The celebration of the Loy Krathong Festival is not as huge in Phuket compared to Chiang Mai and Bangkok, Phuket is a great place to go, where you can combine a relaxing beach holiday with the beautiful cultural experience of Loy Krathong.
Loy Krathong in Phuket will be held on the 9th of November, 2022. In 2022, Loy Krathong events and activities were allowed to be held during the COVID-19 pandemic. Let's look forward to the celebrations in 2022. Check out the top locations and events to celebrate the festival in Phuket 2022 for reference.
What is Loy Krathong?
Loy Krathong, or the Thai Light and Lantern Festival, is one of the most important and anticipated festivals celebrated in Thailand every year. During Loy Krathong, millions of people gather at waterways and lakes in Thailand to pay respect to the water goddess and apologize for any contamination of water in the past year.
The sending off of krathongs symbolizes the release of bad luck from the previous year and allows participants to make a wish for good fortune in the coming year.
Where to Celebrate Loy Krathong 2022 in Phuket
Loy Krathong is celebrated on all of Phuket’s waterways, beaches, hotels, and resorts.
Patong is traditionally one of the busiest centers of events on the island of Phuket for Loy Krathong. There might be many celebration activities along Patong Beach, such as performances, the traditional “Nang Noppamas” beauty pageant, and the renowned “Most Beautiful Krathong” contest. There might be street foods stalls and booths showcasing local entertainment for people to enjoy.
Locals typically celebrate in Saphan Hin Park and Suan Luang Park in Phuket Town. If you’re keener on a more local experience with treats and performances and don’t mind the crowds then these locations are for you.
Hotels with Celebrations
If this isn’t ideal for you perhaps a smaller scene is; most hotels will host their own celebrations for travelers using either swimming pools or helping guests launch their krathongs out to sea. Here are a few hotels for your reference:
The Vijitt Resort
- Celebration: free Krathong making activity and Thai local set menu, Krathong floating on Friendship Beach
- Contact: +6676363600 or email@example.com
JW Marriott Phuket
- Celebration: the Exotic Thai Buffet, Long Drum Parade, Krathong floating, and fire show
- Contact: +6676338000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pullman Panwa Beach Resort
- Celebration: international Seafood Buffet, DIY Krathong
- Contact: +6676602500 or email@example.com
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang
- Celebration: an exquisite Thai buffet, including a wide range of delightful dishes, cold seafood stations, and refreshing welcome drinks
- Contact: +6676625555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
- Celebration: Thai delicacies and Krathong floating in the oceanfront pool
- Contact: +6676363999 or email@example.com
Banyan Tree Phuket
- Celebration: Loy Krathong buffet dinner
- Contact: +6676372400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Celebration: Loy Krathong “Dinner Buffet” at Arcadia Garden
- Contact: +6676396433 or HKTHI.FB@hilton.com
Skyview Resort Patong Beach
- Celebration: 5-course set dinner created by the chef team just only this occasion
- Contact: +6676202777 or email@example.com
Why Travel with Asia Highlights During the Pandemic
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Your 1:1 travel consultant in Asia will take all the uncertainty out of your planning, helping you navigate any travel restrictions.
- No-risk booking: 100% refund policy! (up to 14 days before departure)
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.