This tour is specially designed for people who want to see areas of natural beauty and the most spellbinding historic sites in Vietnam.
From the awe-inspiring Paradise Cave and mysterious Dark Cave as well as the gorgeous Mooc Spring in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park to the former Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), which highlights a tumultuous past, and the grand Hue Citadel, you will have the opportunity to appreciate the spectacular views of Central Vietnam and discover Vietnam's ancient and modern history.ah-vn-5
- Enjoy the magnificent view of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and marvel at its remarkable cave system.
- Go kayaking in the blue water of Mooc Spring while enjoying the tranquil natural beauty of the karst landscape in Phong Nha.
- Revisit an important chapter of Vietnam's history when you go to the former Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
- Walk through Hue's grand Imperial Citadel and take a boat ride on the Perfume River.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival at Dong Hoi, your private guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to spend at your leisure.
Your first destination is Paradise Cave, which is the largest and considered by many people to be the most beautiful cave in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. Surrounded by forested karst peaks, this remarkable cave system features cathedral-like spaces with colossal stalagmites and glimmering stalactites.
Continue your trip to Mooc Spring. The name means “unknown stream” as it surfaces from the bottom of a karst cliff. The cool water there has a unique blue color and it is thought to come from a large but undiscovered cave system. Take a trip in a kayak to enjoy the cool blue water and admire the rich flora and fauna.
Later, visit Dark Cave,which is 5,558 meters (3.45 miles) long. It got its name because of the dark-colored rocks inside as no artificial lighting has been installed. Enjoy lunch outside the cave followed by some exhilarating zip lining and kayaking on the Chay River.
In the morning, you will leave Dong Hoi for Hue and, on the way, visit the former Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), which is a 5-kilometer (3-mile) strip of land on either side of the Ben Hai River. Established after the First Indochina War, the zone functioned as the division line between North and South Vietnam during the Vietnam War. You can tour places of military significance just south of the DMZ including the former American military base of Khe Sanh, the Rockpile, Dakrong Bridge, the Lang Vei Special Forces Camp, Hien Luong Bridge in the 17th Parallel, the Ho Chi Minh Trail, and more.
Later, visit the old citadel of Quang Tri, which was the site of a bloody battle during the Easter Offensive in 1972, and the Vinh Moc Tunnels where a village was constructed underground to avoid being bombed.
You will discover Hue's essence: the Imperial Citadel, the Imperial City, the royal tombs, the Perfume River, and Thien Mu Pagoda.
Hue was the Vietnamese capital during the Nguyen Dynasty (1802–1945). The Imperial Citadel was built in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. It holds many palaces and temples inside its giant walls. Remnants of the past can still be seen inside the Imperial Citadel and the Imperial City when spending some time wandering around. Then, continue to the surrounding countryside to see the final resting place of the emperors at two of the most impressive royal tombs. Take a boat trip along the Perfume River to visit the iconic Thien Mu Pagoda.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.