This article covers weather in June in Bali including average temperatures and rainfall. Here are travel tips on places to go and what to wear in June.
Bali Weather in June: Overview
- Averages temperature range: 24–31°C (75–88°F)
- Rainfall: 5 cm (2 inches)
- Rainy days: 6
- Sunshine hours/day: 10
- Ocean temperature: 28°C (84°F)
- Humidity: 60%
Though it is high summer and hot, the temperature is actually a little cooler than in May, but it probably will not feel like it because of the bright sun and long sunny days. June is a dry season month, averaging 10 hours of sunshine per day. The average daily maximum is 31°C (88°F), and the average nightly minimum is a comfortable 24°C (75°F). The sea is warm and comfortable for just about everyone. This is perfect beach weather, but be careful about sunburn.
Bali can expect an average of 6 days with rain in June. If it rains, it usually falls for a few hours in the later afternoon or evening. So, you could plan your activities earlier and miss the rain on such days. June is one of the windier months, so you can be thankful for the refreshing breeze.
Read more on: How to Plan a 1–2-Week First Trip to Bali
The Best Places to Visit in Bali in June
June is one of the best months for visiting Bali. It is in the dry season, when the beaches and the seas are cleaner. The bright sunshine and hot temperatures encourage people to go to the beaches, do watersports and dive. Some people like to hike and stay in the mountains where it is cooler.
The dry weather is better than the rainy season weather for walking to the tops of the volcanoes. You could also enjoy visiting Bali's islands and have adventurous outdoor activities including surfing, diving, and hiking.
Here are some of the most suitable places for you to explore and experience during a visit to Bali in June.
1. Have a Lazy Day on Kuta Beach
If you really just want to relax on a beach, Kuta is easy to reach and close to food and shopping. Kuta is easy to go to from Denpasar. It has soft golden sand, a shallow shore good for wading and floating, beach facilities, food, hotels for various budgets, and lifeguards. This wonderful big beach is in the main urban region of Bali, and so it is crowded. The 5-star Sheraton Hotel and other hotels are along the beach.
For buying needed items such as beach sandals and sunhats and for souvenirs, there is a famed street market by the beach called Kuta Art Market on Jl Kuta Art Market Street, Kuta Badung Regency. You can buy snacks and food there too.
Transportation: Kuta is 4 kilometers (2½ miles) from Denpasar Airport. A taxi ride takes about 10 minutes (about 9 USD).
Recommended tour: 12-Day Romantic Bali & Java Honeymoon — Fairy-tale experience of Bali and Java: enjoy high tea, experience water sports, dream sunrises and sunsets, …
2. Dive, Snorkel, Hike, and Relax at the Beaches of Nusa Penida
Nusa Penida is one of the top three places to dive in all of Indonesia. It is the largest offshore island in Bali, and you can see large and unusual sea creatures such as manta rays and turtles. There is a wildlife sanctuary on the island and in the sea. There are white beaches for relaxation too. It is a place to go to for adventure.
Where to stay: Most guests would probably want to stay at the simple guesthouses. You can get meals at the local warungs (Indonesian restaurants) that provide plenty of seafood and Balinese meals.
Transportation: Speedboats ferry travelers to and from Bali in about 30 or 40 minutes.
Read more on: How to Plan a Trip to Nusa Islands
3. Mount Batur for Hiking
The dry summer is the best time to hike on Bali's volcanic mountains. The weather in the mountains is appreciably cooler than along the coasts, so many people like hiking in the mountains or staying there. The top of Mount Batur, at 1,717 meters (5,633 feet) tall, is about 10°C (18°F) cooler than at sea level.
Recommended for those who want an easier climb, people hike up Mount Batur in 2 hours on average. If you stay in Ubud and want to be at the top to see the sunrise, you should depart at about 2:00 am. Some adventurous people hike up the day before and stay at the top overnight. This is fine if you have a good tent.
Transport: Mount Batur is about 75 to 95 minutes from Denpasar by private driver or taxi (45 to 55 USD) depending on the traffic and driving conditions.
4. Eat and Shop When the Sun Goes Down at Gianyar Night Market
When the hot bright sun goes down and it is cooler, you can enjoy a meal at dusk and shop at the Gianyar night market. It is one of the favorite markets for international visitors in the Ubud area. It is known for food and drink at low prices.
You can eat Balinese street food specialties and international dishes. Stalls sell fresh fruit, Indonesian pastries, and fruit dishes. A whole meal including ice tea may cost 35,000 IDR or about 2.50 USD. It is also a place tourists like to shop at. Stalls sell everything from pets, to souvenirs, to cheap electronics.
Location: The market is at Jalan Ngurah Rai in Gianyar, Bali, about 11 kilometers (7 miles) from Ubud. It closes about 10:00 pm, but it is open all day.
5. Enjoy Luxury at Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua has luxury hotels and some of the best beaches of Bali, and when the other beaches around the island are more crowded in the summer, you can retire to more privacy and enjoy the luxury resorts at Nusa Dua. Along with good beaches, you could surf or just relax. The soft white sand beaches are more suitable for children than other beaches in Bali. It is a good place for honeymoons.
Luxury resorts at Nusa Dua include the Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, and the Hilton.
See more on Best Restaurants in Nusa Dua for Fine Dining.
Transport: Road travel from Denpasar Airport takes about 13 minutes (10 to 12 USD for taxi fare).
Crowds and Costs in June
The dry season is when the crowds of tourists arrive. The number of international tourists might jump 50% or 60% in June compared to May. June is one of the high travel season months. Australians especially want to take a vacation in June during their winter season.
However, as of November 2022, the number of tourists in Bali is still lower than pre-pandemic levels. The hotels and guesthouses that were built for the travel boom. The beaches are less crowded too.
Prices rise in the summer, because it is high travel season. See more detail on: How Much Does a Bali Trip Cost? (Prices for 2023/2024)
What to Wear in June
June is one of the sunniest months with 10 hours of sunshine a day. So, to protect yourself from solar radiation, bring light, cool, and quick-drying clothing to cover your skin. Sandals and cool, breathable footwear are generally recommended.
Wear strong comfortable trainers or light hiking boots to support your feet and ankles if you go hiking around the rice terraces or on the volcanoes. Insect repellent might be required.
Monthly Weather in Bali
|Weather in January||Weather in February||Weather in March|
|Weather in April||Weather in May||Weather in June|
|Weather in July||Weather in August||Weather in September|
|Weather in October||Weather in November||Weather in December|
Holiday in Bali with Asia Highlights
With so much to explore on Bali in June, it would be much easier to have everything professionally arranged for you. With Asia Highlights, just tell us what you want to do and turn up. We do itinerary tailoring and expert arranging to make the best trip for you. Contact us to begin an inquiry with your initial questions.
Or start from one of our Bali tours or our Create My Trip link below.
- 8-Day Private Authentic Bali Discovery Tour — Exciting or relaxing activities such as rafting, yoga, massage, cycling…
- 7-Day Private Bali Natural & Cultural Immersion — Perfect for exploring Bali's nature and culture with a nice balance of adventure and relaxation.
- 12-Day Romantic Bali & Java Honeymoon — Here is a far-ranging travel experience of Bali and Java. There are high teas and gourmet native meals, water sports experiences, dreamy sunrises and sunsets, the Kecak dance…
- More Bali Tours
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day Romantic Bali & Java Honeymoon
- Private Bali Tours, Bali Private Tour Packages
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- Bali Honeymoon Trip Plan: Sample Itinerary, Romantic Experiences
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- How Long to Spend in Southeast Asia (for First Timers): from 2 Weeks to 2 Months
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- How to Plan a 2-Week Family Trip to Southeast Asia
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- 2-Week Southeast Asia Itineraries for Couples, Families, and More
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Travel to Southeast Asia in Summer 2023: Places to Go, Costs, Weather
- 5-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: 3 Options (2023/2024)
- Bali Weather in January: Temperature and Best Places to Go
- Bali Weather February: Best Places to Visit
- Bali Weather in March: Best Places to Visit and Travel Tips
- Bali Weather in April: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Bali Weather in May: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Bali Weather in July: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Bali Weather in August: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
- Bali Weather in September: Temperature and Best Places to Go
- Bali Weather in October
- Bali Weather in November: Temperature and Best Places to Go
- Bali Weather in December: Best Places to Go & Travel Tips
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.