This 5-day tour covers iconic landmarks in South Vietnam including the Cu Chi Tunnels and other top attractions in Ho Chi Minh City. Go under the surface of the Mekong Delta by visiting local villages and the famous Cai Rang Floating Market.
- Have an in-depth exploration of Ho Chi Minh City's top attractions plus the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Learn about how the locals earn their living in the fertile Mekong Delta by participating in their daily activities.
- Visit the famous Cai Rang Floating Market and uncover the trading manner of the locals.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel. Take the rest of the day to adjust to the jet lag or explore the city on your own.
Enjoy your breakfast and take in Ho Chi Minh City's highlights at a slow and easy pace.
You will discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history by visiting the most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
Continue your trip with a visit to the informative War Remnants Museum where you will learn about the American War from the perspective of the Vietnamese.
Hop on a local cyclo (a rickshaw) and catch a glimpse of city life as you travel around the bustling streets and quiet alleys.
Head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, which reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese in history. The complex tunnels, which are deeply hidden underground, protected the Viet Cong guerrillas from the French air and ground sweeps.
Depart in the morning on a 2-hour drive to Vinh Long, which is located in the Mekong Delta. A visit to the vibrant Vinh Long Market gives you an insight into the locals' lifestyle and the Delta's bounties: river fish, rice-field rats, fruits, and vegetables.
Board a local boat and cruise to a home restaurant for lunch on An Binh Island. Experience the local lifestyle and culture during your stay in the fertile Mekong Delta by rowing through narrow water lanes.
You will be transferred to Can Tho and stay overnight there.
Jump on a motorboat and begin your adventure to Cai Rang Floating Market where dozens of boats are laden with fruits, vegetables, and fish from all over the Mekong Delta, jostling for trade. To catch the attention of buyers, the vendors tie sample products to long poles.
Return to shore for a city tour of Can Tho and visit Can Tho Museum where numerous valuable objects are exhibited. You will have an overview of the Mekong Delta's culture and learn about the peaceful coexistence of different ethnic groups in this region.
Then, you will be driven to Binh Thuy Ancient House, a place of worship for the Duong family in the past. It is an outstanding example of Western and Eastern architectural elements. Afterward, you will be driven back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.