You will discover Bangkok's highlights: Wat Pho, the Grand Palace, Wat Arun, and Chinatown. Continue to Ayutthaya for its historic splendor and explore the Maeklong Railway Market and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market to experience the local lifestyle.ah-tl-1
- Soak up the exotic charm of Thailand's capital city - Bangkok.
- Have an in-depth exploration of Ayutthaya's historic sites with a cruise back to Bangkok along the Chao Phraya River.
- Enjoy a unique experience at the Maeklong Railway Market and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.
Itinerary in Detail
Welcome to Bangkok! Your guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to adjust to the jet lag or wander around your hotel.
Start your day by visiting the grand Wat Pho, which is home to the most renowned reclining Buddha. Buddhist monks in orange robes gather there for their daily ritual - find a seat on the ground and immerse yourself in the pious chanting.
Move on to visit the iconic Grand Palace, then hop on a long-tail boat and cruise to Wat Arun to see the fascinating structure.
Savor your lunch and then spend the rest of the day wandering around the bustling Chinatown at your own pace.
Depart from Bangkok on a 1-hour drive to Ayutthaya, which served as the capital of the ancient Ayutthaya Kingdom and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The sight of various Buddha statues and massive tree roots intertwined with Buddha heads are mythical. Your knowledgeable guide will explain the history and hidden stories of Ayutthaya while leading you around the ruined temples, palaces, and ancient walls.
You will cruise back to Bangkok with an infinite imagination of Ayutthaya's illustrious glory and achievements.
Be sure to experience the Maeklong Railway Market and interesting Damnoen Saduak Floating Market during your Bangkok tour so that you don't miss out on lots of fun.
Witness how the skillful stallholders conduct their business in the Maeklong Railway Market. At first glance, you won't realize there is a railway until you see the stallholders pull back their goods and overhanging awnings from the train track when they hear the train's arrival announcement. The train will pass within inches of their stalls and then the stallholders will put their goods straight back out.
Explore the nearby Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and paddle along the canal, which is full of boats laden with products. Shouts from vendors lining the riverbank will also catch your attention. Try some fried fish, fresh fruit, and other snacks if you want.
You will be transferred back to your hotel at noon for a good rest or you can choose to spend the rest of the day as you wish.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.