Ticket Price for Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lantern Festival 2020
In 2022, the Yi Peng Festival will be observed on November 8th-9th at Chiang Mai CAD location. Asia Highlights is the official partner of Chiang Mai CAD.
Our customers who buy 2 tickets will get 1 free night at Sunny V Hotel Chiang Mai with breakfast.
|Ticket Type||Price (USD)||Included|
|Standard Ticket Only||155 $||Standard ticket (QR code)
Dinner at standard dining area
|VIP Ticket Only||195 $||VIP ticket (QR code)
Dinner at VIP dining area
|Premium Ticket Only||215 $||Premium ticket (QR code)
Dinner at Premiun dining area
|Standard Ticket + Free Shuttle Transfer from Maya Shopping Center||155 $||Free round-trip transfer
standard ticket (QR code)
Dinner at standard dining area
|VIP Ticket + Free Shuttle Transfer from Maya Shopping Center||195 $||Free round-trip transfer
VIP ticket (QR code)
Dinner at VIP dining area
|Premium Ticket + Free Shuttle Transfer from Maya Shopping Center||215 $||Free round-trip transfer
Premium ticket (QR code)
Dinner at premiun dining area
About Sunny V Hotel Chiang Mai
Customers who buy 2 tickets for the Yi Peng Lantern Festival will get 1 free night on October 31 at Sunny V Hotel Chiang Mai with breakfast. This 4-star Thai-style boutique hotel with spacious rooms is about 3 km (2 miles) from Tha Phae Gate and Chiang Mai Night Bazar.
Seat Map of Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lanterns Festival 2022
Celebration Time Line for Reference
04:00 pm- 04:30 pm: Pick up at Maya Shopping Center and transfer to Chiang Mai Air Sport Farm
04:30 pm - 05:00 pm: Welcome to the Yi Peng Festival. Register and receive souvenir
05:00 pm - 06:30 pm: Enjoy seeing cultural arts performance, taste different kinds of Thai-style snacks and drinks.
06:30 pm - 07:45 pm: Enjoy the Thai style buffet dinner
07:45 pm - 09:00pm: Start to enter the ritual and ceremony area
09:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Launch lanterns and enjoy the wonderful view.
10:00 pm - 11:00 pm: End of the celebration, transfer back to Maya Shopping Center
- Booking Steps Send us an inquiry and make payment with your personal information. We will issue your ticket within 1 working day.
- Transportation To offer you a more convenient way to reach the Chiang Mai CAD event venue at the Air Sport Farm, we will provide free shuttle services to and from the celebration.
To catch the shuttle service, arrive at 15:00 at the Art in Paradise Chiang Mai 3D Museum or at Maya Shopping Center. Find the reservation desk and Chiang Mai CAD volunteers, who will be in uniform dress with a CAD logo. Present your e-ticket for verification, and then they will arrange a vehicle for you.
- Traveling with children There is no discount price for children.
- Important reminder Tickets are not available for changes of dates, names and venue and non-refundable, even if the cerebration is cancelled, the cost will be donated to charity .
Questions you might have about the Yi Peng Festival
- Can I purchase one ticket to go to the event at both the Yi Peng Lanna International (Mae Jo) and the Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lanterns Festival 2020 No, you can only use this ticket for one time at one venue. Your registed information will expire after the ticket is checked at entry.
- What's the major difference between the Mass Release at Maejo University and Chiang Mai CAD( at Air Sports Farm)? The main difference is that the Mass Release at Mae Jo is a private event linked with the traditions of the Yi Peng Festival. This is also why it has to go through governmental approval on a yearly basis.
There will also be a lantern release at the Air Sports Farm. With a capacity of 4000 and 2 lanterns dispatched to each client, the release will also be massive with an estimated number of up to 6000 lanterns. Although it doesn't take the name of Mass Release, this venue can be a solid pick if you are looking for a WOW.
- How can I get confirmation of my ticket booking?
For booking Chiang Mai CAD Komloy Sky Lanterns Festival 2020, there will be an E-ticket with your passport information (full name and passport photo, need to be registed before 30 September) and venue information (date,ticket number, location, time and seat number). This ticket is to be used exclusively by yourself.
For booking Yi Peng Lanna International(Mae Jo), there will be only traditional paper tickets. And the organizer usually will issue the tickets in advance for 5 days before the festival venue, so you will get the paper tickets from your guide on the day to attend the festival venue.
Picture below is a sample ticket for the Chiang Mai CAD Komloy Sky Lanterns Festival 2020.Yi Peng Festival Standard Ticket Sample
- Is it possible that the tickets are not available after my payment is made and passport information is sent? Tickets to the Chiang Mai CAD are available for booking until 15th Oct,2020.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-compensatory in case of loss
- Is it possible for children to participate? How much is for one child? There is no strict age limitation. However, the chaotic celebration, entry, traffics, and massive amount of people, as well as the fire used to launch lanterns, can be intimidating or even dangerous for children under 12 years old.
There is no child price. Children of all ages are charged the same as adults.
- Can I take photos or make videos of the Buddhism rituals? Our Premium tickets allow you with the closet with the monks, photos and vidoes are possible. However, you cannot enter the seating zone of the monks.
- Will there be somebody who can help me launch the lanterns? A traditional Lanna lanterns is big in size and it usually takes 3 men to launch. You will find some volunteers at the venue. They will be happy to help you out.
- Will the floating lanterns cause environmental problems such as earth and water pollution or forest fire? As a tour operator with high awareness for social responsibility, we only provide our clients with lanterns that fit the local governmental standards.
At the Chiang Mai CAD , we will use the traditional Dhammachai lanterns for you.
This kind of lanterns, although large in size, is smartly designed: it has a short heat-proof wire attached to the small candle wick that is no longer than 30cm inside the approximately 90cm-long diameter. The candle wick will likely quench out after floating up for about 10 minutes. And the heat-proof wire prevents fire or short circuit if the lanterns fall on the high-voltage power transmission cables. Using only natural and recyclable papers and bamboo, all the materials are biodegradable and will not cause pollution on the earth. It is approved by Thai Industrial Standards TIS808/2552.
As for the Loy Krathong, the lantern boats are made of banana leaves and filled with flowers, which are also biodegradable.
For safety and environmental consideration, please don't make your own lanterns or lantern boats or purchase non-standard ones.
- Can I use this ticket to attend the Loy Krathong? The Loy Krathong event is free to enter, held by the riverside at night. You may take part in during your stay in Chiang Mai from Oct 31th to Nov 2th,2020.
- What is the dress code for the event? No short pants, sleeve-less tops or mini skirts are allowed. We recommend you get dressed up in Lanna style with a longyi as bottoms and a clothing on the shoulder.
- Can I drink beer or wine at the event? No, you may not. Alcohol drinking or selling is not allowed at the celebration.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.