If you're thinking of visiting Vietnam, you might be wondering how much a trip to Vietnam will cost you. The good news is that Vietnam is one of the most affordable travel destinations in Southeast Asia.
One way to maximize your time and money is by investing in a well-organized and efficient private tour, which is what we at Asia Highlights are experts in. In this article, we'll break down the costs of visiting Vietnam and share tips on how to plan a memorable and cost-effective trip.
How Much Is a Private Vietnam Tour Package?
Private tours in Vietnam are very affordable compared to those in Western countries. You can typically enjoy a high-quality, personalized experience without breaking the bank.
The cost of a private Vietnam tour package can vary widely depending on several factors such as the length of the tour, the level of accommodation, the activities included, and the number of people in the group.
Here are the prices for a private tour based on a group of 2 people during the peak season, for your reference:
- On a medium budget, touring Vietnam typically costs around US$200–250 USD per day per person (including 4-or-5-star hotels, airfares within Vietnam, attractions, guides, and transfers).
- For a higher budget of US$250–350 per day per person, more comfort can be enjoyed (including the top available 5-star+ hotels and the above).
- Kids under 10 usually travel at 30 to 50 percent off.
Here are some of our best-selling products and their prices. The prices below are per person, based on a great-quality 2-person experience (4/5-star hotels, private transfers, guide service, etc.).
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday: from US$ 2,199 per person
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa: from US$ 2,307 per person
November to April is the peak season in Vietnam. We suggest that you book a tour at least 6 months in advance to secure the best deals and enjoy maximum availability. Additionally, inviting family or friends to share costs can result in more savings.
The Cost of International Flights to Vietnam
The cost of international flights to Vietnam can varies based on the season, airline, and departure city.
From Europe: Direct flights are available, taking approximately 12 hours. If you wish to split the journey into two equal-length flights, we advise you to opt for Emirates and make a stopover in Dubai.
From the USA and Canada: There are very few direct flights from North America to Vietnam. If you are flying from the West Coast, you could make a stopover in Taipei or Tokyo. If you fly from the East Coast, you could make a stopover in Hong Kong or Doha.
On average, flights from the USA to Vietnam can cost around 600-1,600 USD per person per round trip. Flights from Europe can cost around 700 to 1500 USD per person for a round trip.
Concerning the arrival airport, you would most likely land in either Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi which are the two main cities in Vietnam. In general, the cheapest flights to Vietnam will fly into Ho Chi Minh City as it services more airlines.
The cheapest time to fly to Vietnam is during the travel off-travel seasons (roughly from April to May, and September to October) when there are not many tourists visiting the country. In general, booking 6 months in advance will give you the best deals on flight tickets.
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
The Cost of Accommodation in Vietnam
Vietnam offers a range of accommodations, including budget-friendly hostels and luxurious hotels. The cost of accommodation varies depending on your budget, location, and preferences.
The average cost per night for four-star accommodation is approximately US$80–120 per night, and it is about US$120–300 per night for five-star.
If you'd like two adjoining rooms or a family suite at a four or five-star hotel in a city center, plan to spend US$200–600 per night. If you have the budget, you'll be within walking distance of many attractions with luxury hotel services like a concierge, on-site fine dining, etc.
Early reservation to ensure your preferred hotel choices (at least 6 months in advance) is suggested.
The Cost of Transportation in Vietnam
Domestic flights are very affordable: about US$40 to 100 for economy seats. It is recommended to take flights, if possible, for longer journeys.
Local buses are the cheapest way, costing only a few dollars for long-distance journeys, but rides are long and more-motion-sickness-inducing on Vietnam's narrow winding roads.
For shorter intercity journeys or city tours, we recommended you take a private car with a driver, costing US$50 to 100 for a full day of service. It is the most efficient and comfortable way.
The Cost of Food in Vietnam
Food expenses can be difficult to budget because they can vary so drastically based on personal preferences.
Vietnamese cuisine is delicious and affordable. Street food is widely available and can cost as low as 1 to 3 USD per dish. Restaurants offer a wider range of options, and a good meal can cost around 5 to 10 USD per person. Western-style restaurants can be more expensive, with meals ranging from 10 to 20 USD per person.
On a private tour with us, get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the best local cuisine that we have handpicked just for you! Indulge in exquisite and delicious meals at affordable prices that will leave you wanting more.
Cost of Attractions/Activities in Vietnam
Vietnam offers a lot of things to see and do. Prices for attractions and activities can vary, but most are budget-friendly. Most museums and historical sites have an entrance fee of US$2–5 per person. Nature parks typically have fees of US$10–20 per person.
For some unique cultural experiences, such as cooking classes and foodie tours, the prices are about US$30–50 per person.
Tips for Maximizing Your Money on a Vietnam Trip
- Plan and research in advance: Research the best time for your travel, budget-friendly accommodation options, local transportation options, and food prices to get an idea of the overall cost of the trip. We are experts in this. Let us know your requirements and budget, and we will happily personalize a trip for you.
- Be flexible: Try to be flexible with your travel dates and times, as prices may vary depending on the season and time of day (especially during the festive season around Christmas and New Year). This can help you save money on airfares, hotels, and other expenses.
- Eat like a local: Local street food is relatively cheap and is an excellent way to experience the culture of the country while saving money. Avoid eating in touristy areas as food prices are generally higher in such places.
- Travel with a local travel agency: Research and select a reliable and local travel agency that offers affordable packages and deals to help you save money.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights Tour
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-day Thailand and Vietnam Family Tour
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights Tour of Southeast Asia: Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- 21-Day Thailand and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam 2024: 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam 2024: Itinerary, Best Times, Expert Tips
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025): 10 Days, 2, 3 Weeks Itineraries
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024/2025
- 2 Weeks/14 Days in Vietnam: Top 5 Itineraries (with map and Insider Tips)
- The Best Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary - A 2 Week Trip of A Lifetime
- 2 Weeks in Thailand, Cambodia & Thailand: 3 Perfect Itineraries for 14 Days
- How to Visit Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam 2024: 10, 14 and 21-Day Itinerary Ideas
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2024, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Discover real reviews of Highlights Travel Family's best-rated service across trusted platforms.
We made a private tour through South China in January 2024. Altogether Chengdu was the highlight. We had an incredible day at Emeishan. In Chengdu our guidewas Helen. She was the diamond of all. Speaking fluently English, full of interesting stories, laughing and talking all the time. We missed her the rest of our tour. We highly recommend to go to Chengdu for 3 days when visiting China, especially with Helen.more
Other highlights are too many to mention but here are a few Ken taking us to the Terracotta Warriors and our food tour in Xian was amazing,more
Our day volunteering at the Panda Base was truly unforgettable. Helen, our guide, provided us with invaluable insights about Chengdu and the pandas, enriching our tour with her knowledge and expertise. We're grateful to Helen for accompanying us throughout the day and showcasing the highlights of China.more
We had a booking with China Highlights through Silvia Ye who guarenteed a perfect organisation. In Chengdu our guide was Helen. She was the diamond of all. Speaking fluently English, full of interesting stories, laughing and talking all the time. We missed her the rest of our tour. We highly recommend to go to Chengdu for 3 days when visiting China, especially with Helen.more
We traveled to China during the Chinese new year and we had Kris as our guide and he is simply knowledgeable,helpful and great.more
We visited Guilin for 2 days and stayed in the Guilin Waterfall hotel. Guilin was absolutely beautiful! Our guide, William, was very knowledgeable and kind! He taught us so much about Guilin and the surrounding area! We really enjoyed trying the specialty rice noodles of Guilin. Our highlight was the Li river cruise.more
Amazing tour and the guide Mr. 贺霄 was very accommodating with our needs and request as we have bought our 2 years old with us. Well explained for all the place we visited. Any additional cost were informed well ahead and didn't felt any pressure if we opt not to go for additional detour. The trip was relaxing/ laid back/no rushing with zero shopping!more
We had an amazing to China. Our tour guide Martin in Shanghai was super knowledgeable, caring and very flexible with our itinerary. When my wife got sick in the Shanghai, he was able to arrange an English-speaking doctor on the spot and took us to the clinic. On top of the that, Martin and the driver stayed with us at the clinic for the whole duration and drove us back to the hotel afterwards. His genuine concern for our welfare and willingness to go the extra mile did not go unnoticed, and we were deeply touched by his kindness and compassion.more
Guilin, but mostly Yangshuo was at the tail end of our China adventure so there was a lot to live up to. Having a guide like Gary Wei meant that our trip ended on a high! We arrived in Guilin very late from an 11 hour train journey. Gary met us with gifts of fruit, sweet bread and cakes which was so unexpected and thoughtful.Gary's knowledge of the area was exceptional and his attention to us the same. He really took our children under his wing - even tuning in to annoying sibling rivalry and managing to keep the peace very well! Gary was our personal photographer at times and even our Taiji instructor, making a beautiful video of us all doing Taiji in a scenic setting :)The cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo is definitely worth taking and we enjoyed our few nights in the area, riding bikes along the river, doing a cooking class and enjoying the scenerymore
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.