Journey Highlights at a Glance
- Enjoy Yi Peng Festival at Chiang Mai CAD
- Interacting with elephants at a conservation camp
- Experience ethnic group culture in Chiang Mai
- VIP ticket to Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lantern Festival
- Vehicle transfers and an English-speaking tour guide
- All-guided sightseeing and entrance fees, as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches on every guided day
- Service charges and government taxes
Itinerary in detail
In 2020 the Yi Peng Festival celebration will fall on October 31 and November 1th , and we shall make sure you are there on the day.
Day 129th Oct, Arrive in Chiang Mai
Welcome to Chiang Mai, renown by locals as the ��Rose of the North��, for its beauty and charm. You will be met by your private local guide at the airport and be taken to the hotel with a private car.
Day 2 30th Oct, A Local Lifestyle Experience with Mountian Doi Suthep and Street Food
After breakfast in your hotel, head for Doi Suthep Mountain, where you will visit one of the most sacred temples in Northern Thailand �C Wat Phra That (founded in 1383 AD). After climbing up 309 steps, you will be rewarded with a superb panoramic view of Chiang Mai City!
Return to Chiang Mai and take a rickshaw ride through its busy streets and quiet alleys. Sample various delicacies, including Northern Thai-style noodle soup, stir-fries, pad Thai (stir-fried Thai noodles), khao man gai (chicken rice), khao soi (a Burmese-influenced noodle dish), fresh fruits, and a variety of Thai desserts. Learn about Chiang Mai��s local street food by touring food stalls and shophouses, especially around the Three Kings Monument area.
Day 3 31th Oct, Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and Celebrating Yi Peng Festival
Chiang Mai is definitely the best place to observe and interact with the Asian elephants! We specifically choose this Elephant Jungle Sanctuary (over 30 formerly mistreated elephants are now being well taken care of) as it is a joint program between members of the Karen hill-tribes and Chiang Mai locals since 2014.
Depart at around 07:00am, the morning you will experience Karen hill tribe culture, natural scenery while they interact with elephants, including feeding, bathing, brushing and interacting with them. There will be numerous photography opportunities. Afterwards you will be served with local snacks and seasonal fresh fruits for your lunch.
After approximately 6 hours elephant experience, you will be driven back to your hotel for a rest and prepare for the Yi Peng Festival event.
Yi Peng Festival celebration, enjoy the sky lantern release
In the afternoon around 3:30 pm, your guide and driver will meet you at the hotel lobby. You will be taken to the festival venue at Air Sport Farm (Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lantern Festival) and enjoy VIP access to your seats.
After the celebration, your tour guide and driver will escort you back to the hotel at around 10 pm (the exact time will be advised).
Asia Highlights Exclusive VIP Experiences
- Round-trip transfer between your hotel and the event venue
- 1 sky lantern for each traveler
- A VIP souvenir
- Buffet dinner (a variety of Thai cuisine, soft drinks, juice and water)
If you would like to upgrade to premium tikcet or go to Maejo Location to celebrate the festival, please tell us in your inquiry form and we will arrange it for you.
Day 4 1th Nov, Free exploration in Chiang Mai City
A contrast to its capital, this ancient city has a history of over 700 years, with an enchanting blend of culture, spirituality, and natural beauty to explore. Your guide will be more than happy to provide information about the city, if you need it. Enjoy!
Day 5 2th Nov, Chiang Mai Departure
Sadly, it��s the last day of your Chiang Mai trip. Relax and enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before leaving for your next destination. Asia Highlights is always happy to serve you, ensuring you have an enjoyable journey!
Asia Highlights handpicked hotels
Thailand never goes short of hotel choices yet it is not an easy task to find a nice hotel that fits your tasts, interests and budget. Here's a list of Asia Highlights' picks for great value hotels; selection is made on a balanced mixture of traditional style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
- Lanna decorated hotel.
- Located inside the Old City of Chiang Mai, walking distance from the night market
- Deluxe Room, 32sqm with pool view or gardern view.
- Yi Peng Festival Celebration Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lantern Festival at Air Sport Farm is our preferred choice. However, if you prefer the Mass Release at Mae Jo University, please let us know.
It is not recommended for children under the age of 8 to attend the event, due to potential fire hazards for kids.
- Vehicles You will have a shared-coach; our vehicles are within 5 years of usage and drivers will be polite and drive with strong regard for safety.
- Itinerary arrangements This is a totally private tour. We strongly recommend you secure your seat as soon as possible because of the limited VIP tickets. Once tickets are released, it will be sold out in just a few days.
As this is a private tour, please feel free to tell us your ideas and needs while we customizing your itninerary.
- MealsDaily breakfast at hotels and lunch for days with sightseeing are included, as with some dinners that is highlighted in the itinerary. For meals that are not included, your tour guide will provide suggestions where and what to eat.
Food in Thailand are mainly rice-based, with a lot of vegetables, fish, chicken and beef. If you need special dietary arrangements, such as Halas or Kosher foods, vegetarian, gluten intolerance, non-dairy or any food allergies, please inform your travel consultant at the time of inquiry. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Responsible travelTourism matters �C we care about the stewardship, involvement and respect of the countries we visit and how we are involved. Asia Highlights respects and supports the local communities, ensuring their well-being to sustain a good quality life for their families. With that being said, detours to so-called factories or specialty workshops are strictly prohibited. We make sure your tour guides earn enough to support their families without squeezing commissions out of you.
What our clients say about us