This itinerary is specially designed for families with teenagers. With around 2 weeks in Vietnam, it is ideal for celebrating a birthday/graduation, or relaxing during a spring break or summer vacation.
This tour allows for a perfect balance of memory-making activities and leisurely free time. It is a mix of cultural experience, outdoor adventures, and relaxation.
It provides a chance to learn about Vietnam's local lifestyle, see stunning landscapes, and taste delicious cuisine, while creating lasting family memories.
*The cost for a customized private SE Asia tour from US$200/person/day
Vietnam Family Holiday Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Take a leisurely rowing boat ride through an amazing tunnel cave and along a picturesque karst river in Ninh Binh.
Sleep under the stars on the best family-friendly overnight Halong Bay Cruise.
Cycle the picturesque country roads of Hoi An
Paddle a Vietnamese basket boat to a fishing village and try your hand at casting local fishing nets.
Enjoy an evening foodie walk around Hoi An while the colorful lanterns light up the night.
Visit the authentic floating market in the Mekong Delta..
See a spectacular A O Show performed at the Saigon Opera House
Spend two free days relaxing by the beach before heading back home.
Seeing Bangkok with ease
In Bangkok, our tour guide, Ying, was wonderful. She navigated all the sights with ease, gave us interesting tidbits on Thai culture and history, helped us pick the right food at all the restaurants, and was just a pleasure to be around. We had a great time, and it was so nice to not have to worry about any of the details.More
Diane Elkins, Nov 2023
Thailand -insights, no stress and amazing team
My husband and my Thailand trip was fantastic, stress-free and educational thanks to the amazing team coordinated by Albee at Asia Highlights. The whole team was incredibly accessible, responsive, sensitive to our needs and lovely to work with. End-to-end, the trip was truly remarkable and the knowledgeable and dynamic tour guides and drivers made it especially memorable!More
AndrewsFamily, Oct 2023
Informative & Thorough / Thanks Sharon!
Sharon the advisor that helped me was so thorough & informative and explained the details of the tour including questions about visas and what is included vs what is not included in the tour packages. I would recommend them to explain tour packages that would fit the schedule of your pending travels.More
Chris, Sep 2023
Easy, fast responses
I worked directly with Monica in Asia Highlights. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions quickly. Working with her made the whole process easy and we are so excited for our trip!More
Diana B, Sep 2023
Stress free Thailand
Alisa has organised our 14 day Thailand holiday for 2024 for my family & I. She has been very accommodating & super quick with all of our requests & we cannot wait for a stress free holiday! Thank you Alisa!More
Alana Mitchell, Sep 2023
Family Trip to Thailand-Cambodia
All of our guides were very nice and knowledgeable, but we have a special mention to our guide in Cambodia, Chan, he was very kind with us and it was very amusing. He went the extra mile for us. We really enjoyed our holidays!More
José Antonio Carrillo de la Pl, Sep 2023
Asia Highlights and Sharon
Asia Highlights, specifically Sharon, has been wonderfully helpful as we get ready for a 2024 excursion to Thailand. We are beyond excited, and much of that has to do with the personalized attention that we have experienced with Sharon. She has been extremely responsive, obliging, and focused as she helped us design a tailor made itinerary. All of our questions have been addressed, our needs have been met, and the path has now been set for a very exciting trip.... thanks to Sharon.More
Marcy Hoenig, Sep 2023
I was planning a trip to Thailand to…
I was planning a trip to Thailand to especially see the Lantern Festival this year for our birthdays!! It’s been on our bucket list, but we were completely lost on how to go about planning for our trip. We’ve never really booked tours before but Alisa was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, flexible and efficient in providing all the information we needed to make our decision on the best tours and tickets to purchase. Thank you so much!!More
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/64d9a5a4657e4b39f768a21e, Aug 2023
I would definitely recommend Asia…
All of our guides were wonderful (Mr. Bank - Bangkok and Ms. Kai in Phuket & Khao Sok plus antoher guide who assisted in Koh Samui). Sharon took care of tours, private drivers, flights and hotels within Thailand and our trip went off without a hitch. The hotels were great and the transportation always arrived on time and with a clean,More
Guinevere Provance, Aug 2023
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful Thailand and Vietnam tour for you.
Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and then drive you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to explore at your leisure.
- Explore Hanoi's top attractions: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature.
- Hop on a cyclo (a local rickshaw) and get in amongst Hanoi's city life, passing through the famed Old Quarter.
- Watch an entertaining private water puppet performance, and later test your own skills with a hands-on practice session, when you can try controlling the puppets. Let out your inner puppeteer with this joyful experience.
- Visit Vietnam's ancient capital Hoa Lu, which presided over the country's first centralized feudal state from the end of the 10th century.
- Take a 2-hour leisurely rowing boat ride through an amazing tunnel cave and along a picturesque karst river in Trang An, which is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
- Explore Mua Cave and walk up 'Lying Dragon Mountain' for a panoramic view of Tam Coc.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
- Board your junk cruise at noon. This smaller craft is both more intimate and authentic than the usual group-tour boats.
- Swim in the emerald waters of Tra Bau in Lan Ha Bay.
- Roll up your sleeves and learn how to make Vietnamese spring rolls.
- You could try your hand at squid fishing in the evening or maybe another local activity you have interest in.
- Taste exquisite drinks and savor delicious food on board while enjoying the spectacular views.
- In the morning, kayak in the Ao Ech area to discover Ha Long's hidden charm — Lan Ha Bay.
- After brunch, transfer from Halong Bay back to Hanoi for your onward flight to Ho Chi Minh.
- Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh, your new guide and driver will meet you at the airport, and drive you to your hotel.
- Discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history at its most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
- Get an insight into the Saigonese lifestyle and culture by tasting a cup of coffee with the locals at a popular street cafe.
- In the late afternoon, transfer to Saigon Opera House to see Ho Chi Minh City's A O Show— a spectacular traditional Vietnamese culture performance with modern artistic techniques and talented acrobats, dancers, and musicians.
- In the morning, head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels by speedboat. It will save you about two hours on the way compared with a car transfer, as the road between Cu Chi and Ho Chi Minh is undergoing reconstruction.
- The Cu Chi Tunnels reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese resistance fighters. This tour includes a visit to the museum, a guided tour of the tunnels, and an opportunity to try some local foods.
- You will have a free afternoon to take a break during the long trip.
- Take a 2-hour drive to My Tho in the Mekong Delta, visit a handmade coconut candy workshop, sample local tropical fruits at the orchard garden, and travel throughout local villages.
- Have a leisurely sampan ride on picturesque canals in Ben Tra.
- Head to the heart of the Mekong Delta — Can Tho, and stay there overnight.
- Get up early to see the most bustling floating market in the Mekong Delta.
- Your private guide and driver will transfer you to Can Tho Airport for your onward flight to Da Nang.
- Upon arrival in Da Nang, your new private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to Hoi An.
- Learn more about Vietnamese culture through its food during an evening specialty-tasting tour. Walk around the ancient town and take a boat trip on the Hoai River for a dreamy night surrounded by colorful lanterns — hanging and floating.
- In the morning, cycle the narrow roads through the countryside near Hoi An, passing rice paddies, water buffaloes, bamboo bridges, and local farmers doing their daily work.
- At a fishing village, experience the fisher-folk lifestyle. Cruise down Cua Dai River and try your hand at casting Vietnamese fishing nets.
- Paddle a unique Vietnamese round-basket boat on tranquil coconut-tree-flanked waterways, just as the fisher folk do traditionally.
- You will have two free days to spend at your leisure on Hoi An beach or you could take a speedboat to nearby Charm Island for scuba diving.
- Your guide will drive you to the airport for your return/onward flight.
- Asia Highlights would be more than happy to be part of your unforgettable Vietnam tour and we hope to hear from you soon.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Attend Da Nang Fireworks Festival(2th June to 8th July 2023)
Caving in Phong Nha Ke-Bang National Park
For outdoor enthusiasts
A Charm Island Day Tour
For those who like sea sports
Lantern-making in Hoi An
For those who like hands-on activities
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel with nostalgic style in Hanoi
Central located hotel in Ho Chi Minh
A seaside hotel in Hoi An
A riverbank hotel in Can Tho
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 12 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-vn-11
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Cost, Best Time, Places to See
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries (with map)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.