This itinerary is recommended for those whose first visit to Central Vietnam has limited days. From the grand Imperial Citadel and the impressive royal tombs in Hue to the breathtaking vistas at the Hai Van Pass, and from the limestone Marble Mountains in Da Nang to the Old Quarter in Hoi An, you will have the opportunity to see the compelling historic attractions and spectacular natural beauty of Central Vietnam.
- Visit the grand Imperial Citadel and royal tombs in Hue, which stand as an abiding memory of the Nguyen Dynasty.
- Appreciate the spectacular views of the famous Hai Van Pass on the drive between Hue and Da Nang.
- Explore the unique natural caves and ancient temples at the Marble Mountains.
- Walk through Hoi An Ancient Town, which is filled with centuries-old architectural marvels.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
Trip note: If your arrival flight/train is in Da Nang, we can also arrange the collection from Da Nang and then transfer you to your hotel in Hue.
You will discover Hue's essence: the Imperial Citadel, the Imperial City, the royal tombs, the Perfume River, and Thien Mu Pagoda.
Hue was the Vietnamese capital during the Nguyen Dynasty (1802–1945). The Imperial Citadel was built in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. It holds many palaces and temples inside its giant walls. Remnants of the past can still be seen inside the Imperial Citadel and the Imperial City when spending some time wandering around.
Continue to the surrounding countryside to see the final resting place of the emperors at two of the most impressive royal tombs. Take a boat trip along the Perfume River to visit the iconic Thien Mu Pagoda.
When you visit Central Vietnam, one site you can’t miss is the Hai Van Pass. It is one of the most scenic vantage points in the country. On your drive between Hue and Da Nang, you will see the Hai Van Pass surrounded by rolling hills and green valleys, offering the most spectacular views. You can have a few stops on the way to take pictures of the attractions.
Enjoy a half-day city tour by utilizing your time to cover Da Nang’s highlights: the iconic Dragon Bridge, the serene and extraordinary Cao Dai Temple, the informative Museum of Cham Sculpture, and the famous Marble Mountains. Formed by a cluster of five peaks and numerous hidden caves and tunnels inside, the Marble Mountains rise abruptly from the flat land along the coast of the East Sea. After your climb, head to your hotel in Hoi An.
Hoi An, heavily influenced over the years by the Chinese, Japanese, and Europeans, is a city filled with cultural complexity. It was a prosperous trading port from the 15th to 19th centuries and is famed for its well-preserved architecture, pedestrian-only streets, and distinctive local cuisine.
Take your time and meander through Hoi An’s narrow lanes to uncover its highlights: the historic Japanese Covered Bridge, the memorable Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation, and the colorful local specialties market, which has stalls brimming with goods. You can also pay a talented tailor to make garments from silk there within a day or two.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.