This 14-day private journey is brilliant for a family eager to spend quality time together this summer holiday. It contains a two-night cruise on Halong Bay, a walking tour through Hoi An, relaxing on Da Nang beach, learning about local life in the Mekong Delta, exploring Angkor Wat, learning how APOPO rats saved lives, and an exhilarating quad bike adventure in Siem Reap.
We can customize this trip by adding anything you're interested in and scheduling days to fit your pace. We would happily organize a unique theme or activities for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
*The price is based on a private tour for 3 adults with 1 child family.
Vietnam Cambodia Family Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the fantastic attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Explore three authentic UNESCO sites—Halong Bay, Hoi An, and Angkor Wat—in one trip.
A two-night Halong Bay cruise is a unique experience exploring and appreciating the most secluded, untouched water area hidden in the bay.
Make a traditional lantern by hand and bring it home as a gift.
Soak up the sun on the beautiful Danang beach.
Venture into the unbelievable Cu Chi Tunnels and realize there are always more ways than difficulties.
Appreciate a fantastic sunset on a quad bike.
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
The itinerary serves as a mere example of a personalized tour, designed exclusively for you.
Your preferences will shape the authentic journey. We are fully prepared to craft an tailor-made tour that fulfills your desires.
- Welcome to the exotic city of Hanoi. Your private guide and driver will meet you and escort you to the hotel.
- Discover Hanoi from its historic sites—Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh's House, Temple of Literature, and Museum of Ethnology.
- Seek present Hanoi by taking a 1-hour cyclo tour through the Old Quarter and realize that different blocks have different functions.
- Experience the rich Hanoi culture via a traditional water puppet performance in the heart of city.
- Travel to the UNESCO site of Halong Bay, and board your cruise.
- Cruise to Lan Ha Bay and enjoy the stunning seascape.
- Explore the Trung Trang Cave on the Cat Ba Island
- Swim at Tra Bau.
- Join in a cook demonstration on board.
- Have fun with squid fishing or a movie watching at night.
- Please note: The Halong Bay cruise's itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions, cruise ship policy, etc..
- Practice Tai Chi on the sundeck.
- Visit Viet Hai fishing village by cycling(Optional electric car).
- Enjoy the Ba Trai Dao ("Three Peach Islets") with scenic kayaking or some free time lying on a sandy beach.
- Join a cooking class on board.
- Have fun with squid fishing or a movie watching at night.
- Practice Tai Chi on the sundeck.
- Kayak in the Ao Ech area and experience the morning peace.
- Disembark the cruise ship, be met and escorted to Hanoi airport for a flight to Da Nang. Upon arrival at Da Nang Airport, be met by the guide and escorted to the hotel.
- Walk around the UNESCO site of Hoi An Ancient Town, and visit the Old Merchant House, the Japanese Covered Bridge, the Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation and the colorful market.
- Learn to make a Vietnam lantern with a local professional artisan and bring the lantern home as a present.
- Have a relaxing day on the lovely beach.
- Have a relaxing day on the lovely beach.
- We'll transfer you to Da Nang Airport for the charming Ho Chi Minh City flight.
- Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City, your private guide and driver will greet and transfer you to the hotel.
- Embark on a sampan excursion past houses, fish farms and countryside scenes.
- Pay a home visit on Turtle Island and interact with a local farming family.
- Explore a family-run coconut candy workshop utilizing Ben Tre's coconuts.
- Explore the unbelievable Cu Chi Tunnels with your own eyes.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City's Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
- Taste a cup of Vietnam coffee at a famed street cafe(or fresh juice). Did you know Vietnam is the world's second-largest coffee producer?
- Be escorted to the airport for the flight to Siem Reap. After your arrival, the Cambodia guide will meet and transfer you to the hotel.
- Explore the essential parts of the Angkor Wat Complex UNESCO site: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom South Gate, Bayon Temple, and the Terrace of Temple Elephants.
- Admire a traditional Apsara Dance Show with dinner.
- Explore the unique pinkish sandstone temple—Banteay Srei and the famous jungle temple—Ta Prohm .
- Learn how APOPO Rats have saved hundreds of lives and give a big hug to the "Hero Rat".
- Experience an awesome 1-hour quad bike ride to a remote village and digest the unbeatable sunset view.
- Be met by the guide and escorted to Siem Reap airport for your flight back home.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Exceptional experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Siem Reap Zipline Adventure
For family with kids
Discover Ho Chi Ming City On a Vespa
Explore the Imperial City—Hue
For history lover
Beng Mealea Ruins Explore
We select hotels with style and local features. Please let us know your preference, and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Four Season Resort in Hoi An
Resort once for imperial guests
Family-friendly resort with central located
Angelina Jolie's choice of luxury in Siem Reap
Our Service Includes:
US$ 1,775 per child
US$ 2,366 per adult
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 13 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-8
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- Private, Tailor-Made Tours of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam 2023
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Myanmar and Thailand Essence Tour
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- Southeast Asia Ports and Shore Excursions
- 14-Day Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Mini-Group Tour
- 28-Day Grand Indochina Tour
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Travel to Southeast Asia in Summer 2023: Places to Go, Costs, Weather
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Planning a Family Holiday to Southeast Asia? 20 Expert Tips for Christmas 2023
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Bali for Couples and Families
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
- Best Times to Visit Thailand (Insider Tips for Families and Couples)
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.