has been developed for tourism, the authenticity of the small villages around is still preserved.
Furthermore, the waves here are great for watersports and Mui Ne has a reputation for attracting thrill-seekers who want to learn to surf or to take an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) out for joy rides in the nearby sand dunes.
Phuc Quoc is often regarded as the most beautiful island in Vietnam. About an hour away from HCMC, this tropical paradise is full of lush forests surrounded by pristine white sandy beaches. In addition, the clear waters of Phuc Quoc are perfect for diving, snorkeling, and kayaking.
The island is largely undeveloped, which is perfect for travelers who love nature and are looking for a simple beach experience. Phuc Quoc offers mid- to low-end resorts for accommodation. 5-star resorts on the island are limited and it is not considered a luxury destination.
You can see more information on Top 8 Beaches in Vietnam here!
How to Plan your Beach Holiday in Vietnam
In order to plan your perfect beach holiday, it is essential to consider every aspect of the vacation you want.
The first step when planning is to know when you are going and how long you want to stay at a beach. When you go will determine which part of Vietnam will have the best weather.
Also, it is a good idea to know how long you want to stay. Are you the kind of person that could live on a beach forever? Or would you also like to have city experiences during your trip? The amount of time you want will help determine which beach is best.
The next step is to pick your preferred beach that fits your travel style and needs. Generally, Nha Trang is a great place for simple beach holidays where travelers can get good value for their money. For people looking for luxury experiences, Hue and Da Nang beaches are best.
Lastly, in Vietnam, the choice of hotels is endless and it is important to pick the right hotel for your trip. Solo travelers and families typically look for good-value hotels that are either near the beach or close to the area's main attractions.
Honeymooners or luxury seekers often feel more comfortable on a private beach in a villa or resort.
You can read more about the Top Beach Resorts in Vietnam here!
Tips for Beach Holidays
It is important to consider the weather before traveling to Vietnam and best to avoid the rainy season. During the rainy season, tropical thunderstorms and typhoons are common and can quickly ruin a beach getaway.
Another important weather consideration for Vietnam is the amount of sunshine during the dry season. If you come from a place north of Vietnam, you will probably be surprised by the strength and intensity of the Southeast Asian sun.
It is important to bring lots of sunblock and apply it regularly to protect your skin from burns and ensure that you can fully enjoy your trip.
Water activities are growing in popularity every year in Vietnam. Things such as boat tours, diving lessons, snorkelling, surfing lessons, and kayaking are becoming more readily available all the time and they are great options for adventure-lovers or families vacationing with children.
However, because these tour options are opening rapidly all over the country, some of the tour companies may not be following the best safety standards. Before booking it is important to check the reputation of the company, especially if it is a surfing school or diving school.
For boat tours, kayaking, and snorkelling trips, it is good to make sure the company provides life vests and to use these on the boat as well as in the water.
The Vietnamese currency is called dong. In Vietnam, some stores will accept USD. It is difficult, however, to know which stores will accept dollars and which will not. It is normally more convenient to convert money into dong before arriving in Vietnam, to save any hassle. The exchange rate is about $1 to 21,000 dong.
Bartering is common practice in Southeast Asia and it can be energizing and exciting, but it can also be very frustrating. It is important to know that in Vietnam, shopkeepers will tell you the price they think you will pay and not the true price of the product.
This means that the prices shopkeepers tell foreigners are often severely inflated. Sellers may also make false claims about products or give you back the wrong amount of change. Overall, it is good to pay close attention and if you think something is too expensive then you are probably right.
You might like to read
The Asia Highlights Experience
If you are feeling overwhelmed by all of the options for beach getaways in Vietnam, then we will gladly help arrange your perfect beach getaway.
We know Vietnam very well and will choose the beach that is right for you. Asia Highlights can also assist with choosing hotels, arranging transfers, and scheduling activities that are tailor-made to suit your interests.
A beach holiday should be stress-free and so should the planning! Drop us an email to get started (tailor-made link)
You might like:
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Cost, Best Time, Places to See
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries (with map)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.