Asia Highlights Travel is the official partner of Chiang Mai CAD Khomloy Sky Lantern Festival (Yi Peng Festival). Based in Asia, we have helped over 10,000 worldwide clients plan trips to attend a Thailand Lantern Festival, which is one of the loveliest festivals in the world .
The premium tickets and hotel bookings are filling up quickly. Secure your seats on the tour right now!
*Single room supplement is US$265
Why Travel with Us
- Premium Festival Ticket: ONLY with Asia Highlights
- AH exclusive experience: create and release your own water lantern
- Most competitive price without a big-coach-tour feel
Experience an enchanting moment at the largest lantern release venue with a premium seat.
Have a memorable Thai full-moon-day by creating and releasing your own Thai krathong; enjoy a Loy Krathong riverside dinner.
Interact with elephants at Elephant Rescue Park, which ranks #1 on TripAdvisor for Chiang Mai.
Pilgrimage to the most sacred temple of Northern Thailand on Doi Suthep mountain.
See the festival parade and enjoy the festival celebrations with the locals.
Savor Northern Thailand's local cuisine.
Seeing Bangkok with ease
In Bangkok, our tour guide, Ying, was wonderful. She navigated all the sights with ease, gave us interesting tidbits on Thai culture and history, helped us pick the right food at all the restaurants, and was just a pleasure to be around. We had a great time, and it was so nice to not have to worry about any of the details.More
Diane Elkins, Nov 2023
Thailand -insights, no stress and amazing team
My husband and my Thailand trip was fantastic, stress-free and educational thanks to the amazing team coordinated by Albee at Asia Highlights. The whole team was incredibly accessible, responsive, sensitive to our needs and lovely to work with. End-to-end, the trip was truly remarkable and the knowledgeable and dynamic tour guides and drivers made it especially memorable!More
AndrewsFamily, Oct 2023
Informative & Thorough / Thanks Sharon!
Sharon the advisor that helped me was so thorough & informative and explained the details of the tour including questions about visas and what is included vs what is not included in the tour packages. I would recommend them to explain tour packages that would fit the schedule of your pending travels.More
Chris, Sep 2023
Easy, fast responses
I worked directly with Monica in Asia Highlights. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions quickly. Working with her made the whole process easy and we are so excited for our trip!More
Diana B, Sep 2023
Stress free Thailand
Alisa has organised our 14 day Thailand holiday for 2024 for my family & I. She has been very accommodating & super quick with all of our requests & we cannot wait for a stress free holiday! Thank you Alisa!More
Alana Mitchell, Sep 2023
Family Trip to Thailand-Cambodia
All of our guides were very nice and knowledgeable, but we have a special mention to our guide in Cambodia, Chan, he was very kind with us and it was very amusing. He went the extra mile for us. We really enjoyed our holidays!More
José Antonio Carrillo de la Pl, Sep 2023
Asia Highlights and Sharon
Asia Highlights, specifically Sharon, has been wonderfully helpful as we get ready for a 2024 excursion to Thailand. We are beyond excited, and much of that has to do with the personalized attention that we have experienced with Sharon. She has been extremely responsive, obliging, and focused as she helped us design a tailor made itinerary. All of our questions have been addressed, our needs have been met, and the path has now been set for a very exciting trip.... thanks to Sharon.More
Marcy Hoenig, Sep 2023
I was planning a trip to Thailand to…
I was planning a trip to Thailand to especially see the Lantern Festival this year for our birthdays!! It’s been on our bucket list, but we were completely lost on how to go about planning for our trip. We’ve never really booked tours before but Alisa was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, flexible and efficient in providing all the information we needed to make our decision on the best tours and tickets to purchase. Thank you so much!!More
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/64d9a5a4657e4b39f768a21e, Aug 2023
I would definitely recommend Asia…
All of our guides were wonderful (Mr. Bank - Bangkok and Ms. Kai in Phuket & Khao Sok plus antoher guide who assisted in Koh Samui). Sharon took care of tours, private drivers, flights and hotels within Thailand and our trip went off without a hitch. The hotels were great and the transportation always arrived on time and with a clean,More
Guinevere Provance, Aug 2023
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
The Itinerary in Detail
Welcome to Chiang Mai, renowned among locals as 'Rose of the North' for its beauty and charm. Hotel transfers are by your own arrangement.
After breakfast, head for Doi Suthep Mountain, where you will visit one of the most sacred temples in Northern Thailand — Wat Phra That. Continue to Wat Suan Dok, just outside the ancient city walls of Chiang Mai. Return to Chiang Mai and take a rickshaw ride through its busy streets and quiet alleys.
In late afternoon, you will be taken to the Yi Peng Festival Celebration and Sky Lantern Release venue at Chiang Mai Flower Field (Chiang Mai CAD) and enjoy Premium access to your seats.
Asia Highlights Exclusive Premium Experience
— Round-trip private transfers between your hotel and the event venue, maximizing your time during the busiest time of the lantern festival
— 2 sky lanterns for each traveler
— Buffet dinner at the 'special food zone' (enjoy Thai cuisine, soft drinks, juice, and water)
Today, you can get up late and relax in the morning.
In late afternoon, your private guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to our selected restaurant.
First, learn how to design and make a Thai floating lantern with traditional materials. Then make your own lantern or make the lantern together with your partner or loved one(s). Take a break to try some delicious northern Thai dishes while enjoying the view of a sunset over a river.
Once it is dark, release your floating lantern onto the river and don't forget to make a wish!
In the evening, your guide will lead you to see the festival parade near Tha Phae Gate. Enjoy the festival celebrations with the locals.
Situated in a pristine and picturesque valley, about 1½ hours' drive from Chiang Mai city, Elephant Rescue Park is a paradise for homeless elephants. It provides a safe, loving, and secure environment for all the elephants that go there. Take a half-day Memorable Caring Experience there. You'll learn a lot about elephants and interact with them — you can feed them, walk with them, hug them, and bathe them.
After the program, have lunch at the park. Your private guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel at around 2 p.m.
Depart Chiang Mai. Airport transfer will be on your own arrangement.
Novotel Chiangmai Nimman Journeyhub (4-star)
- English-speaking tour guide and business vehicle service
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel listed in the itinerary or similar options
- Breakfasts at hotels and listed meals in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-41-gp
*It is possible to have a private tour with the same itinerary as this one (or a bespoke version of it). Please contact us for a quote using the tour code: ah-41-gp, and let us know any customization you would like.
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure day
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation received up to 30 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 29 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 13 days before departure: 0% refund
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 9-Day Thailand Family Tour
- 10-Day Best of Thailand Tour
- 11-Day Best of Thailand and Cambodia Tour
- 12-Day Thailand Family Holiday
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Thailand Wonders Tour
- 13-Day Essence of Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 19-Day Singapore, Thailand, India and Nepal Tour
- 20-Day Siem Reap, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Bali, Phillippine and Taiwan Tour
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Thailand — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Thailand 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to Japan and Thailand
- Best & Worst Time to Visit Thailand 2024, Rainy Season? (Not when you think!)
- How Long to Spend in Thailand: Itinerary Ideas from 1-3 Weeks
- 2 Weeks in Thailand: 3 Top Itineraries for First-Timers, Couples, and Families
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Thailand-and-Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- Thailand Weather in January: Which Island/Best Places to Visit
- Thailand Weather in February: Which Island/Best Places to Visit
- Thailand Weather in March: Temperature, Places to Visit, Travel Tips
- Thailand Weather in April: Temperatures, Places to Visit, Songkran Festival
- Thailand Weather in May: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- What's the Weather Like in Thailand in June?
- Thailand Weather in July: Temperatures, Best Places to Visit
- Thailand Weather in August: Temperature and Best Places to Go
- Thailand Weather in September: Temperature, Best Places to Visit
- Thailand Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Thailand Weather in November 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Thailand Weather in December 2023: Travel Tips & Places to Go
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.