This 8-day private tour is aimed at covering the essence of southern Vietnam and the cultural treasures of Cambodia.
Uncover the charm of Ho Chi Minh City and unveil the Mekong Delta's lifestyle during your stay in South Vietnam. Explore the heart and soul of Cambodia by visiting Angkor Wat and more highlights in Siem Reap.
- Hop on a local cyclo and catch a glimpse of city life in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnels, which provide a sneak peek at the underground lifestyle of the Vietnamese soldiers back in 1948.
- Experience the locals' lives in the Mekong Delta by participating in their activities and visiting Cai Rang Floating Market.
- Learn about the hidden story of Angkor Thom and marvel at the grandeur of Angkor Wat.
- Take an ox cart ride through the countryside and enjoy a sunset cocktail on Tonle Sap Lake.
Itinerary in Detail
Upon arrival, your guide and driver will greet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel.
Take the rest of the day to adjust to the jet lag or explore the city on your own.
You will discover Ho Chi Minh City's turbulent history by visiting the most historic landmarks: Notre-Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office, and Reunification Palace.
Continue your trip to visit the informative War Remnants Museum, where you will learn about the American War from the perspective of the Vietnamese. Hop on a local cyclo (a rickshaw) and catch a glimpse of city life by traveling around the bustling streets and quiet alleys.
In the afternoon, you will head to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, which reflect the hardships and resilience of the Vietnamese in history.
You will depart in the morning on a 2-hour drive to Vinh Long, which is located in the Mekong Delta. A visit to the vibrant Vinh Long Market gives you an insight into the locals' lifestyle and the Mekong Delta's bounties: river fish, rice-field rats, fruits, and vegetables.
Board a local boat and cruise to a home restaurant for lunch on An Binh Island. Experience the local lifestyle and culture during your stay in the fertile Mekong Delta by rowing through narrow water lanes.
You will be transferred to Can Tho where you will stay overnight.
Jump on a motorboat and start your adventure to Cai Rang Floating Market where dozens of boats laden with fruits, vegetables, and fish from all over the Mekong Delta will be jostling for trade. To catch the attention of buyers, the sellers tie sample products to long poles.
Return to shore for a city tour of Can Tho and visit Can Tho Museum where numerous valuable objects are exhibited. You will have an overview of the Mekong Delta's culture and learn about the peaceful coexistence of different ethnic groups in this region.
Afterward, you will be driven back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Your private transfers between hotels and airports are included in Ho Chi Minh City and Siem Reap.
Your unforgettable Vietnam tour has come to an end and the mythical Cambodia awaits you.
You will spend your day exploring the top temples of Angkor. Discover the hidden story of Angkor Thom from your knowledgeable guide, stroll among 200 carved smiling faces at Bayon Temple, discover Ta Prohm under towering trees, and walk through the extraordinary Preah Khan. The grandeur of Angkor Wat will remind you of its illustrious past.
Afterward, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Start your day by visiting Banteay Srei, also known as the Citadel of the Women, which is the jewel of Khmer art. You will be amazed by the most elaborate carvings built in red sandstone.
Head towards the Cambodia Landmine Museum where you will learn about how this life-threatening weapon has affected people's lives in the past and present.
Afterward, you'll take an ox cart ride through the countryside and see some beautiful scenery as you pass rice fields, palm trees, and small villages.
Move on to visit Tonle Sap Lake, the biggest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. Take a relaxing boat trip to Kampong Phluk. Continue your visit to a mangrove forest nearby and enjoy a sunset cocktail on the lake before returning to your hotel.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches for every guided day
- Governmental taxes
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Every step of your trip, you will be looked after by your 1:1 travel consultant based in Asia.
- No-risk booking: We refund as much as we can and adapt flexibly to unexpected changes.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.