Visit the must-see attractions in South Vietnam in this classic 4-day trip. Experience the dynamic Ho Chi Minh City and learn about its past by visiting top attractions including the famous war site: the Cu Chi Tunnels.
Discover the 'rice bowl' of Vietnam by connecting with local people in the Mekong Delta.ah-vn-8
- Have an in-depth exploration of Ho Chi Minh City's top attractions.
- Discover the underground Cu Chi Tunnels, which reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese in history.
- Experience the locals' lives during your stay in the fertile Mekong Delta by participating in their activities.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
Take the rest of the day to adjust to the jet lag or explore the city on your own.
You will discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history by visiting the most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
Continue your trip to visit the informative War Remnants Museum and learn about the American War from the perspective of the Vietnamese.
Have an insight into the Saigonese lifestyle and culture by tasting a cup of coffee at a famed street caf' like the locals. You will also learn some simple local language from your guide.
Head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, which reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese in history. Complex tunnels, which are deeply hidden underground, protected the Viet Cong guerrillas from the French air and ground sweeps.
Depart from Saigon for a 1?-hour drive to Ben Tre. Take advantage of the scenery in the fertile Mekong Delta, which is filled with lush rice paddies and tropical fruits. At the pier, hop on a motorboat to discover the stilt houses, fish farms, and scenes of countryside living. Arrive at Turtle Island and sample fresh fruits and coconut milk while interacting with a local farming family. Visit a family-run coconut candy workshop, utilizing Ben Tre's famous coconuts.
Move through narrow canals on a sampan and the locals will entertain you with their hospitality and tasty honey tea while you admire a traditional folk song performance.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.