This itinerary is recommended for those whose first visit to Central Vietnam has limited days. From the grand Imperial Citadel and the impressive royal tombs in Hue to the breathtaking vistas at the Hai Van Pass, and from the limestone Marble Mountains in Da Nang to the Old Quarter in Hoi An, you will have the opportunity to see the compelling historic attractions and spectacular natural beauty of Central Vietnam.
- Visit the grand Imperial Citadel and royal tombs in Hue, which stand as an abiding memory of the Nguyen Dynasty.
- Appreciate the spectacular views of the famous Hai Van Pass on the drive between Hue and Da Nang.
- Explore the unique natural caves and ancient temples at the Marble Mountains.
- Walk through Hoi An Ancient Town, which is filled with centuries-old architectural marvels.
We have been working with Albee to book our trip to SE Asia and she has been very responsive and accommodating. We have modified a basic itinerary to allow us to visit where we want and to do what we want. Her responses have been prompt and we spoke at one time via whatsapp. We have confidence in her and the booking of our trip.More
customer, Aug 2023
We would highly recommend Asia…
We would highly recommend Asia Highlights to anyone who is interested in traveling to Asia. Alisa was incredibly gracious and took care of all of the changes and created the absolute perfect trip for our family.More
Vivana, Jul 2023
More than 5 stars if I could!!
Sharon has been so amazing from the very start! The planning process, the communication while on the trip, the attentiveness. Everything has been top notch and we couldn't be more pleased with the trip!More
Kathi, Jul 2023
Will be booking again next time!
It was easy to book and they made the whole process smooth! It was no worries for us travelers! Albee did a great booking and we loved our tour guides Oahn in Vietnam, Yong on the Orchid Cruise, Charity in Cambodia, and Tamee. They made everything seem less!More
Jen B, Jul 2023
My impression the trip with Asia Highlights
We just finished the trip we planned with Asia Highlights to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. It has been a wonderful experience and we would like to recognize the very professional and positive planning that we have received from this agency. The guide and the driver was so nice ,Thank you all the work .More
Tara, Jul 2023
Monica is wonderful!!!
Monica has be wonderful! She has been very helpful in putting together an awesome itinerary for our Vietnam trip in 2024! Not only has she put together a wonderful trip, she had patience and willingness to customize our trip!More
Karla, Jul 2023
Easy to book!
We have booked a trip with the assistance of Monica. She has been most helpful and attentive during this process. She responds quickly to our inquiries and questions. Monica has been polite, pleasant and very helpful!More
Carole Cavanaugh, Jul 2023
21 days in SE Asia with help of Yeliz
Just put my deposit down for a 21 day trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore. Yeliz is a pleasure to work with. She is timely with her responses and has made some wonderful choices, but is always happy to implement my suggestions and more than willing to tweak the itinerary based on our preferences. I look forward to the finish line and what should be a trip of a lifetime. Thank you Yeliz!More
Steven Berke, May 2023
We had one of the best trips ever
We had one of the best trips ever, to Vietnam and Cambodia. With the help of Cathy Chen and Asia Highlight our trip was a very enjoyable and unforgettable experience. From the planning to the last day, Cathy kept in touch and made sure everything was to our satisfaction. The trip with a number of hotels, plane trips, and guides, functioned like a Swiss clock. Not a single lateness or other issue occurred. The guides were all professional, courteous, on time, and knowledgeable, All were very pleasant. We learned a great deal, saw very interesting places, met local residents, and saw the beautiful countryside. The trip was perfect. Thanks, Cathy and Asian Highlights.More
Michael Koenigstein, May 2023
Extremely impressed with Alisa Liu and the assistance planning my dream trip
I've been so impressed by the response and expertise I've received from Alisa Liu. I haven't taken my trip yet and just submitted an inquiry and Alisa responded almost immediately and has put together what looks to be an amazing three week itinerary in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Bali. She's been patient with me for making numerous changes from my initial plans. I even added in several extra days and going to Bali because I felt confident that I should take advantage of her expertise and make the most out of this trip. My trip is still several months out so I'll report back after it's completed. But so far I am beyond satisfied with what has been planned and the assistance provided from Alisa.More
Kim Samaha, Apr 2023
Albee Ning from Asia Highlights is the most professional and accommodating trip organizer..
Our first experience with Asia highlights was in 2017 when Albee arranged a 3-weeks China trip for my husband and I. We had a delightful trip and reached out to Albee to help with Vietnam & Combodia trip in 2019. This time we were going to travel with our 2 kids. Albee put together a kids-friendly family-oriented itinerary with amazing accommodations. The trip was to happen in early 2020, when Covid pandemic hit. Everything was refunded to us and Albee never mentioned anything about the work and effort she put in to organize the trip. Finally, 3 years later, we were able to make the trip. Albee is the most patient and accommodating trip advisor I've ever known. She polished our prior itinerary, made adjustments and added new suggestions. We had to make a number of changes in the dates and the nature of the trip as we had some unexpected circumstances in the family. Albee was able to make changes within very short period of time, always with a friendly welcoming attitude and as it was no big deal. She made the whole trip arranging experience a breeze for us, taking care of everything. The trip was amazing. We had a great time. Albee was available 24/7 to answer all our questions and accommodate any requests while on the trip. Next time we are planning a trip to Asia, I would definitely reach out to Albee again.More
Raisa Knobel, Apr 2023
We meet again Asia Highlights
I’m glad to taking another great trip with Asia highlights. This time my advisor is Albee. She been amazing and extremely patient overall, I have made several changes to the itinerary at least 8 times. I plan to head to travel to Vietnam for 9 nights as a Solo Traveller.More
Simone, Apr 2023
3 weeks 3 countries Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Perfectly planned, perfectly executed and perfectly satisfied!
We were so fortunate to work with Monica at Southeast Asia Highlights. She listened to our likes and dislikes and tailored a beautiful trip perfectly suited to our desires! Every step of the way we had beautiful accommodations, amazing sites to visit and fun knowledgeable guides to take us everywhere. I’m so impressed how each day was perfectly planned and executed, no drama worry free travel. I highly recommend this expertise and will travel through them for new destinations.More
Jeanette, Feb 2023
First time traveling to Vietnam
Just finished our trip as of yesterday and I have to say, everything went great. Sharon was very helpful from the beginning, from the initial planning, booking everything, checking in throughout the trip, also correcting some issues, all the way to the end.More
Len S, Feb 2023
Perfect Vietnam & Cambodia Experience
The organization was perfect.Albee was very knowledgeable, proactive and responsive. Everything worked very smoothly as promised.The design of the trip was perfect.More
Juergen Heilmann, Jan 2023
Ask For Bella And/Or Nguyen at Asia Highlights
Bella and Nguyen jointly handled the situation very professional, they were very supportive even getting out of their way to advise me and finally the approval came in on time.More
Beatrice Njau, Nov 2022
Siem Reap , Cambodia Vacation
Tola Lon, our guide in Siem Reap, Cambodia was excellent. Very knowledgeable about the sites on the tour. Very attentive to our questions.Always enquiring about our comfort level on the tour as it was very hot.More
Marie Motilall, Oct 2022
Excellent Customer Service
Monica Mo was so helpful, kind, and professional when I enquired about an Approval Letter Issue. She directed me to a less expensive alternative that I could accomplish by myself without charge.More
SHARON K, Sep 2022
We have had the most amazing trip to…
Albee did a great job with the planning and was always available during the trip. We are looking forward to using Asian Highlights soon.More
Gabriella Franco, Sep 2022
Very good and professional staff
Even though, I cancelled the trip and then went on a delayed trip, the staff was very cooperative. Albee was excellent and the rest of the crew matched her. Good organization and I will recommend the company.More
Bmk, Aug 2022
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
Trip note: If your arrival flight/train is in Da Nang, we can also arrange the collection from Da Nang and then transfer you to your hotel in Hue.
You will discover Hue's essence: the Imperial Citadel, the Imperial City, the royal tombs, the Perfume River, and Thien Mu Pagoda.
Hue was the Vietnamese capital during the Nguyen Dynasty (1802–1945). The Imperial Citadel was built in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. It holds many palaces and temples inside its giant walls. Remnants of the past can still be seen inside the Imperial Citadel and the Imperial City when spending some time wandering around.
Continue to the surrounding countryside to see the final resting place of the emperors at two of the most impressive royal tombs. Take a boat trip along the Perfume River to visit the iconic Thien Mu Pagoda.
When you visit Central Vietnam, one site you can't miss is the Hai Van Pass. It is one of the most scenic vantage points in the country. On your drive between Hue and Da Nang, you will see the Hai Van Pass surrounded by rolling hills and green valleys, offering the most spectacular views. You can have a few stops on the way to take pictures of the attractions.
Enjoy a half-day city tour by utilizing your time to cover Da Nang's highlights: the iconic Dragon Bridge, the serene and extraordinary Cao Dai Temple, the informative Museum of Cham Sculpture, and the famous Marble Mountains. Formed by a cluster of five peaks and numerous hidden caves and tunnels inside, the Marble Mountains rise abruptly from the flat land along the coast of the East Sea. After your climb, head to your hotel in Hoi An.
Hoi An, heavily influenced over the years by the Chinese, Japanese, and Europeans, is a city filled with cultural complexity. It was a prosperous trading port from the 15th to 19th centuries and is famed for its well-preserved architecture, pedestrian-only streets, and distinctive local cuisine.
Take your time and meander through Hoi An's narrow lanes to uncover its highlights: the historic Japanese Covered Bridge, the memorable Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation, and the colorful local specialties market, which has stalls brimming with goods. You can also pay a talented tailor to make garments from silk there within a day or two.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Cost, Best Time, Places to See
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries (with map)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.