Contact us USA/CA: 800-2682918
Being Outwardly novel and inwardly unconventional, Vietnam keeps luring worldwide travelers with its timeless charm. Cruise Halong Bay for a starry dream, enrich your experience with a hands-on cooking class in Hoi An and visit the Mekong Delta. Get a taste of authentic life in the Land of Timeless Charm.
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Handpicked Comfort||Luxury|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31|| || |
Note: We will guarantee you get the price as showed above except that there will be a price fluctuation in festival seasons (such as National Day, Vietnamese New Year and etc).
You will be welcome by your tour guide at the airport of Hanoi.
Transfer to your hotel. Free time to adjust yourself from jetlag or explore the city on your own.
Among all the international transport hubs, we’d recommend Bangkok or Hong Kong for your entry,as there are better airfares and it is easier to get around.
For more information regarding visa, please go to our Tour Information at the bottom of this page.
2 nights at Hanoi Pearl Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Apricot Hotel Hanoi (Luxury)
Take the chance to know about Vietnam's history and cultures with an interesting city tour that leads you to the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, Hoa Lo Prison and most importantly its fascinating grasp of gourmet with a visit to the Old Quarter.
Highlight of Today: Hanoi Street Eats:
Weave your way in the labyrinth of streets in the Old Quarter, with all the street names taken from the major merchandises that are sold there. You will be led by your tour guide who has been living in Hanoi for a long time and an absolute expert for great street eats.
Life pace is fast and dazzling but it wouldn't hurt to slow down with a cup of Hanoi's special coffee - Egg Coffee. Later, try out Rice Cakes, hot off the stove or a bowl of Pho (rice noodles)!
Your tour guide will teach you how to pick some fresh longan sterns or lychees, bargaining with the vendor itself is interesting to watch! A Vietnamese sandwich, Banh Mi, is big enough for two adults and you get to choose the fillings. Pickle or sliced potato, whichever you like! Wrap it up with a cool beer or ice cream and you will be escorted back to your hotel (on foot or by car, you call the shot.)
What makes it special for me?
- Be one of the locals: When you are crouching down at a low table of a local cafe, you are no tourist but a Hanoian who knows how to appreciate some small good things in life. All thanks to local knowledge of your tour guide.
- Clean, authentic and to your own palate: Your tour guide will first ask about your food preference and choose the right spot for you. He/she will make sure you won't be drinking from a questionable cup.
- Hidden gems: Shops or vendors that are not on the TripAdvisor and you can tell your friends that you've tried something they never did.
After a fresh coffee and breakfast, you will be on the way to Halong Bay. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the bay has all it takes for a relaxing journey: a stunning natural landscape, catering services onboard, an outlook over a waterfront lifestyle, and interesting activities, such as kayaking, swimming, and diving.
Itineraries differ for each cruise, but you will probably visit: Cua Van Fishing Village, Vung Vieng Fishing Village, Me Cung Caves, Virgin Cave, and Surprise Cave, as well as passing some small islets, such as Flight Cock Islet, Human Head Islet, and Toad Islet and etc. Some cruises also include a cooking class at night and a taichi lesson in the morning.
1. There’s not much to see during the drive to the bay.so Ttake a nap to recharge,ready for the upcoming journey.
2. You will have a shuttle bus to transfer to Halong Bay. Pick up time and location will be informed the day before the cruise.
3. Traveling with a baby? Notify us in advance and we will put a crib in your cabin.
4. All meals onboard are included except for drinks. Buy some snacks and drinks ahead of time. There will be a little fridge in your cabin, enjoy a cool drink!
1 night on Jasmine Cruise (Handpicked Comfort) / Bhaya Classic Cruise (Luxury)
The cruising journey comes to a perfect ending and the cruise company will have a shuttle transfer taking you back to Hanoi.
Meet your tour guide again and transfer to the airport. Onward flight to Danang and 40-minute car drive to Hoi An.
2 nights at Essence Hoi An Hotel & Spa (Handpicked Comfort) / Almanity Hoi An Resort and Spa (Luxury)
Immerse yourself in the cultural ancient town of Hoi An, your tour guide will lead you to some key sites including Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Old House of Tan Ky and Chen Family Chapel.
Have some simple lunch at a local restaurant and your private tour guide will take you to Hai Scout Café, where a staff from Red Bridge Restaurant waits for you and he/she will take you for an interesting cooking session outside of the ancient town.
Highlight of Today: Private Cooking Session at Red Bridge Restaurant
Meet and greet at Hai Scout Café, you will walk to a local market where the basic ingredients of Vietnamese cooking will be introduced to you. Take a short boat trip on the Hoi An River and get to Red Bridge Restaurant. Walk on the ground of its herb garden and you will learn how to pick and process the herbs.
The private cooking session starts in the early afternoon, with 3 to 5 typical delicacies to be learnt. Enjoy your own creation after the session and your private tour guide will escort you back to hotel by car before the evening.
What makes it special for me?
- Small private session: The cooking classroom will be closed in the afternoon for your private cooking session. You will have full attention and thorough instructions of an experienced chef. The private session is only for up to 6 people, which is a perfect size for families on vacation.
- Get the essence: Dish list is short yet essential enough for you to learn the typical Vietnamese cooking, including rice cake,shrimp rolls, Hoian pancakes, Quang Nam chicken noodle soup and food decoration (fruit and veggie carving). If you have specific preferance for food, the chef will teach you how to make it the Vietnamese way. Bring home with more than just happy memories, but some real skills.
You will have some free time in Hoi An in the morning.
Transfer to Danang for an onward flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Check-in upon arrival.
Have you been to Angkor Wat in Siem Reap? No matter what your answer is, My Son Ruins can make a good day trip outside of Hoi An. Angkor-style temple ruins scatter the vast grounds with some of them are still sublime and delicate in details. This short trip can be done either by bike or motorbike and you can return to Hoi An before lunch.
2 nights (of Day-06 and Day-08) at Millennium Boutique Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Hotel Majestic Saigon (Luxury)
Take a morning visit in Ho Chi Minh City. Formerly named Saigon, this southern city oozes with nostalgic charm among its colonial-era buildings, street side Cafés and shady boulevards. Take an easy walk to the downtown, where you will see General Post Office, Notre Dame Cathedral and Reunification Palace. Get inside the War Remnants Museum to learn about history; F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter are their most interesting collection.
Later, hop on a cyclo (local name for rickshaw) that is pedaled by a local. Enjoy the ride to feel the easy-lazy vibe of Ho Chi Minh City.
Have some simple lunch after the cyclo ride and your private tour guide will escort you to Can Tho. The drive is long, so just take a nap on the way and you will there when you wake up.
Highlight of Today: Cyclo Ride in Ho Chi Minh City
The cyclo ride starts from the War Remnants Museum and leads all the way to Ben Thanh Market. Real daily mundae life is in live, only in these narrow streets that are not accesible by big tourist buses. Although just for 20 minutes, the ride allows you to slow down and watch the how the world turns from the passenger basket of the cyclo.
What makes it special for me?
- Saigon in slow motion: The best way to explore a city, we believe, is to get on your foot and take it slow. As traffic in Ho Chi Minh City is not that friendly to walkers, we take it another way by the cyclo. And it is suitable for all ages. Babies under 6 can ride along with the parents free of charge; and young children will be happy to have their own basket for the ride; also pretty enjoyable for seniors as it is away from fast traffic and noise.
- Small help means a lot: A cyclo ride helps reduce carbon emission, there are already too many cars in the city! There are thousands of cyclo riders in Ho Chi Minh and most of them are formerly farmers or lay-off workers. They padel hard to make sure you have a safe and happy ride; that is something worthy your appreciation.
1 night at Iris Can Tho Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Victoria Can Tho Resort & Spa (Luxury)
Hope you slept well last night as we will get up before the sunrise today. Sit on a motor-engined boat to visit Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho. You will beat the crowds before 0700am, which is the best time for great chaotic scene at the market.
Get back to Can Tho town for a simple breakfast and then hit the road to My Tho. Jump onto a sampan boat to ride through narrow canals lined with water coconut trees and pay a visit to a local orchard. Have lunch with the host and continue the boat trip back to My Tho.
Transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City and check in your hotel before the evening.
After breakfast, enjoy some free time at your leisure before your private tour guide picks you up and takes you to the airport. Have a safe flight home, and we hope to see you again soon!
Asia Highlights chooses hotels with a balanced mixture of traditional Vietnamese style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep. Room type in bold letters are what we choose especially for you.
- 4.5/5 points by over 600 travelers on TripAdvisor.
- 10 minutes to walk to the Old Quarter, great service and breakfast.
- Deluxe City View Room, 35sqm, extra bed available and city view.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence, #11/146 on TripAdvisor.
- Cruising in less-crowded water, experienced crew and elegant deco.
- Deluxe Cabin, upper deck, totally 20sqm with private balcony.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor, ranked 6/119.
- 10 minutes to walk to ancient town, spa, pool and quiet rooms.
- Deluxe Room Balcony, 30sqm with balcony, extra bed allowed.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor, ranked 40/457.
- Near the Saigon River, pool and connecting rooms available.
- Premium Deluxe, 30sqm, allows family of 3, higher floor.
- 4/5 points by reviewers on TripAdvisor, ranked 8/45.
- Nice faclity, skybar and friendly staff for a small town stay.
- Deluxe Room, 45sqm, balcony and allows family of 3.
Note: Your comfort counts! It's totally possible to change hotels based on your interests and budget. Just let us know your preferences and we will help you choose.