Contact us USA/CA: 800-2682918
Learn how the people have conquered dark times of the Khmer Rouge; walk with a schoolar at Angkor Wat and observe the wonder from a different angle. Sample tropical fruits picked from the orchard; have your own private cooking class in Hoi An and kick back on the sundeck of a Halong Bay cruise junk. This is a journey for true explorers with real wonders.
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Handpicked Comfort||Luxury|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31|| || |
Note: We will guarantee you get the price as showed above except that there will be a price fluctuation in festival seasons (such as Khmer New Year, Vietnamese New Year, Christmas, New Year and etc).
Sua s'dei. Welcome to Cambodia. Transfer to your hotel and free at leisure.
Among all the international transport hubs, we’d recommend Bangkok or Hong Kong for your entry,as there are better airfares and it is easier to get around.
For more information regarding visa, please go to our Tour Information at the bottom of this page.
2 nights at Double Leaf Boutique Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra (Luxury)
Take a mind-provoking tour in Phnom Penh that covers the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum in the morning. After lunch, you will be taken to Killing Fields of Choeung Ek and Tuol Sleng Prison Museum. Stop at the Central Market when you are back to downtown in the afternoon.
Highlight of Today: Heart-breaking Past
The Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng Prison Museum are definitely not pleasant attractions, so be mentally prepared. The visit helps you see behind the curtains of history and understand why Cambodia is as it is.
You will be taken to where the prisoners were held, tortured and even executed. Most of them were well-educated intelligentsia elites and expelled out to urban areas, where tragically in a brutal pursue for extreme Communist ideology. It is confronting and disturbing, yet if you are keen to understand the country, it is all worthy.
Your visit at these two sites will take one hour or two, going at your own pace and tour guide will brief in a low volume of voice. Take a break if you feel overwhelmed.
Note that the content is more suitable for older children (above 10, just for your reference). If you are concerned about your children, please don't hesitate to ask for a pause or stop.
What makes it special for me?
- History unveiled: The days of Khmer Rough have far-reaching impact on today's Cambodia. Of the 14,000 who entered the S-21 prison, only seven were believed to have survived. Nothing is hidden here, you can see skulls lying around just as where they were. Much more than only a few pictures can tell, it is not a visit for everybody, only for those who are brave enough to confront a sad page of history.
- New prespective: Once you brave up, you will be rewarded of new prespectives of your own life and the world around you. You will understand why the country is still struggling and earn new respect for the locals as they have conqured tremendous loss. When you are back at home, share what you've seen and rethink about it, your view of the world will not be the same.
Take an afternoon flight to Siem Reap.
Afternoon is the perfect time to visit Bayon Temple and Ta Prohm as the shady trees set up a mysterious stage that you might have seen in the movie of Tomb Raider.
Wrap it up today with a delightful Apsara dinner show at a fine resort.
2 nights at Tara Angkor Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Shinta Mani Resort Hotel Siem Reap (Luxury)
Outside the first loop of the Angkor Wat Complex, there lies the sparkling pearl of Banteay Srei. This small temple complex is constructed by sandstone. This site is at its best in the early morning when the sun casts brightly.
Get back into the first loop and a schoolar will accompany you for a visit at Angkor Wat. Spend another hour at Angkor Thom, which used to be the palace grounds for the Angkor Kingdoms.
Highlights of Today: Angkor Wat in Depth
You will have a 2-hour walking tour at Angkor Wat with a local scholar who's dedicated to Angkorian cultures. He has worked with some local cultural academy and his rich knowledge will provide you detailed explanations for the Khmer civilization and Angkor Kingdoms.
What makes it special for me? - Away from the crowd and sun: Most tour groups put Angkor Wat as their first stop of the day and the site will be less crowded in the afternoon. Walking slowly along the veranda without jostling and noise puts on a time-travel feeling.
We suggest a group of less than 6 people for this option as to ensure a great experience.
- Only the essences: As massive as Angkor Wat is, it takes time to cover the ground entirely. Your Khmer scholar (slash tour guide for 2 hours) knows where to take you for the essences. You will learn the meanings of the bas reliefs and murals and how the Khmer civilization has impacted on modern-day Laos, Thailand, and southern Vietnam.
Take a morning flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
Most of Ho Chi Min City's attractions are within easy reach and this afternoon you will have a glance at Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office, Reunification Palace and An Dong Market.
2 nights at Millennium Boutique Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Pilgrimage Village Boutique Resort & Spa (Luxury)
Transfer to My Tho where you will take a small sampan ride along the canals. Explore vibrant lifestyles of the Mekong Delta.
Highlight of Today: Mekong Unveiled
My Tho, the bustling twon of the Mekong Delta, is 2 hours away from Ho Chi Minh City. On the way, your tour guide will brief about the life of this region. Upon arrival, hop on a sampan boat that is controled by an experienced local fisherman (or woman) who knows how to dodge away from stretching branches along the canals.
Visit some local workshops where you will learn fascinating manufactory of coconut candy, rice wine and rice papers (which you used to make spring rolls a couple of days ago). Sample some seasonal fruits that are picked right from an orchard. Talk with the garden host and learn about his philosophy of life.
What makes it special for me?
- Make the most of your time: A day trip to the Mekong Delta is possible for somebody who just wants a simple taste of local life. No need to arrange your own transportation or hire tour guide, this easy package suits to all travelers in general without making the trip too touristy.
- Exotic life in close-up: Only by taking a small boat along the canals can one explore the lifestyle for real. Withness the whole making process of some day-to-day food ingredients, such as rice paper; feast on fresh fruits at a local orchard; and get inside a real Mekong family's house.
Morning fly to Danang and transfer to Hoi An, a lovely town with delights await.
2 nights at Essence Hoi An Hotel & Spa (Handpicked Comfort) / Almanity Hoian Resort and Spa (Luxury)
Immerse yourself in the cultural ancient town of Hoi An, your tour guide will lead you to some key sites including Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Old House of Tan Ky and Chen Family Chapel.
Have some simple lunch at a local restaurant and your private tour guide will take you to Hai Scout Café, where a staff from Red Bridge Restaurant waits for you and he/she will take you for an interesting cooking session outside of the ancient town.
Transfer to Danang and take a flight to Hanoi. Check in and free at leisure.
2 nights at Hanoi Pearl Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Apricot Hotel Hanoi (Luxury)
Take the chance to know about Vietnam's history and cultures with an interesting city tour that leads you to the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, Hoa Lo Prison and most importantly its fascinating grasp of gourmet with a visit to the Old Quarter.
After 10 days of traveling, you deserve some time just for yourself. Today your private tour guide will take you to the beautiful destination of Halong Bay. Board on your cruise ship and let the journey begin. Your Halong Bay cruise will take you to Cua Van Fishing Village, Vung Vieng Fishing Village, Me Cung Caves, Virgin Cave, and Surprise Cave, as well as some small islets, such as Flight Cock Islet, Human Head Islet, and Toad Islet etc (subject to different itineraries of different boats).
1 night on Jasmine Cruise (Handpicked Comfort) / Bhaya Classic Cruise (Luxury)
The cruise will reach the shore at about 11am, after a brunch. Your private tour guide and driver rwill take you back to Hanoi.
Transfer to Hanoi Noi Bai International Airport and take your flight back home.
Note: The whole transfer between Halong Bay and Hanoi plus Hanoi downtown to the airport takes about 4 hours. You might still need to have another night in Hanoi if your flight leaves before 0700pm.
Asia Highlights chooses hotels with a balanced mixture of traditional Vietnamese style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep. Room type in bold letters are what we choose especially for you.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence of TripAdvisor, ranked 20/267.
- Near the Russian Market, swimming pool and stylish rooms.
- Deluxe Room with Balcony, 35sqm, higher floor with balcony.
- TripAdvisor's winner of Certificate of Excellence.
- Colonial style, professional services and great breakfast.
- Superior Room, 30sqm, a little terrace with garden view.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor, ranked 40/457.
- Near the Saigon River, pool and connecting rooms available.
- Premium Deluxe , 30sqm, allows family of 3, higher floor.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor, ranked 6/119.
- 10 minutes to walk to ancient town, spa, pool and quiet rooms.
- Deluxe Room Balcony, 30sqm with balcony, extra bed.
- 4.5/5 points by over 600 travelers on TripAdvisor.
- 10 minutes to walk to the Old Quarter, great service and breakfast.
- Deluxe City View Room, 35sqm, extra bed available.
- Winner of Certificate of Excellence, #11/146 on TripAdvisor.
- Cruising in less-crowded water, experienced crew and elegant deco.
- Deluxe Cabin, upper deck, 18sqm with 2sqm balcony.
Note: Your comfort counts! It's totally possible to change hotels based on your interests and budget. Just let us know your preferences and we will help you choose.