This itinerary is specially designed for families with teenagers. With around 2 weeks in Vietnam, it is ideal for celebrating a birthday/graduation, or relaxing during a spring break or summer vacation.
This tour allows for a perfect balance of memory-making activities and leisurely free time. It is a mix of cultural experience, outdoor adventures, and relaxation.
It provides a chance to learn about Vietnam's local lifestyle, see stunning landscapes, and taste delicious cuisine, while creating lasting family memories.
*The cost for a customized private SE Asia tour from US$200/person/day
Vietnam Family Holiday Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Take a leisurely rowing boat ride through an amazing tunnel cave and along a picturesque karst river in Ninh Binh.
Sleep under the stars on the best family-friendly overnight Halong Bay Cruise.
Cycle the picturesque country roads of Hoi An
Paddle a Vietnamese basket boat to a fishing village and try your hand at casting local fishing nets.
Enjoy an evening foodie walk around Hoi An while the colorful lanterns light up the night.
Visit the biggest authentic floating market in the Mekong Delta..
See a spectacular A O Show performed at the Saigon Opera House
Spend two free days relaxing by the beach before heading back home.
98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Sharon from Asia highlights has been…
Sharon from Asia highlights has been amazing. She offered her amazing ideas to other tours I wanted. We have planned the perfect 9 day itinerary to Thailand. She worked in my budget and was very flexible when I had to change my flights. Thank you sharon. Can’t wait for the trip.More
Heather Stern Wilensky, Apr 2023
Ms. Ning first review 4-2023
Ms. Albee Ning has been doing a great job accommodating my requests and itinerary changes. Remember the first itinerary is a rough draft and you may modify it to suit your tastes. Remember you can not do it all and see everything in 3 weeks. If the flight wasn't so long I would visit Southeast Asia more often. I will update my review in a few months. We don't leave for 9 more months. Asia Highlights is working well for me so far!More
Chiefray, Apr 2023
Perfect Trip To Thailand…
We had so much fun in Bangkok with Tanni and Tom as they kept laughing at all of our silly jokes. Paul, our guide and Chiang Mai was really thoughtful, fun and full of great information about the temples and sights. Thanks so much! Brian and MichelleMore
Scott Orchard, Mar 2023
I highly recommend Asia Highlights
I highly recommend Asia Highlights. I worked with Alisa and she is fantastic! I was planning my honeymoon trip, and I changed the destination multiple times. Each time, Alisa provided me an updated itinerary with activities that matched my interests. Whether I had a small change to an activity, a question about one of the arrangements, or a change or destination, Alisa was helpful, thoughtful, and knowledgeable, providing me with updated options in an extremely timely manner. In the end, despite the fact that I changed my mind on location multiple times, I ended up booking a 17 day trip to Thailand for this upcoming November. I am extremely excited to experience everything that Alisa planned for us. I recommend Asia Highlights to everyone and look forward to using them again on any other trips to Asia in the future. Thank you Alisa and Asia Highlights!More
Britt Rosen, Mar 2023
Three weeks encompassing Vietnam
A special shoutout to our last guide in Bangkok - Ms. Ka-Noon who spoiled us with her kindness and then got us through check in and security for our flight home in record time at that huge Bangkok airport.More
Deby, Feb 2023
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia…
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia highlights twice. And both times we've had fantastic vacations. Would not want to do it any different when we travel to Asia from now on. Sharon was fantastic. She was a wonderful agent who helped us nail down our trip and make everything go as smooth as possible.More
Todd Atwell, Feb 2023
Family Trip to Thailand
Our trip to Thailand comprised three generations of the family , ten people and an age range of 4 to 70 so a potentially difficult brief.Our itinerary over two weeks involved four locations, and a number of different trips and tours.From out arrival at an extremely busy Bangkok airport Asia Highlights were terrific.In each location we were met by a smiling , knowledgeable and professional guide who simply made everything easy and stress free for everyone.Our transportation was clean and comfortable . Transport was always ready for us at the agreed time and the drivers were excellent.There were so many highlights enjoyed by all the age groups. The floating houses , railway market and elephant sanctuary were particular favourites.We had one minor glitch with the accommodation in Phuket which was immediately dealt with by Tip. I think we would have struggled to resolve the problem by ourselves. So, thank you Asia Highlights , Cathy, Tip and tour guides Tanny, Sam and Lisa. It was a memorable holiday and we will be back.More
Roger Pyle, Feb 2023
Trip of a lifetime from Asia Highlights!
I recommend highly Asia Highlights as a travel company. Our travel consultant Albee took the time to connect with us during the planning process to make sure we were comfortable with our itinerary. When we arrived, we were met by our guide and all the details were attended to. They picked great hotels and tours. I often describe our trip as the trip of a lifetime! Would definitely use them again when we come back to AsiaMore
Nancy Parker, Feb 2023
Asia Highlights and Albee - highly recommended
Asia Highlights is very reliable agency and Albee is an amazing representative of the company. From the moment when we contacted her until our departure, the whole support we received was 6* level. She prepared our trip offer within few hours and afterwards she was extremely flexible to adjust as per our needs. In the period between the offer and the trip, Albee was always available for all our questions and supported us on the best possible way. During the trip she was again flexible to add new activities/transfers and this went on the smoothest possible way. Thank you, Albee and Asia Highlights. Definitely we will approach you again for our next Asian tripMore
AZ, Feb 2023
5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY MONICA
Monica is a very sweet young lady who speaks excellent English via email/WhatsApp, and knows the importance of excellent customer service.More
Trent, Jan 2023
We had an awesome experience with Asia Highlights
We started our trip in Bangkok, where Mr. Prassert our tour guide, met us. He was on time and the van was clean and well-maintained. Mr. Prassert was our guide for the 4 days we spent in Bangkok. He was helpful, kind, and willing to accommodate our pee and coffee breaks. The driver was safe and punctual. Next, we went to Chiang Mai.Gemma exceeded every expectation we had for our tour of Chiang Mai! She had a great attitude that made exploring the city fun and exciting, as well as an abundance of knowledge and experience. She was always spot on with figuring out logistics and coming up with unique ideas that suited our interests and schedules. Gemma was incredibly generous with her time and even walked us to security at the airport to make sure we could carry all of our luggage. That’s just one example of how far out of her way she went to make our trip easier and more enjoyable. Gemma was sincerely interested in making every minute of our trip count. We’re very grateful to have met her and feel like we have found a friend in Gemma! Our driver in Chiang Mai was also great and very accommodating to our changes in schedules.More
Lois Paskow, Dec 2022
Thailand & Cambodia 2022
Albee went above and beyond to make our trip perfect. She rearranged flights due to a mistake of mine. She made sure we were still picked up and escorted to the airport. I felt comfortable and safe with all our reps. She did an excellent job and I highly recommend her booking your next trip. Thank you, Albee.More
Karen Brooks, Dec 2022
Perfect vacation thanks to Albee we…
I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate all the efforts, attention to details and immediate responses to all questions that Albee and her team provided. The Asia Highlights team deserves more stars than the maximum allowed because of continually going above and beyond all expectations. Thanks Albee for making our vacation through south east Asia absolutely perfect!!!More
Michael Sharp, Dec 2022
2023 Chiang Mai CAD Yipeng Festival
We got early bird ticket and Bella was assisting us through whatsapp. Easy, competitive price, front row tickets. Thanks Bella, for being patient explaining everything to me. Highly recommended.More
lily hartati, Dec 2022
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep. She was responsive and knowledgeable. Buying tickets from their website was super easy and the whole process was straightforward. Highly recommended.More
Khai, Nov 2022
I was ever so grateful to have a point…
I was ever so grateful to have a point of contact while in a foreign country for the first time, alone, that helped me through the Ins and outs of getting to and from my destination. Albee was readily available which brought me much comfort and feeling of safety. If in this part of the world again, I will not hesitate to use your services..More
Omega, Nov 2022
I booked tickets to the Chiang Mai Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Nov 2022. Bella was extremely responsive and helpful!!More
Bowen, Nov 2022
It is the attention to detail and what we specifically wanted to see that made the reservation experience so exciting.More
Peter Bongiovanni, Nov 2022
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful Thailand and Vietnam tour for you.
Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and then drive you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to explore at your leisure.
- Explore Hanoi's top attractions: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature.
- Hop on a cyclo (a local rickshaw) and get in amongst Hanoi's city life, passing through the famed Old Quarter.
- Watch an entertaining private water puppet performance, and later test your own skills with a hands-on practice session, when you can try controlling the puppets. Let out your inner puppeteer with this joyful experience.
- Visit Vietnam's ancient capital Hoa Lu, which presided over the country's first centralized feudal state from the end of the 10th century.
- Take a 2-hour leisurely rowing boat ride through an amazing tunnel cave and along a picturesque karst river in Trang An, which is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
- Explore Mua Cave and walk up ‘Lying Dragon Mountain' for a panoramic view of Tam Coc.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
- Board your junk cruise at noon. This smaller craft is both more intimate and authentic than the usual group-tour boats.
- Swim in the emerald waters of Tra Bau in Lan Ha Bay.
- Roll up your sleeves and learn how to make Vietnamese spring rolls.
- You could try your hand at squid fishing in the evening or maybe another local activity you have interest in.
- Taste exquisite drinks and savor delicious food on board while enjoying the spectacular views.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
- In the morning, kayak in the Ao Ech area to discover Ha Long's hidden charm — Lan Ha Bay.
- After brunch, transfer from Halong Bay back to Hanoi for your onward flight to Ho Chi Minh.
- Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh, your new guide and driver will meet you at the airport, and drive you to your hotel.
- Discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history at its most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
- Get an insight into the Saigonese lifestyle and culture by tasting a cup of coffee with the locals at a popular street cafe.
- In the late afternoon, transfer to Saigon Opera House to see Ho Chi Minh City's A O Show— a spectacular traditional Vietnamese culture performance with modern artistic techniques and talented acrobats, dancers, and musicians.
- In the morning, head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels by speedboat. It will save you about two hours on the way compared with a car transfer, as the road between Cu Chi and Ho Chi Minh is undergoing reconstruction.
- The Cu Chi Tunnels reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese resistance fighters. This tour includes a visit to the museum, a guided tour of the tunnels, and an opportunity to try some local foods.
- You will have a free afternoon to take a break during the long trip.
- Take a 2-hour drive to My Tho in the Mekong Delta, visit a handmade coconut candy workshop, sample local tropical fruits at the orchard garden, and travel throughout local villages.
- Have a leisurely sampan ride on picturesque canals in Ben Tra.
- Head to the heart of the Mekong Delta — Can Tho, and stay there overnight.
- Get up early to see the most bustling floating market in the Mekong Delta.
- Your private guide and driver will transfer you to Can Tho Airport for your onward flight to Da Nang.
- Upon arrival in Da Nang, your new private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to Hoi An.
- Learn more about Vietnamese culture through its food during an evening specialty-tasting tour. Walk around the ancient town and take a boat trip on the Hoai River for a dreamy night surrounded by colorful lanterns — hanging and floating.
- In the morning, cycle the narrow roads through the countryside near Hoi An, passing rice paddies, water buffaloes, bamboo bridges, and local farmers doing their daily work.
- At a fishing village, experience the fisher-folk lifestyle. Cruise down Cua Dai River and try your hand at casting Vietnamese fishing nets.
- Paddle a unique Vietnamese round-basket boat on tranquil coconut-tree-flanked waterways, just as the fisher folk do traditionally.
- You will have two free days to spend at your leisure on Hoi An beach or you could take a speedboat to nearby Charm Island for scuba diving.
- Your guide will drive you to the airport for your return/onward flight.
- Asia Highlights would be more than happy to be part of your unforgettable Vietnam tour and we hope to hear from you soon.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Attend Da Nang Fireworks Festival(2th June to 8th July 2023)
Caving in Phong Nha Ke-Bang National Park
For outdoor enthusiasts
A Charm Island Day Tour
For those who like sea sports
Lantern-making in Hoi An
For those who like hands-on activities
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel with nostalgic style in Hanoi
Central located hotel in Ho Chi Minh
A seaside hotel in Hoi An
A riverbank hotel in Can Tho
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 12 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-vn-11
Start planning your tailor-made tour now. Your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 1 working day.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.