This itinerary covers the must-see attractions in Chiang Mai - the iconic mountain, Doi Suthep, the amazing Doi Inthanon National Park, and an elephant experience in the jungle. We highly recommend it for couples and families with children.
Our private tour will offer you the opportunity to take a spiritual tour in the sacred Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple and appreciate the beauty of Doi Suthep without any crowds in the late afternoon, have a memorable elephant caring experience in our selected sanctuary, which ranks as the top one in TripAdvisor, take a gentle walk through the famous Ang Ka Nature Trail, and visit a local hill tribe village in Doi Inthanon National Park.
- Discover the iconic Doi Suthep after most people have left in the late afternoon.
- Have a memorable elephant caring experience in our selected sanctuary.
- Take a gentle walk along Ang Ka Nature Trail and visit a hill tribe village in Doi Inthanon National Park.
- Take in the scenery at Wachiratharn Waterfall and appreciate the spectacular King and Queen Pagodas.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon your arrival, your private tour guide and driver will greet you at the airport and then transfer you to your hotel. In the late afternoon, you will head to the iconic mountain, Doi Suthep.
Situated only a few kilometers northwest of Chiang Mai, Doi Suthep is in one of the most famous national parks in Northern Thailand. The main attractions in the park include Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, scenic waterfalls, amazing bird's-eye views, caves, and local wildlife. Despite the stunning natural beauty of Doi Suthep, the main reason many visitors go to the national park is to visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, which is one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Thailand.
Many tourists visit Doi Suthep during the day and the park can get quite crowded. However, our tour takes place in the late afternoon after most people have left so that you can have a meaningful and personal experience. At dusk, you can listen to the evening chanting of the monks as you gaze at the glittering lights of Chiang Mai below you. You can also meditate there if you wish.
Situated in a pristine and picturesque valley in Chiang Mai, about 1? hours outside of the city, Elephant Rescue Park is a paradise for rescued elephants. It provides a safe, loving, and secure environment for all the elephants that live there.
There, you can spend half a day caring for the elephants. At Elephant Rescue Park, you'll interact with the elephants, feed them, walk with them, hug them, and bathe them.
Rising 2,565 meters above sea level, Doi Inthanon National Park is often called "the roof of Thailand". It is one of the most popular national parks in Thailand and is especially famous for its large number of waterfalls, hiking trails, remote villages, and picturesque mountain farms.
This park is also a great place to go bird-watching or to take in the beautiful scenery while watching a sunrise or sunset. Because it is located at a higher elevation, the weather at Doi Inthanon National Park is cool year-round, making it the perfect place to spend some time outdoors.
During this day tour, you will have the opportunity to visit the mountain's summit where you can see green-tailed sunbirds, take a gentle walk along Ang Ka Nature Trail, visit a hill tribe village and a small Hmong market, take in the scenery at Wachiratharn Waterfall, and appreciate the spectacular King and Queen Pagodas.
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-tl-3
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.