Embark on an unforgettable 12-day Classic Japan Tour and immerse yourself in the country's rich history and culture as well as the art of traditional craftsmanship. Experience the art of sushi-making from a local master chef, learn the traditional methods of pottery-making in Kyoto, a renowned center for ceramics, and create your own unique piece of art using the intricate techniques of Kaga Yuzen, a traditional dyeing method that dates back to the 16th century.
In addition to these hands-on experiences, you would also have the opportunity to explore Japan's iconic landmarks, such as Senso-ji in Tokyo, the Golden Pavilion in Kyoto, and the Fushimi Inari Shrine with its thousands of vermilion torii gates.
Complete your Japanese adventure with breathtaking scenery. Take in the panoramic views of Nara from Mount Wakakusa, a lush green hill that offers stunning vistas of the city and its surrounding mountains, and marvel at the traditional wooden houses of Shirakawa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site nestled in the Japanese Alps. With its blend of cultural immersion, authentic local experiences, and breathtaking sights, this 12-day Classic Japan Tour is the perfect way to discover the heart and soul of Japan.
Enjoy steaming matcha on a small island in the lake at Hamarikyu Garden.
Gain insights on the Japanese enthusiasm for food at a local home.
Meander around the beautifully preserved old town of Takayama.
Explore Shirakawa-go with its renowned 'praying hands' houses and learn about architectural details.
Enjoy the breathtaking views in Kenroku-en garden, one of the top three gardens in Japan.
Walk around Higashi Chaya District and see a variety of gold-leaf products, a specialty of Kanazawa.
Discover Japan's artistry through pottery and Kaga Yuzen dyeing workshops.
Wander through Arashiyama's bamboo groves and find tranquility at Tenryu-ji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Immerse yourself in the art of matcha-making in Uji, savoring its exquisite taste while delving into its rich history.
Delight in Nara's enchanting charm and encounter its gentle deer.
Envelop yourself in Kyoto's timeless beauty by draping yourself in a traditional kimono or yukata.
Experience the thrill of traveling on one of Japan's iconic Shinkansen bullet trains.
Alisa Liu is a star to work makes Asia Highlights even better
Alisa Liu was my contact person for Asia Highlights. She was remarkably punctual, she was thoughtful, and she handle an emergency on my end, with grace and patience. She recommended great hotels in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka Japan that put us in the center of the action. The guides she choose were personable, punctual a knowledgeable about their cities.More
Brent Zadorozny, Oct 2023
Started using Asia Highlights to plan my trip to Japan. Sharon was very helpful, giving me all the information I would need for the tour. I would definitely use Asia Highlights again, when planning another trip to Asia.More
Rachel Nelson, Oct 2023
Our airport pick-up went very smoothly. Our guide, Vivian, on the second day was very nice, very accommodating, took into account our preferences. In Osaka, our trip to the castle was a very long walk with lots of steps to climb and quite honestly wasn’t very interesting. But Dotonburi is a must-see and we enjoyed that very much.Our trip to Hiroshima was very memorable. I highly recommend it. Our guide, Etsuko, was very knowledgeable and kind. The trip to Miyajima island, on the other hand, wasn’t too memorable. Our next city, Kyoto, is a truly wonderful place to visit. All the temples we went to were very interesting and very distinctive from each other (Kinkakuji temple, Nijo castle, Sanjusangendo temple,Kiyumizo temple, Fushimi Inari shrine, Kasuga Taisha shrine, Tojaidi temple). The sake tour was a downer and wouldn’t recommend it.Our guide, Ritsuko, was a darling. She was very knowledgeable too and kind and warm and easy to talk to. Our last tour in Tokyo was a rainy day and Sue, our guide, was able to change our tour to the next day. She was so efficient and so accommodating and so kind and very knowledgeable too.More
Mrs Cristina Hidalgo Loris, Oct 2023
Very good tour of Japan
Very good tour around Japan for 10 days, including Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto. Excellent guides and experiences. Albee, the tour organiser, was always available to sort out changes to itinerary or extra requests.More
Guy Slimmon, Oct 2023
Everything is good
All of the hotels were wonderful and our guides were super friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. We had a 10 day trip that included multiple cities and lots of different sights, we squeezed in as much as we could, including a 2 day hiking trip to Mt. Fuji (our guide Sun Nan was awesome!). Our guide in Tokyo, Jennifer, was lovely and our guide for 2 days in Kyoto, Dennis, was also super great. We did a food tour in Osaka with Vivian which was nice Sallie Fujimoto-SwunMore
Ideale Tran, Oct 2023
Thank you for the wonderful experience…
Thank you for the wonderful experience we all truely enjoyed. From the beginning (making first contact with Sharon from Asia Highlights) to the end (Saying good bye to our amazing guide Lilly) the experience was top notch. Great communication while preparing the trip and excellent local knowledge of our tour guide. I can highly recommend Asia Highlights and would not hesitate to use them again for our next trip.More
Dany Gruosso, Oct 2023
Vacations in Japan
The guides Jessie and Vivian were very kind and professionals and the drivers as well. In a future vacation we will get in touch with Asia Highlights without a doubt.More
Hilda Andrade, Oct 2023
Experience with Asia Highlights
This was my first time working with a travel agent to plan an international trip and because of the seamless experience I had, I have decided to always work with an agent when booking international trips. Asia Highlights did an amazing job in ensuring we found a trip that worked well for our budget and provided us with special experiences in Japan that exceeded our expectations. From travel logistics in Japan to lodging and activities, we felt taken care of. If I had known that travel agents were this helpful, I would have worked with them in my prior travels. I definitely plan to book my next trip to Asia with this agent.More
Adie Ballantyne, Oct 2023
Jason and Cathy from Asia Highlights…
Jason and Kathy from Asia Highlights did a great job for us. They were very responsive and professional. Hotel choices and attractions made for a wonderful first time trip to Japan.More
Norman and Mary Van Zante, Sep 2023
This was one of the best experiences in…
This was one of the best experiences in Travel that I have ever had... and I have traveled extensively. The reliability of the the driver and guide, the kindness each displayed (different people in different cities same result) and the flexibility to work with my family's requests was outstanding. I now wish for this experience where ever I may travel next!More
Donna Huck, Sep 2023
First and foremost, this review is based strictly on prompt response from Asia Highlights.I was browsing Asia Highlights website on the night of September 17th 2023 and really impressed of the positive reviews. So I decided to send an e-mail for an estimate of a private tour guide in Tokyo Japan for 6 days/7 nights including hotel accommodation for my 90-year-old father and I. I provided as much information as I can what areas of interest we would like to visit. I was really expecting a 72-hour delay response from Asia Highlights given time difference in California and Japan. The following day, I received an e-mail from Kate Long. Impressive! Kate provided a very detailed suggested itinerary with great consideration for my 90-year-old father. I truly appreciated her thoughtfulness! I will definitely reach out to Asia Highlights on our next trip! Thank you Kate!More
F K, Sep 2023
Perfectly planned and organized
Albee at Asia Highlights created a diverse, fun-filled itinerary for our trip. She listened carefully to our interests and made sure that we made the best use of our time in Japan. Our local guides, drivers and vehicles were excellent. Albee was always available to answer all my questions with a lightening fast response time. A very memorable experience and I would definitely book with Asia Highlights again.More
Carol Ann Paget Brown, Sep 2023
Sharon provided great service while…
Sharon provided great service while planning and booking our Japan trip! Unfortunately, we had to cancel due to family medical reasons. Sharon was very understanding of this and helped process the cancellation and refund in a very timely manner. When we are ready to book our trip again, I will certainly be reaching out to Sharon and Asia Highlights!More
Ali Tahir, Sep 2023
I just wanted to tell you how pleased…
I just wanted to tell you how pleased we were planning and coordinating our recent Japan trip with Alisa Liu. Alisa was responsive, answered questions in a timely manner despite our 15 hour time difference, and coordinated a trip for a 6 person multi-generational tour to everyone's satisfaction. (ages7-70!)We were particularly thankful for her help as 2 typhoons bore down on Japan during our stay. She helped us rearrange train and hotel reservations, and was able to get us a refund from a hotel that would not typically offer that. I have referred other friends to her with confidence.More
Berdine Bender, Sep 2023
Not only Albee was great! Each of our guides and drivers were also a joy. Daniel was our first knowledgeable guide who spoke excellent English and was so much fun throughout the day. Jeremy was our guide for the next few days and he also was fun, flexible, and had so many interesting tidbits to share with us throughout the day. Kiko was our guide on the next leg of our journey. She had such a joyful sense of adventure and curiosity that was such a hoot. Vivian was also professional and very aware to what our needs were in the moment. Tian was incredibly flexible and when our plans literally changed when he picked us up, he showed great flexibility and took us to some really fun places at the last minute that were some of our best experiences. And finally Charlie was our last guide and he was so thoughtful and consistently anticipated our needs. By the time we realized we might need something, he would already have it taken care of. All of our guides were so thoughtful and conscious of either making sure we got time to ourselves or of being available right when we needed them. They were each fun and had their own personal flavor that they brought to the experience. We are so grateful for the consideration and flexibility that Asia Highlights showed us consistently and would highly recommend them for anyone interested in visiting Asia. Thank you so much! It was an amazing trip!More
Leah Stine, Aug 2023
Alisa is awesome!
We have been looking to go to Japan for a long time. The food, the culture, and the rich history have always intrigued us. We tried many times to set up pieces of the trip on our own, but couldn’t put together a sensible vacation. Then we found Asia Highlights and Alisa! She helped us tailor a remarkable adventure to Japan! She answered our many questions and shifted our itinerary to maximize our time in each city. I highly recommend Alisa to help you put together the trip of a lifetime. We are looking forward to our journey!More
Mark Linn, Aug 2023
Sharon has been very helpful since the…
Sharon has been very helpful since the beginning coordinating our itinerary in order to accommodate everything we want to see, it been great working with herMore
May, Jul 2023
When I first book I was scared of what…
When I first book I was scared of what to expect, but oh my God! What an amazing experience this has been, from Sharon to all the guides Shawn and Mr. Ho, such amazing people! Their work is excellentMore
Saul Velez, Jul 2023
Albee was very helpful and responsive…
Albee was very helpful and responsive in helping me make plans for their 10 day Japanese tour.More
Bhavini Patel, Jul 2023
Alisa was a perfect tour consultant
Alisa responded to my numerous questions with efficiency and accuracy. She was constantly suggesting options to make the trip more enjoyableMore
Matha Goram, Jul 2023
Itinerary in Detail
We arrange plenty of hands-on experiences to help you understand local culture.
These include learning to wrap up and roll sushi with local master; visiting a region that specializes in pottery and making a cup by yourself; visiting a Yuzen Gallery and trying out Yuzen dying; and learning how to make Japanese matcha using tea leaves.
Also, you will have plenty of opportunities to help you feel more connected with Japan.
These will include enjoying a cup of steaming matcha on a small island in a lake; visiting local markets with a colorful range of food stalls, selling fresh and prepared food; having a cup of sake at a sake brewery and learning how to judge sake on different distinct qualities; and walking around the old district with well-preserved Edo-period merchant's houses, specialty shops and tea houses.
Embark on your Tokyo adventure with a seamless and personalized private transfer from Narita or Haneda International Airport. Your dedicated driver would greet you upon arrival and whisk you away to your Tokyo hotel in comfort and style.
This stress-free service sets the stage for an unforgettably stylish Tokyo experience. We wish you a wonderfully memorable stay in the heart of Japan!
Embark on an immersive exploration of Tokyo's captivating contrasts, where medieval traditions intertwine with modern marvels. Your private vehicle and guide would seamlessly navigate the city's vibrant streets, unveiling hidden gems and iconic landmarks that define Tokyo's unique essence.
- Start your Tokyo adventure with a tranquil retreat at Hama-rikyu Gardens, a serene oasis amid the bustling city. Stroll through the meticulously manicured landscape, admiring the traditional Japanese gardens, tranquil ponds, and picturesque teahouses. Savor the tranquility of nature as you reflect on the day's unforgettable experiences.
- Pay homage to Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken at Meiji Shrine, a sacred sanctuary nestled within a lush forest. Wander through the serene paths, enveloped by the tranquil atmosphere, and ascend the stairs to the inner shrine, seeking guidance and blessings for your journey ahead.
- Experience the pulse of Tokyo's fashion scene as you stroll along the tree-lined boulevard of Omotesando. Admire the architectural marvels that house world-renowned brands and trendy boutiques, and discover the latest trends that define Tokyo's cutting-edge style.
- Step back in time at Senso-ji, Tokyo's oldest temple, dating back to the 7th century. Immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere as you wander through the bustling Nakamise-dori shopping street, lined with traditional souvenirs and delectable street food. Ascend the steep steps leading to the main hall, seeking blessings for your future endeavors.
- Soar to the summit of the world's tallest structure, Tokyo Skytree, and witness the city's breathtaking panorama unfold beneath you. Marvel at the iconic landmarks that dot the landscape, from the Imperial Palace to the Tokyo Tower, and capture unforgettable memories from this unparalleled vantage point.
Throughout this immersive day trip, your private guide would provide insightful commentary, sharing the rich history, cultural nuances, and unique stories that make Tokyo a truly extraordinary destination. Embrace the city's captivating charm and its harmonious blend of tradition and modernity, and create memories that would last a lifetime.
Venture into the heart of Tokyo's eclectic side, where pop culture icons meet culinary artistry and digital masterpieces come alive. Your private vehicle and guide would navigate the vibrant streets, unveiling hidden gems and iconic landmarks that define Tokyo's unique charm:
- Delve into the bustling world of Tsukiji Outer Market, a renowned hub for fresh seafood and culinary traditions. Witness the lively auctions and vibrant atmosphere as you explore the market's diverse offerings, from glistening tuna to exotic delicacies.
- Embark on a culinary adventure as you learn the art of making sushi under the guidance of a skilled chef. Discover the secrets behind perfect sushi rice, master the art of slicing fish, and assemble your own delectable creations. Savor the fruits of your labor and indulge in a satisfying lunch of freshly prepared sushi.
- Unleash your imagination at teamLab Borderless, a mesmerizing digital art museum that redefines the boundaries between art and technology. Wander through immersive installations where colors dance, flowers bloom, and creatures interact with your presence. Create your own digital masterpieces and experience the fusion of art, technology, and sensory engagement.
- Immerse yourself in the electrifying energy of Shibuya Crossing, the world's busiest pedestrian intersection. Witness the synchronized chaos as thousands of people converge in a mesmerizing display of urban rhythm. Capture the iconic moment from the Hachiko statue and experience the vibrant atmosphere that epitomizes Tokyo's modern pulse.
- Step into a world of vibrant colors and fantastical characters at an anime café. Immerse yourself in the captivating world of Japanese animation, surrounded by life-sized figurines and themed décor. Indulge in anime-inspired treats and beverages while enjoying the unique atmosphere.
Take your time as you explore the lively outer market, where you will see many unusual varieties of freshly caught fish, and some of the freshest sushi and seafood. Shops and stalls lining the streets and alleys sell everything from raw fish slices to fresh wasabi plants.
After immersing yourself in the vibrant energy of Tokyo, embark on a smooth journey to Takayama, the heart of Japan's traditional Hida region. Board the Nozomi train, renowned for its speed and comfort, and enjoy the scenic ride as you traverse the picturesque countryside.
Upon arrival at Nagoya Station, your private transfer would be ready to whisk you away to the charming town of Takayama. Settle into your traditional Japanese accommodation, a ryokan, and prepare to immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage that awaits.
Embark on a captivating journey through the heart of Hida culture, culminating in the enchanting city of Kanazawa. Your private guide would accompany you on a day of culinary delights, traditional craftsmanship, and historical immersion:
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Miyagawa Morning Markets, a bustling hub of local produce, traditional crafts, and culinary delights. Stroll along the rows of stalls, admiring the colorful displays of fresh fruits, vegetables, and handmade souvenirs. Engage with the friendly vendors, savoring the authentic flavors of Hida cuisine and discovering hidden treasures among the markets' treasures.
- Step into the past at Takayama Jinya, a former government office that has been meticulously preserved since the Edo period (1603–1868). Wander through the halls and chambers, imagining the bustling administrative life that once thrived within these walls. Admire the intricate architecture and artifacts on display, gaining a deeper understanding of the town's rich history.
- Embark on a sensory journey at Hida Takayama Sake Brewery, a renowned producer of the region's signature sake. Witness the traditional brewing process, from the careful selection of rice to the meticulous fermentation techniques. Sample some sake varieties, each with its unique flavor profile and characteristics, and discover the art of crafting this revered Japanese beverage.
- Venture into the enchanting village of Shirakawa, nestled amid the picturesque mountains of Gifu Prefecture. Marvel at the traditional gassho-style farmhouses, their distinctive thatched roofs forming a harmonious landscape against the backdrop of the Japanese Alps. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the village, exploring its narrow streets and time-honored customs, and gain a deeper appreciation for the preservation of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
As you conclude your journey through Hida and Kanazawa, your private guide would leave you with a treasure trove of memories, each one imbued with the rich history, cultural nuances, and unique stories that make these regions truly extraordinary. Embrace the charm of these traditional towns and cities, their harmonious blend of preservation and modernity, and cherish the experiences that would forever be etched in your heart.
Delve into the heart of Kanazawa, a city steeped in tradition and exquisite craftsmanship. Your private guide would accompany you on a captivating journey through its historic landmarks, cultural experiences, and culinary delights:
- Step back in time at Kanazawa Castle Park, the former seat of the Maeda clan, a powerful feudal family. Explore the park's reconstructed structures, including the impressive Ishikawa Gate, and immerse yourself in the rich history of this once thriving castle town.
- Wander through the enchanting Kenroku-en, a masterpiece of Japanese landscape design and one of the three most celebrated gardens in Japan. Stroll along its serene pathways, admire the meticulously manicured landscapes, and find tranquility amid the picturesque ponds and waterfalls.
- Discover the well-preserved streets of Nagamachi Samurai District, lined with traditional wooden houses that once belonged to the city's samurai class. Wander through the tranquil streets, admire the intricate architecture, and imagine the lives of the samurai who once resided there.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant art of Kaga Yuzen, a renowned dyeing technique that has been passed down through generations in Kanazawa. Under the guidance of a skilled artisan, create your own Kaga Yuzen masterpiece, selecting from an array of colors and patterns to express your unique style.
- Indulge yourself in the captivating ambiance of the Higashi Chaya District, an historic realm of geisha that maintains the enduring allure of Japan's geisha culture. Meander the slender lanes, beset with traditional wooden teahouses, allowing your imagination to whisk you back to the lively epoch of geisha entertainment.
- Step into a world of refined elegance at Shima Teahouse, a renowned establishment that has been preserving the traditions of Japanese tea ceremonies for generations. Witness the graceful movements and intricate preparations as you savor the delicate flavors of matcha tea and traditional Japanese sweets.
As you embark on this day of cultural immersion, your private guide would serve as your trusted companion, sharing insightful commentary that unveils the rich history, cultural nuances, and unique stories that make Kanazawa a truly extraordinary destination. Embrace the city's enduring traditions, its harmonious blend of art and heritage, and create memories that would forever be etched in your heart.
After immersing yourself in the rich cultural tapestry of Kanazawa, embark on a seamless journey to Kyoto, the captivating heart of Japan's ancient traditions. Board the Thunderbird train, renowned for its speed and comfort, and enjoy the scenic ride as you traverse the picturesque countryside.
Upon arrival at Kyoto Station, your private transfer would be ready to whisk you away to your hotel, where you could settle in and prepare for the cultural wonders that await you in this enchanting city.
Embark on a captivating journey through Kyoto, a city steeped in history, adorned with exquisite temples, and renowned for its vibrant culture. Your private guide would accompany you on a full-day exploration of iconic landmarks and hidden gems, uncovering the essence of Kyoto's timeless beauty.
- Commence your day with a visit to Kinkaku-ji, also known as the Golden Pavilion, a shimmering masterpiece of Japanese architecture. Let your gaze be captivated by the temple's exquisite golden exterior, reflecting the tranquil waters of the surrounding pond, and capture the iconic image that has enchanted visitors for generations.
- Step into the grandeur of Nijo Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and former residence of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of the Tokugawa Shogunate (1600–1868). Admire the intricate architecture and opulent interiors, including the renowned "nightingale floors", designed to emit a distinct sound when walked upon.
- Immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere of Nishiki Market, a culinary paradise renowned for its fresh produce, traditional sweets, and delectable street food. Wander through the rows of stalls, savor the aromas and flavors of Kyoto's cuisine, and discover hidden treasures among the market's diverse offerings.
- Visit the Arashiyama area in the afternoon and capture the picturesque beauty of Togetsu-kyo Bridge, a graceful wooden structure spanning the Katsura River. Stroll along the bridge, admiring the serene views of the Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, and experience the tranquility that has inspired poets and artists for centuries.
- Seek blessings and tranquility at Nonomiya Shrine, a sacred sanctuary dedicated to the goddess of childbirth. Ascend the stairs leading to the shrine, surrounded by a tranquil bamboo grove, and immerse yourself in the serenity of this spiritual haven.
- Wander through the enchanting Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, where towering bamboo stalks create a verdant oasis amid the city. Follow the winding paths, enveloped by the gentle rustling of the bamboo leaves, and discover the tranquility that has drawn visitors for centuries.
- Venture into the forested slopes of Mount Arashiyama, home to the mischievous Japanese macaques of Monkey Park Iwatayama. Observe the monkeys' playful antics as they roam freely through the trees and enjoy the panoramic views of Kyoto from the park's observation deck.
Your private guide would be your trusted companion throughout this day of cultural immersion, weaving tales of Kyoto's rich history, cultural nuances, and unique stories that make this city truly extraordinary. Immerse yourself in the city's enduring traditions, its harmonious blend of art and heritage, and create memories that would forever be etched in your heart.
Plunge into the heart of Osaka on a fully-guided tour that covers iconic landmarks, cultural endeavors, and a feast of local culinary delights.
- Venture into the enchanting Gion district, the heart of Kyoto's geisha culture. As dusk descends, immerse yourself in the district's vibrant nightlife, where you may catch a glimpse of geishas and maiko (apprentice geishas) as they make their way to traditional teahouses.
- Uncover the art of Japanese pottery with a hands-on pottery lesson. Under the guidance of a skilled artisan, create your own unique ceramic masterpiece, learning the traditional techniques that have been passed down through generations.
- Embrace the elegance of Japanese culture with a kimono-wearing experience. Select a beautiful kimono from a vast collection and let expert staff assist you in draping it perfectly. Capture the enchanting moment with a traditional photo shoot, creating timeless memories of your Kyoto adventure.
- Stroll along the picturesque Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka slopes, lined with traditional wooden houses and shops. Wander through the narrow lanes, admiring the preserved architecture and soaking in the charming atmosphere of Kyoto's historic district.
- Conclude your day with an unforgettable visit to Kiyomizu-dera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site perched atop Mount Otowa. Ascend the Kiyomizu-dera stage, where breathtaking panoramic views of Kyoto's cityscape unfold before you. Admire the temple's exquisite architecture, including the iconic three-story pagoda, and immerse yourself in the tranquility that has captivated pilgrims and tourists for generations.
As the sun sets over Kyoto, conclude another remarkable day of cultural immersion. Your private guide will have unveiled the city's rich history, cultural nuances, and unique stories, leaving you with a treasure trove of memories. Embrace Kyoto's enduring traditions and its harmonious blend of art and heritage, and cherish the experiences that would forever be etched in your heart.
Embark on a day of cultural exploration and scenic delights as you venture from Kyoto to Nara, with a brief stop in the charming town of Uji. Your private guide would accompany you on a journey through ancient temples, tranquil landscapes, and culinary delights, creating a memorable tapestry of experiences.
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting Fushimi Inari Shrine, renowned for its thousands of vermilion torii gates winding their way up Mount Inari. Stroll along the seemingly endless path, surrounded by the vibrant red gates, and experience the spiritual serenity that has drawn pilgrims for centuries.
- Delve into the art of matcha, the renowned green tea powder that has become synonymous with Japanese tea culture. Under the guidance of a skilled artisan, discover the traditional techniques of making matcha, from harvesting and processing the tea leaves to grinding them into fine powder. Savor the delicate flavor of matcha tea and learn about its cultural significance.
- Step into the tranquil embrace of Nara Park, home to a majestic herd of sika deer that roam freely amid ancient woodlands and serene temples. Witness the harmonious coexistence between humans and nature, and capture the iconic image of the deer bowing to visitors.
- Ascend the verdant slopes of Mount Wakakusa, offering breathtaking panoramic views of Nara Park and the surrounding city. Admire the lush greenery and the vibrant autumn foliage, and experience the tranquility that has captivated visitors for generations.
Conclude your day's adventure with a seamless transfer to Osaka, the vibrant city of lights and energy. Your private guide would ensure a smooth transition, leaving you with a treasure trove of memories from your day of cultural exploration and scenic delights.
Immerse yourself in the vibrant energy and cultural richness of Osaka, a city renowned for its delectable cuisine, captivating entertainment, and historical landmarks. Your private guide would lead you on an unforgettable journey through the city's iconic districts, from the grandeur of Osaka Castle to the neon-lit streets of Dotonbori.
- Ascend majestic Osaka Castle, a symbol of Osaka's rich history and enduring spirit. Explore the castle's impressive fortifications, admire its panoramic views of the city, and delve into fascinating stories of the samurai warriors who once called this fortress home.
- Embark on a hands-on ukiyo-e printing experience, where you would learn the traditional techniques of creating these iconic woodblock prints. Under the guidance of a skilled artisan, create your own ukiyo-e masterpiece, taking with you a tangible piece of Japanese artistic tradition.
- Step into the retro-futuristic world of Shinsekai, a district inspired by Paris and New York, characterized by its vibrant atmosphere and nostalgic charm. Ascend Tsutenkaku Tower for breathtaking views of the city, savor the flavors of local cuisine, and experience the unique blend of old and new that defines Shinsekai.
- Embark on a captivating stroll through Dotonbori, the vibrant entertainment district pulsating with neon lights, enticing aromas, and a lively atmosphere. Sample the iconic street food, witness the dazzling performances of street performers, and capture the electrifying energy that defines this iconic district.
Conclude your day's adventure with a culinary odyssey through Osaka's vibrant food scene. Savor the flavors of takoyaki, okonomiyaki, and other local delicacies, and immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of the city's countless restaurants and food stalls. As the city lights illuminate the night sky, bid farewell to Osaka, carrying with you the memories of a day filled with cultural immersion, culinary delights, and unforgettable experiences.
As your time in Japan draws to a close, let us handle your departure with the same level of care and efficiency that has characterized your entire journey. A private transport service, meticulously arranged by our team, would ensure a smooth and stress-free transfer from your hotel to the airport.
With your travel arrangements seamlessly taken care of, bid farewell to Osaka and Japan, carrying with you the cherished memories of your unique exploration of the Land of the Rising Sun.
Sayonara! We wish you a peaceful and pleasant onward or return journey.
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
Hotel in Tokyo with great location
Ryokan close to the JR station in Takayama
Hotel with excellent location in Kanazawa
Quiet hotel with fine location in Kyoto
Nice Hotel in central Osaka
Our Service Includes:
- Public transport and personal English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-33
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 7-Day Japan Cherry Blossom Tour 2024: Essential Springtime Mini-Group Tour
- 7-Day Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka Tour
- 8-Day Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka Tour
- 9-Day Japan Highlights Tour
- 10-Day Japan Cherry Blossom Spring 2024 Mini-Group Tour
- 10-Day Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka Tour
- 11-Day Traditional Japan Tour
- 12-Day Classic Japan Tour
- 12-Day Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka and Himeji Tour
- 2-Week Highlights of Japan in the Cherry Blossom Season 2024 Mini-Group Tour
- 16-Day South Korea and Japan Cultural Adventure Tour
- 16-Day Japan and China Discovery Tour
- How to Plan a Trip to China and Japan
- Plan a Japan Cherry Blossom Trip 2024, Dates and Avoid Crowds
- Plan a Family Trip to Japan 2024, Well-Selected Experiences & Itineraries
- How to Plan a Luxury Trip to Japan in 2024/2025
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Japan 2024, Cherry Blossom Time
- One Week in Japan: Top 5 Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 8-Day Japan Itineraries: 4 Ultimate Top-Theme Ideas
- 10-Day Itineraries in Japan: Top 5 Ideas in 2024
- 12 Days in Japan: 4 Best Itinerary Ideas for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Japan: Top 4 Itinerary Options
- 3 Weeks in Japan: Top 3 Itineraries for 2024
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Japan and South Korea
- Japan Weather in January 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in February 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in March 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in April 2024, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in May 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in June 2024: Coolest Summer Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in July 2024: Best for Festivals, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in August 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in September, Travel Tips (for First-Timers)
- Japan Weather in October 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Japan Weather in November 2024: Best Autumn Month, Travel Tips
- Japan Weather in December 2024: Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.