The 14-day journey is brilliant for a family eager to spend quality time together this summer holiday. It contains a two-night cruise on Halong Bay, a walking tour through Hoi An, relaxing on Da Nang beach, learning about local life in the Mekong Delta, exploring Angkor Wat, learning how APOPO rats saved lives, and an exhilarating quad bike adventure in Siem Reap.
We can customize this trip by adding anything you're interested in and scheduling days to fit your pace. We would happily organize a unique theme or activities for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Vietnam Cambodia Family Tour Map (Suggested Route)
Here are the fantastic attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Explore three authentic UNESCO sites—Halong Bay, Hoi An, and Angkor Wat—in one trip.
A two-night Halong Bay cruise is a unique experience exploring and appreciating the most secluded, untouched water area hidden in the bay.
Make a traditional lantern by hand and bring it home as a gift.
Soak up the sun on the beautiful Danang beach.
Venture into the unbelievable Cu Chi Tunnels and realize there are always more ways than difficulties.
Appreciate a fantastic sunset on a quad bike.
98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Sharon from Asia highlights has been…
Sharon from Asia highlights has been amazing. She offered her amazing ideas to other tours I wanted. We have planned the perfect 9 day itinerary to Thailand. She worked in my budget and was very flexible when I had to change my flights. Thank you sharon. Can’t wait for the trip.More
Heather Stern Wilensky, Apr 2023
Ms. Ning first review 4-2023
Ms. Albee Ning has been doing a great job accommodating my requests and itinerary changes. Remember the first itinerary is a rough draft and you may modify it to suit your tastes. Remember you can not do it all and see everything in 3 weeks. If the flight wasn't so long I would visit Southeast Asia more often. I will update my review in a few months. We don't leave for 9 more months. Asia Highlights is working well for me so far!More
Chiefray, Apr 2023
Perfect Trip To Thailand…
We had so much fun in Bangkok with Tanni and Tom as they kept laughing at all of our silly jokes. Paul, our guide and Chiang Mai was really thoughtful, fun and full of great information about the temples and sights. Thanks so much! Brian and MichelleMore
Scott Orchard, Mar 2023
I highly recommend Asia Highlights
I highly recommend Asia Highlights. I worked with Alisa and she is fantastic! I was planning my honeymoon trip, and I changed the destination multiple times. Each time, Alisa provided me an updated itinerary with activities that matched my interests. Whether I had a small change to an activity, a question about one of the arrangements, or a change or destination, Alisa was helpful, thoughtful, and knowledgeable, providing me with updated options in an extremely timely manner. In the end, despite the fact that I changed my mind on location multiple times, I ended up booking a 17 day trip to Thailand for this upcoming November. I am extremely excited to experience everything that Alisa planned for us. I recommend Asia Highlights to everyone and look forward to using them again on any other trips to Asia in the future. Thank you Alisa and Asia Highlights!More
Britt Rosen, Mar 2023
Three weeks encompassing Vietnam
A special shoutout to our last guide in Bangkok - Ms. Ka-Noon who spoiled us with her kindness and then got us through check in and security for our flight home in record time at that huge Bangkok airport.More
Deby, Feb 2023
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia…
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia highlights twice. And both times we've had fantastic vacations. Would not want to do it any different when we travel to Asia from now on. Sharon was fantastic. She was a wonderful agent who helped us nail down our trip and make everything go as smooth as possible.More
Todd Atwell, Feb 2023
Family Trip to Thailand
Our trip to Thailand comprised three generations of the family , ten people and an age range of 4 to 70 so a potentially difficult brief.Our itinerary over two weeks involved four locations, and a number of different trips and tours.From out arrival at an extremely busy Bangkok airport Asia Highlights were terrific.In each location we were met by a smiling , knowledgeable and professional guide who simply made everything easy and stress free for everyone.Our transportation was clean and comfortable . Transport was always ready for us at the agreed time and the drivers were excellent.There were so many highlights enjoyed by all the age groups. The floating houses , railway market and elephant sanctuary were particular favourites.We had one minor glitch with the accommodation in Phuket which was immediately dealt with by Tip. I think we would have struggled to resolve the problem by ourselves. So, thank you Asia Highlights , Cathy, Tip and tour guides Tanny, Sam and Lisa. It was a memorable holiday and we will be back.More
Roger Pyle, Feb 2023
Trip of a lifetime from Asia Highlights!
I recommend highly Asia Highlights as a travel company. Our travel consultant Albee took the time to connect with us during the planning process to make sure we were comfortable with our itinerary. When we arrived, we were met by our guide and all the details were attended to. They picked great hotels and tours. I often describe our trip as the trip of a lifetime! Would definitely use them again when we come back to AsiaMore
Nancy Parker, Feb 2023
Asia Highlights and Albee - highly recommended
Asia Highlights is very reliable agency and Albee is an amazing representative of the company. From the moment when we contacted her until our departure, the whole support we received was 6* level. She prepared our trip offer within few hours and afterwards she was extremely flexible to adjust as per our needs. In the period between the offer and the trip, Albee was always available for all our questions and supported us on the best possible way. During the trip she was again flexible to add new activities/transfers and this went on the smoothest possible way. Thank you, Albee and Asia Highlights. Definitely we will approach you again for our next Asian tripMore
AZ, Feb 2023
5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY MONICA
Monica is a very sweet young lady who speaks excellent English via email/WhatsApp, and knows the importance of excellent customer service.More
Trent, Jan 2023
We had an awesome experience with Asia Highlights
We started our trip in Bangkok, where Mr. Prassert our tour guide, met us. He was on time and the van was clean and well-maintained. Mr. Prassert was our guide for the 4 days we spent in Bangkok. He was helpful, kind, and willing to accommodate our pee and coffee breaks. The driver was safe and punctual. Next, we went to Chiang Mai.Gemma exceeded every expectation we had for our tour of Chiang Mai! She had a great attitude that made exploring the city fun and exciting, as well as an abundance of knowledge and experience. She was always spot on with figuring out logistics and coming up with unique ideas that suited our interests and schedules. Gemma was incredibly generous with her time and even walked us to security at the airport to make sure we could carry all of our luggage. That’s just one example of how far out of her way she went to make our trip easier and more enjoyable. Gemma was sincerely interested in making every minute of our trip count. We’re very grateful to have met her and feel like we have found a friend in Gemma! Our driver in Chiang Mai was also great and very accommodating to our changes in schedules.More
Lois Paskow, Dec 2022
Thailand & Cambodia 2022
Albee went above and beyond to make our trip perfect. She rearranged flights due to a mistake of mine. She made sure we were still picked up and escorted to the airport. I felt comfortable and safe with all our reps. She did an excellent job and I highly recommend her booking your next trip. Thank you, Albee.More
Karen Brooks, Dec 2022
Perfect vacation thanks to Albee we…
I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate all the efforts, attention to details and immediate responses to all questions that Albee and her team provided. The Asia Highlights team deserves more stars than the maximum allowed because of continually going above and beyond all expectations. Thanks Albee for making our vacation through south east Asia absolutely perfect!!!More
Michael Sharp, Dec 2022
2023 Chiang Mai CAD Yipeng Festival
We got early bird ticket and Bella was assisting us through whatsapp. Easy, competitive price, front row tickets. Thanks Bella, for being patient explaining everything to me. Highly recommended.More
lily hartati, Dec 2022
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep. She was responsive and knowledgeable. Buying tickets from their website was super easy and the whole process was straightforward. Highly recommended.More
Khai, Nov 2022
I was ever so grateful to have a point…
I was ever so grateful to have a point of contact while in a foreign country for the first time, alone, that helped me through the Ins and outs of getting to and from my destination. Albee was readily available which brought me much comfort and feeling of safety. If in this part of the world again, I will not hesitate to use your services..More
Omega, Nov 2022
I booked tickets to the Chiang Mai Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Nov 2022. Bella was extremely responsive and helpful!!More
Bowen, Nov 2022
It is the attention to detail and what we specifically wanted to see that made the reservation experience so exciting.More
Peter Bongiovanni, Nov 2022
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
Your preferences design the actual journey. We're ready to create a wonderful family tour for you.
- Welcome to the exotic city of Hanoi. Your private guide and driver will meet you and escort you to the hotel.
- Discover Hanoi from its historic sites—Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh's House, Temple of Literature, and Museum of Ethnology.
- Seek present Hanoi by taking a 1-hour cyclo tour through the Old Quarter and realize that different blocks have different functions.
- Experience the rich Hanoi culture via a traditional water puppet performance in the heart of city.
- Travel to the UNESCO site of Halong Bay, and board your cruise.
- Cruise to Lan Ha Bay and enjoy the stunning seascape.
- Explore the Trung Trang Cave on the Cat Ba Island
- Swim at Tra Bau.
- Join in a cook demonstration on board.
- Have fun with squid fishing or a movie watching at night.
- Please note: The Halong Bay cruise's itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions, cruise ship policy, etc..
- Practice Tai Chi on the sundeck.
- Visit Viet Hai fishing village by cycling(Optional electric car).
- Enjoy the Ba Trai Dao ("Three Peach Islets") with scenic kayaking or some free time lying on a sandy beach.
- Join a cooking class on board.
- Have fun with squid fishing or a movie watching at night.
- Practice Tai Chi on the sundeck.
- Kayak in the Ao Ech area and experience the morning peace.
- Disembark the cruise ship, be met and escorted to Hanoi airport for a flight to Da Nang. Upon arrival at Da Nang Airport, be met by the guide and escorted to the hotel.
- Walk around the UNESCO site of Hoi An Ancient Town, and visit the Old Merchant House, the Japanese Covered Bridge, the Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation and the colorful market.
- Learn to make a Vietnam lantern with a local professional artisan and bring the lantern home as a present.
- Have a relaxing day on the lovely beach.
- Have a relaxing day on the lovely beach.
- We'll transfer you to Da Nang Airport for the charming Ho Chi Minh City flight.
- Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City, your private guide and driver will greet and transfer you to the hotel.
- Embark on a sampan excursion past houses, fish farms and countryside scenes.
- Pay a home visit on Turtle Island and interact with a local farming family.
- Explore a family-run coconut candy workshop utilizing Ben Tre’s coconuts.
- Explore the unbelievable Cu Chi Tunnels with your own eyes.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City's Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
- Taste a cup of Vietnam coffee at a famed street cafe(or fresh juice). Did you know Vietnam is the world’s second-largest coffee producer?
- Be escorted to the airport for the flight to Siem Reap. After your arrival, the Cambodia guide will meet and transfer you to the hotel.
- Explore the essential parts of the Angkor Wat Complex UNESCO site: Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom South Gate, Bayon Temple, and the Terrace of Temple Elephants.
- Admire a traditional Apsara Dance Show with dinner.
- Explore the unique pinkish sandstone temple—Banteay Srei and the famous jungle temple—Ta Prohm .
- Learn how APOPO Rats have saved hundreds of lives and give a big hug to the "Hero Rat".
- Experience an awesome 1-hour quad bike ride to a remote village and digest the unbeatable sunset view.
- Be met by the guide and escorted to Siem Reap airport for your flight back home.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Exceptional experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Siem Reap Zipline Adventure
For family with kids
Discover Ho Chi Ming City On a Vespa
Explore the Imperial City—Hue
For history lover
Beng Mealea Ruins Explore
We select hotels with style and local features. Please let us know your preference, and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Four Season Resort in Hoi An
Resort once for imperial guests
Family-friendly resort with central located
Angelina Jolie's choice of luxury in Siem Reap
Our Service Includes:
US$ 1,775 per child
US$ 2,366 per adult
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 13 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-8
Start planning your tailor-made tour now. Your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 1 working day.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.