Looking for a worry-free, relaxing, and camera-friendly vacation? Look no further than our 8-day Hokkaido summer vacation!
Get away from busy city life and immerse yourself in the serene natural beauty of North Japan. Our thoughtfully-planned itinerary would take you to some of the most mesmerizing spots in Hokkaido, where you can witness awe-inspiring landscapes and fully embrace the local customs like never before.
This is an ideal tour for first-time visitors and families. Sign up for your favorite part of the tour or simply treat the whole tour as inspiration, designing each element specially for you.
Immerse yourself in the stunning scenery of Hokkaido by taking a walk into its fields of flowers.
Discover the fascinating history behind Hokkaido's local delicacies, such as ramen, chocolate biscuits, and honey lavender ice-cream, while savoring their delicious flavors.
Experience Hokkaido's wildlife up close by visiting its top zoo, a bear park, and even taking a horse ride if you are interested.
Delve into the intriguing history and culture of Hokkaido by visiting museums and villages that provide a glimpse into the daily lives of the local people.
Be entertained by a skillful ninja performance in an authentic and scenic Edo-period setting.
Take in the stunning views of Lake Toya's panorama with a leisurely boat ride.
Take in otherworldly smoking Hell Valley in Noboribetsu and its natural wonders.
Learn about science in an interactive and engaging way at Sapporo Science Center.
Have your own guide and private vehicle during the guided trip.
Sharon has been very helpful since the…
Sharon has been very helpful since the beginning coordinating our itinerary in order to accommodate everything we want to see, it been great working with herMore
May, Jul 2023
When I first book I was scared of what…
When I first book I was scared of what to expect, but oh my God! What an amazing experience this has been, from Sharon to all the guides Shawn and Mr. Ho, such amazing people! Their work is excellentMore
Saul Velez, Jul 2023
Albee was very helpful and responsive…
Albee was very helpful and responsive in helping me make plans for their 10 day Japanese tour.More
Bhavini Patel, Jul 2023
Alisa was a perfect tour consultant
Alisa responded to my numerous questions with efficiency and accuracy. She was constantly suggesting options to make the trip more enjoyableMore
Matha Goram, Jul 2023
I highly Recommend Asia Highlights
For our first guide Jun, he was amazing. Very accommodating. Kept in good communication & kept us on time for our activities. Reached out to me the night before to confirm meet times and locations. Our driver for this time was also so kind & driver was always on time. For our second Guide , Ho. He went above and beyond. He stayed in great communication. Stayed later with us on one of the days because we were worried about riding the train back alone but wanted to visit at the shopping center a littler longer, so he stayed with us and made sure we got off on the right stop! During our time with him he took pictures of us and sent them to us! He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. He was kind and patient with our large group. He made our trip easy & memorable. The driver we had for this timeframe was also kind & always on time! We felt a bond with both guides given to us! If you want an easy going, stress free trip book with “Asia Highlights”!!!More
Jessalynn Flores, Jul 2023
Working to put together a custom trip…
Working to put together a custom trip with Alissa has been a great experienceMore
Marc, Jul 2023
Wonderful Service from Sharon!
Sharon at Asia Highlights has been a HUGE help in planning our trip to Japan later this year. From her initial contact to finalization of the plan, she has been very responsive, professional, patient, and knowledgeable. She was able to quickly propose an amazing itinerary and helped us customize it for our interests. She also made many great recommendations and gave us tips for the trip. I wasn’t familiar with Asia Highlights before I reached out, but after Sharon’s wonderful service, I have full confidence in them. I can’t wait for the trip and I hope it’s as awesome as Sharon’s service!!!More
Ali Tahir, Jul 2023
We had a wonderful time in Japan with guides Moni and Kazuko and with Jan in Singapore. Will always remember this trip!More
Happy Customer, Jun 2023
Just got to say
Just got to say, Monica was great in every way! So sweet and helpful with planning, itineraries, answering questions… would love to meet her in person! Thank you Monica!More
Teri, Jun 2023
Monica is fantastic
Monica is fantastic. She understood our needs, was very responsive and planned a perfect vacation for us. Highly recommend.More
Philip Sheldon, Jun 2023
Me and my son are traveling to Japan
Me and my son are traveling to Japan. Albee is magnificent. Extremely efficient, helpful, trustworthy. I am very happy she is helping us with my son's dreaming trip.More
Ana Letícia Urbanin, Jun 2023
A great way to plan a dream vacation
Due to circumstances, we had to delay our trip to Japan so this review is only about the process of designing the trip. Albee was always available, responsive to our goals, and competent. Based on how involved he was with our family trip, we know we will be back next year and resuming the plan he built. Really impressed with the quality and extent of resources we found through Albee and KimKim.More
KC, May 2023
Yeliz - Asia Highlights
Yeliz was extremely helpful and patient during our Japan trip planning and answered all my various questions. Really looking forward to our upcoming trip to Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto and Osaka!More
Cyndie, May 2023
Sharon’s was very patient and helpful…
Sharon’s was very patient and helpful when navigating me through the trip planning process. She helped me plan a very exciting and extravagant trip.More
Jonny Abad, May 2023
Wonderful 10 day trip in Japan!!!
Well planned trip by Alisa . Everything was well scheduled, guides and drivers were excellent!! The cars were extremely comfortable and the hotel she chose for us was beautiful!! Enjoyed planning with her she was very professional and always offered other choices.More
Lianne Stone, May 2023
11 days trip to Japan
I am planning my trip to Japan in November with Sharon's help and she has provided amazing customer service.She is very responsive and put together very quickly an incredible plan for 11 days in Japan. She provided recommendations and made changes based on our interests and budget. She also provided information about visa restrictions and the best way to get tickets for transportation services. Thanks so much Sharon, looking forward to this trip!More
LE, May 2023
Hi Cathy! I just want to thank you for making our Japan trip so much fun & memorable! We loved everything that you had scheduled for us! All the guides and drivers were great & punctual! We love Japan so much that we’re planning to go back next year to different part of Japan! We’ll definitely contact Asia Highlights for our trip again! SereneMore
Serene Storslett, May 2023
Quick, easy and detailed service
Alisa was our advisor from Asia highlights and she prepared for us a wonderful 28 day trip to Japan, taking into consideration our needs and desire not to be traveling everyday and to have a mixture of slow and busy days. We've not yet taken our trip, but very much looking forward to it Thank you Alisa for the quick response and wonderful itineraryMore
Lynette Whittle, Apr 2023
Sharon Huang did an excellent job in planningour 15 day Cherry Blossom Japan tour. Shewas available during our trip to answer our questions and readily agreed to the itinerary changes.Everything was arranged - accommodation,breakfast, guide, car, entrance fees and train tickets. The guides were knowledgeable, and managed the tour very efficiently. The drivers were punctual and very patient. We visited must see places in and near Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima. We also got to experience Japanese Tea ceremony, Sushi making, Sake tasting, shopping etc.We highly recommend Asia Highlights for your travel needs.More
Madhu, Apr 2023
I organized a trip to Japan for my
I organized a trip to Japan for my parents who don’t speak English and Alisa was so amazing helping make an itinerary for them. They needed a Spanish guide and she coordinated everything so they wouldn’t have any trouble when they got there. She was so patient changing and adjusting the itinerary to their needs and wants, it’s been a total pleasure working with her and she always responds promptly to any question I have. I definitely recommend this company and if you can ask to work with Alisa.More
Luisa, Apr 2023
Itinerary in Detail
We arrange plenty of cultural activities to help create memorable experiences along the way. We also take time to admire the nature, and enjoy great foods. Of course, all of them are adjustable according to your ideas!
Welcome to Hokkaido, a land of natural wonders and cultural treasures. We would be honored to take you there and excited to show you around Sapporo.
Upon arrival, we will pick you up from the airport and take you to visit some of the city's most beloved landmarks, including Sapporo Clock Tower, a historic building that has become a symbol of the city, lively Tanukikoji Shopping Street, where you can immerse yourself in local culture and cuisine, and Nijo Market, a seafood market that offers a unique glimpse into the daily life of the locals and their love for fresh seafood.
On day 3, we would travel to Asahikawa and visit its highlights:
- Asahiyama Zoo is Hokkaido's most popular zoo in Asahikawa, with unique and interactive exhibits. It's home to over 700 animals from 150 different species, including rare and endangered species.
- Asahikawa Ramen Village is a food theme park with eight different ramen shops and a museum that explains the history and culture of ramen.
- In the afternoon, go horse riding at Clark Horse Garden or visit Arashiyama Workshop for various activities. The area is known for attracting artists and has pottery, glass, and dyeing workshops, as well as charming cafes with shopping opportunities.
This day guarantees a colorful experience and a taste of Japan's rural culture:
- Furano is a town in Hokkaido known for its beautiful flower fields, including lavender, sunflowers, and poppies. The flower fields are in full bloom during the summer months and offer stunning views.
- Biei is a nearby town known for its Blue Pond, a natural pond with vivid blue water that is a popular photography spot. The pond gets its unique color from natural minerals in the water and is especially beautiful in the sunlight.
- In the afternoon, visit Furano Farm to try various hands-on experiences, such as making cheese, butter, and candles. If lucky, visitors could also have the chance to taste authentic lavender ice cream made with locally-grown lavender. The farm is surrounded by beautiful scenery and offers a relaxing atmosphere.
Take a day trip to experience Hokkaido's spectacular geothermal activity, and meet the local bears:
- Visit Noboribetsu Jigokudani (Hell Valley) for geysers, hot springs, and volcanic activity. You can walk along the boardwalks and see the steam rising from the ground. The area is also known for its unique smell, which comes from the sulfur in the hot springs.
- Bear Park is a nearby attraction where visitors can see bears up close and learn about their behavior and habitat. The ranch has a large outdoor area where the bears can roam freely, and visitors can watch them from observation decks.
On Day 5, we plan to immerse yourselves in the history and culture of Noboribetsu and visit a beautiful lake:
- Enter Noboribetsu Date Jidaimura for a ninja experience and traditional Edo-Period (1603–1867) Japanese culture performances, such as ninja shows and samurai sword fights. Hands-on experiences include dressing up in traditional costumes and trying your hand at archery.
- In the afternoon, visit Lake Toya and take a cruise to enjoy panoramic views of the lake and Mount Usu. Lake Toya is a caldera lake in southwestern Hokkaido, known for its beautiful scenery and hot springs.
Heading to Otaru on day 6...
- Immerse yourself in the romantic atmosphere of Otaru Canal, a beloved landmark that has been featured in many movies and TV dramas. Learn about the canal's rich history and significance to the region.
- Then visit Music Box Museum, where you can see and hear a stunning collection of music boxes from around the world.
- In the afternoon, head back to Sapporo and visit Shiroi Koibito Chocolate Factory, where you can have a hands-on experience making your own chocolate treats.
On the seventh day, we'll discover Sapporo's rich history and culture:
- Visit Hokkaido Museum and Hokkaido Historical Village to learn about the history, culture, and natural environment of Hokkaido.
- In the afternoon, visit Sapporo Science Center for fun and educational activities. The Center has various exhibits and interactive displays that allow visitors to learn about science and technology in a fun and engaging way. It has a planetarium and a 3D theater that offer immersive experiences for visitors of all ages.
As your Japan adventure draws to a close on day 8, take some time to relax or explore Sapporo on your own before your private driver takes you to the airport for your flight.
Have a safe trip and we hope you enjoyed your Hokkaido summer vacation!
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Hotel with top floor hot-spring bath in Furano
Hotel with nice forest and onsen in Noboribetsu
Our Service Includes:
- Private transport and personal English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-jp-17
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- Japan Weather in January 2024: Quiet Winter Month
- Japan Weather in February 2024, Where to Go & Costs
- Japan Weather in March 2024, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in April 2024: Best for Cherry Blossoms
- Japan Weather in May 2024, Where to Go and Costs
- Japan Weather in June 2023: Coolest Summer Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in July 2023: Best for Festivals, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in August 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in September 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in October 2023, Where to Go & Costs
- Japan Weather in November 2023: Best Autumn Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.