This trip is specially designed for those interested in cultural and outdoor activities. Your knowledgeable guides will lead you as you explore Laos and Vietnam's top attractions, which will give you an insight into local life and tradition.
Travel to Luang Prabang in Laos and experience up close its religious treasures and amazing wildlife by offering alms and interacting with elephants. Discover Vietnam from north to south by traveling from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City and Mekong Delta. Immerse yourself in this stunning wonderland and its rich culture and history.
- Pay your respects to Laotian Buddhist monks by offering alms and drift along the Mekong River, taking in its stunning views at dusk.
- Reawaken your body and mind in Luang Prabang by participating in elephant conservation activities.
- Indulge in the extraordinary seascape of Halong Bay and entertain yourself with various fun activities onboard
- Soak up Hoi An's rich culture and history by leisurely walking in the old quarter.
- Hop onto a cyclo (rickshaw) and catch a glimpse of life in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Sample local specialties and get a close view of Mekong Delta's fishing and farming traditions.
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your private tour guide and driver will greet you at the airport and then drive you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to explore at your leisure.
Wake up early and express your generosity by offering alms to Buddhist monks. Be a part of this sacred ceremony and witness how the orange worn by monks sets the visual tone of the city.
After having breakfast at your hotel, continue your exploration of the city by visiting a bustling morning market and the historic Royal Palace.
Move on to Wat Xient Thong, a fascinating specimen of traditional Laotian architecture. Then, drift along the Mekong River in a long tail boat and enjoy the stunning views of the town at dusk.
Compared with other elephant interaction activities in Southeast Asia, the Mandalao Elephant Experience has been hailed as amazing by wildlife and ecology lovers.
Depart from Luang Prabang to Xieng Lom and meet beautiful elephants after a quick boat ride on River Nam Khan. Make your lifelong dream come true by spending half a day feeding, bathing, and accompanying the elephants in a natural way' no chains, no riding, and no tourist gimmicks, simply be their friend and enjoy their company as you walk alongside them through scenic forests.
After this rejuvenating experience, you can return to Mandalao for a fresh meal. Relax on a veranda overlooking the river and misty mountains before your lunch.
After breakfast, you will take a flight from Luang Prabang to Hanoi. Airport transfers in both cities are included.
The first chapter of your journey in Hanoi will begin with an introduction to its fascinating history and culture. We will take you to the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, theTemple of Literature and the One Pillar Pagoda.
In the afternoon, visit the fascinating Museum of Ethnology, which houses an extensive collection of traditional costumes and artefacts from Vietnam's 54 ethnic minority groups. Enjoy a leisurely walking tour through the old quarter to experience the daily life of Hanoians.
Conclude your day by watching an entertaining water puppet performance, a uniquely northern Vietnamese art form said to have originated in the flooded rice fields of the Red River Delta.
Depart from Hanoi to the picturesque Ha Long Bay. It's time to switch to a more relaxed vacation mode.
Enjoy the spectacular views and discover the mythical Trinh Nu Cave. Treat your palate with distinctive Vietnamese cuisine and practice your cooking skills at the Master Chef 'Ha Long Bay Edition' Competition. Follow it up with more fun activities: swimming, fishing, and the various drinks available at the open bar onboard.
Lay back on the sundeck with a cup of coffee. The amber sky, emerald-colored water, and extraordinary landscapes will be a treat for your eyes. If you'd like to try some activities in the morning, kayak in the scenic Ha Long Bay or practice Tai Chi on the sundeck.
Disembark and drive to Hanoi after your brunch onboard. When you arrive at Da Nang Airport, your guide will pick you up and drive to Hoi An.
Hoi An is a city rich with culture and history. Many Chinese, Japanese, and European ships have anchored in this prosperous harbor in the past, which has had a massive influence on all aspects of life in Hoi An.
Wander through the ancient town and learn about to its illustrious past through its historic architecture: the old merchant houses, the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge and the intricate woodcarvings of the Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation. Before heading back to your hotel, pay a visit to a local market.
Your Hoi An tour comes to an end. Fly to the south of Vietnam and meet its charming capital city ' Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival, your private guide and driver will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to explore as you wish.
You will hear the story of this dynamic city from your knowledgeable guide during your visit to the iconic Central Post Office, the French-built Notre Dame Cathedral, and the historic Reunification Palace. You will also learn about the city's turbulent history by visiting the War Remnants Museum, which exhibits extensive wartime items including a F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter.
Gain insights into the Saigonese lifestyle and culture by enjoying a cup of coffee at a famed street caf' like the locals. You will also learn some simple words in the local language from your guide.
Situated in the fertile Mekong Delta, Ben Tre is one of the rice- and fruits-producing areas in Vietnam. Take a motorboat ride though narrow canals to Turtle Island, where you will gain a better understanding of how the locals earn their livelihoods while passing by stilt houses, fish farms, fruit orchards, and local shops.
Row a sampan (a wooden boat) to a village and connect with the locals, while they treat you to handmade honey tea and traditional folk songs. Savor the local specialties during lunch at My Tho and return to Ho Chi Minh City.
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 11 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-mtc-5
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- Private Southeast Asia Tours 2023/2024
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 14-Day Myanmar and Thailand Essence Tour
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 15-Day Myanmar, Thailand and Bali Honeymoon
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 11-Day Best of Thailand and Cambodia Tour
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- 5-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: 3 Options (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- Planning a Family Holiday to Southeast Asia? 20 Expert Tips for Christmas 2023
- How to Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary
- How to Plan a Trip to Singapore and Bali for Couples and Families
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Plan a Trip to Thailand and Cambodia (2023/2024)
- Travel to Southeast Asia in Summer 2023: Places to Go, Costs, Weather
- The Ultimate Guide to Spending Christmas / New Year Holidays in Southeast Asia
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- Best Times to Visit Nepal —Guide to Nepal Weather and Travel Experience
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit Bali 2023/2024 & When is the Rainy Season
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2023/2024 & the Monsoon?
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Vietnam and Cambodia 2023/2024, Best Month
- Best Times to Visit Thailand (Insider Tips for Families and Couples)
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2023/2024 for Great Weather, Low Prices
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Japan 2023/2024, Best Month
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.