This is a private journey for slow-pace travelers with iconic sights and hidden treasures. It includes a discovery of the unbelievable Cu Chi tunnels in lively Saigon, a deep and unique exploration of the remarkable Mekong Delta, an uplifting learn of how Cambodian people conquered the darkness of the Khmer Rouge, and a thorough unveiling of the Angkor Wat mysteries with a Khmer scholar.
We can customize this trip by adding anything you're interested in and scheduling days to fit your pace. We would happily organize a unique theme or activities for birthdays, young children, anniversaries, etc.
*The price is based on a private tour for 2 people.
Here are the fantastic attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Venture into the unbelievable Cu Chi Tunnels and realize there are always more ways than difficulties.
Stay on a luxury ship and explore the remarkable Mekong Delta at a slow pace but with great depth.
Experience Cai Rang floating market at its busiest and interact with passing locals.
Attend a particular blessing ceremony performed by local monks and gain a deeper understanding of Cambodian culture.
Unveil the mystery of Angkor Wat with the knowledge of a dedicated Khmer scholar.
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
The itinerary serves as a mere example of a personalized tour, designed exclusively for you.
Your preferences will shape the authentic journey. We are fully prepared to craft an tailor-made tour that fulfills your desires.
Welcome to the lively city of Ho Chi Minh. Your private guide and driver will meet you and escort you to the hotel.
- Explore the unbelievable Cu Chi tunnels with your own eyes.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City's essential sites: Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon(outside look), Saigon Central Post Office, and War Remnants Museum.
- Taste a cup of Vietnam coffee at a famed street cafe(or fresh juice). Did you know Vietnam is the world's second-largest coffee producer?
- Be ready at your Ho Chi Minh hotel lobby at 10:00 A.M and wait for cruise shuttle service transferring to the Saigon Port.
- Settle into Mekong Princess* cruise cabin.
- Lunch will be served soon after departure.
- Enjoy crafted cocktails and the fantastic sunset.
- Taste a classy Vietnamese dinner on board.
- *The following itinerary is based on the Mekong Princess cruise and changes if you prefer another ship.
- In the morning, take xe lam (three-wheeler) and visit a coconut candy maker.
- Walk through the village and visit an orchard.
- Taste some fresh fruit and board a local boat for a trip through the narrow creek.
- Visit the Zihuang Pagoda (Chua Ong) and enjoy the welcome of unicorn dances.
- Enjoy dinner onboard.
- Onboard activity: lecture on "Vietnam's People, Culture, Colonial History."
- Board a sampan and explore the fascinating Cai Rang floating market.
- After lunch, continue the excursion to Hoa An village.
- Visit flower gardens, walk to a local house, and chat with the host.
- Continue the excursion to another village on a motor trishaw.
- Stop and visit the conical-hat-making families' places.
- Enjoy a leisurely walk in a peaceful village with rice fields and fruit trees.
- Board a sampan and visit Gieng Island.
- Visit Hong Ngu village and Hoa Hao temple.
- In the late afternoon, the ship arrives at the border area to complete exit procedures and continue up the Mekong River to Phnom Penh.
- Onboard activity: Cooking Class Demonstration with the Executive Chef.
- Take a cyclo to visit the Royal Palace, the Throne Hall, Moonlight Pavilion, and the Silver Pagoda.
- Visit the National Museum.
- Onboard activities: fruit carvings and tropical fruits demonstration; lecture on "Cambodia's Geography and Life along the Mekong River".
- Visit the Choeung Ek Genocidal Centre and Memorial Stupa.
- Explore the Tuol Sleng Memorial —the notorious detention centre known as S-21.
- Have a leisurely afternoon to relax and reflect.
- Enjoy the Apsara Show (Cambodian dancing) on board.
- Pay a visit to Angkor Ban.
- Attend a blessing ceremony by local monks.
- Visit a local family and a school, where we join the children in their classroom.
After breakfast, disembark the ship at Kampong Cham port. Then be transferred by motor-coach to your Siem Reap hotel. Hotel checks in and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
- Be met by your private tour guide at the hotel lobby at 8 A.M.
- Unveil the mystery of Angkor Wat with the Knowledge of a Khmer scholar(2 hours).
- Explore the essential parts of the Angkor Wat Complex with your local guide: Angkor Thom South Gate, Bayon Temple, the Terrace of Temple Elephants.
- Explore the unique pinkish sandstone temple—Banteay Srei and the famous jungle temple—Ta Prohm .
- Learn how APOPO Rats have saved hundreds of lives and give a big hug to the "Hero Rat".
You'll be escorted to Siem Reap Airport for your flight back home.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Exceptional experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
See the Amazing Halong Bay Seascape.
For slow pacers or families
Discover Ho Chi Ming City On a Vespa.
For couples or adventurers
Enjoy the Sunshine on Phu Quoc Beach.
For slow pacers or families
Beng Mealea Ruins Explore.
We select hotels with style and local features. Please let us know your preference, and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Ho Chi Minh's Landmark Hotel
Boutique Residence in Ho Chi Minh city
Resort for Cambodian Imperial Guests
Angelina Jolie's choice in Siem Reap
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 5-star accommodations for 12 nights
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-9
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 14-Day Myanmar and Thailand Essence Tour
- Private, Tailor-Made Tours of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam 2023
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- Southeast Asia Ports and Shore Excursions
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 15-Day Myanmar, Thailand and Bali Honeymoon
- 28-Day Grand Indochina Tour
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- Private Southeast Asia Tours 2023/2024
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Bali for Couples and Families
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- Travel to Southeast Asia in Summer 2023: Places to Go, Costs, Weather
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best Times to Visit Thailand (Insider Tips for Families and Couples)
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.