If India and Sri Lanka are close sisters in the family of South Asia, India could be the graceful elder sister and Sri Lanka could be the lovely little one. From the magnificent ancient forts to the colonial-style churches, from Hinduism to Buddhism, and from Bengal tigers to Asian elephants, this 17-day tour including India and Sri Lanka will take you to the discover the most splendid history, to experience the most colorful culture, to enjoy the most idyllic countryside, to track the most lovely animals, and to meet the most sincere smiles.
This tour is an ideal choice for families visiting India and Sri Lanka for the first time. The itinerary is customizable to align with your interests and schedule.
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Witness a wonder of the ancient world, the Taj Mahal, and feel the true love that sparked its creation.
Break away from the typical tourist routine; visit an Agra village and be touched by the lovely smiles of locals.
Catch a glimpse of the "big cats " in the wild via a jeep safari
Discover a hidden fort in the jungle on a thrilling jeep adventure
Explore Jaipur to experience the colorful culture of the 'Land of the Kings', Rajasthan.
Celebrate a milestone with a special dinner at Amber Fort.
Enjoy a boat ride on the Dutch Canal, observing local life and coastal scenery.
Skip the touristy camp. Touch an adorable baby elephant at the Elephant Transit Home.
Discover the process of creating fragrant Ceylon black tea in a renowned tea factory.
Experience the toy train of Sri Lanka to enjoy fantastic views of the tea plantations.
Explore the lovely town of Galle to discover the modern history of Sri Lanka.
Relax at Cinnimon Bentota Beach at the end, savoring the Indian Ocean breeze and fresh fruit juice.
Seeing Bangkok with ease
In Bangkok, our tour guide, Ying, was wonderful. She navigated all the sights with ease, gave us interesting tidbits on Thai culture and history, helped us pick the right food at all the restaurants, and was just a pleasure to be around. We had a great time, and it was so nice to not have to worry about any of the details.More
Diane Elkins, Nov 2023
Thailand -insights, no stress and amazing team
My husband and my Thailand trip was fantastic, stress-free and educational thanks to the amazing team coordinated by Albee at Asia Highlights. The whole team was incredibly accessible, responsive, sensitive to our needs and lovely to work with. End-to-end, the trip was truly remarkable and the knowledgeable and dynamic tour guides and drivers made it especially memorable!More
AndrewsFamily, Oct 2023
Informative & Thorough / Thanks Sharon!
Sharon the advisor that helped me was so thorough & informative and explained the details of the tour including questions about visas and what is included vs what is not included in the tour packages. I would recommend them to explain tour packages that would fit the schedule of your pending travels.More
Chris, Sep 2023
Easy, fast responses
I worked directly with Monica in Asia Highlights. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions quickly. Working with her made the whole process easy and we are so excited for our trip!More
Diana B, Sep 2023
Stress free Thailand
Alisa has organised our 14 day Thailand holiday for 2024 for my family & I. She has been very accommodating & super quick with all of our requests & we cannot wait for a stress free holiday! Thank you Alisa!More
Alana Mitchell, Sep 2023
Family Trip to Thailand-Cambodia
All of our guides were very nice and knowledgeable, but we have a special mention to our guide in Cambodia, Chan, he was very kind with us and it was very amusing. He went the extra mile for us. We really enjoyed our holidays!More
José Antonio Carrillo de la Pl, Sep 2023
Asia Highlights and Sharon
Asia Highlights, specifically Sharon, has been wonderfully helpful as we get ready for a 2024 excursion to Thailand. We are beyond excited, and much of that has to do with the personalized attention that we have experienced with Sharon. She has been extremely responsive, obliging, and focused as she helped us design a tailor made itinerary. All of our questions have been addressed, our needs have been met, and the path has now been set for a very exciting trip.... thanks to Sharon.More
Marcy Hoenig, Sep 2023
I was planning a trip to Thailand to…
I was planning a trip to Thailand to especially see the Lantern Festival this year for our birthdays!! It’s been on our bucket list, but we were completely lost on how to go about planning for our trip. We’ve never really booked tours before but Alisa was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, flexible and efficient in providing all the information we needed to make our decision on the best tours and tickets to purchase. Thank you so much!!More
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/64d9a5a4657e4b39f768a21e, Aug 2023
I would definitely recommend Asia…
All of our guides were wonderful (Mr. Bank - Bangkok and Ms. Kai in Phuket & Khao Sok plus antoher guide who assisted in Koh Samui). Sharon took care of tours, private drivers, flights and hotels within Thailand and our trip went off without a hitch. The hotels were great and the transportation always arrived on time and with a clean,More
Guinevere Provance, Aug 2023
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful India and Sri Lanka tour for you.
Welcome to India. Your guide and driver will meet you at the airport and then escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be your free time.
- Start your Delhi tour with the sacred Jama Masjid, which is the biggest mosque in India and a combination of the Islamic and Indian cultures.
- Travel around Chandni Chowk by rickshaw to get a glimpse of the local people's lifestyle in Old Delhi.
- In the afternoon, continue your visit to Qutub Minar and Humayun's tomb. Listen to stories about the splendid dynasties that were created by Indian Muslims.
- Driven to Agra, the erstwhile capital of the Mughal Empire, in the morning.
- Explore a village near Taj Mahal. Get close to the daily life of the ordinary Indian.
- Then you will visit Mehtab Bagh for a sunset view of the Taj Mahal.
- Witness the Taj Mahal in the morning. The closer you walk to this ivory-white marble mausoleum, the more moved you will be by the spectacular architecture and the true love that sparked its creation.
- Get dressed in traditional Indian attire and have a memorable picture in front of this wonder of the world.
- Visit the magnificent Agra Fort, which is located on the Yamuna River. The sunlight in the afternoon makes the red color of the sandstone fort appear to be very bright, just like the glory of the Mughal Empire.
- Dont forget to view the Taj Mahal in the distance in Khas Mahal, feeling the loneliness of Shah Jahan and his missing for his loved one.
- You will be driven from Agra to Ranthambore in the morning.
- Enjoy a private jeep ride to discover a hidden fort in the jungle. You might encounter some monkeys or other lovely animals
- Get up early for the jeep safari in Ranthambore National Park. Go back to your hotel for breakfast then spend the rest of the morning at your leisure, enjoying the various facilities available at your hotel or explore around by yourself.
- Late in the afternoon, you will have another jeep safari in the jungle.
- Drive from Ranthambore to Jaipur in the morning.
- Take a tuk tuk to a local bazaar. Experience the local people's lifestyle and also enjoy some souvenir shopping.
- Stop at the Hawa Mahal on the way back. Take some great pictures of this landmark of the 'Pink City',
- Start your 'Pink City' exploration with the charming Amber Fort. Step back in time to the great dynasty.
- Continue your visit to Jaipur's City Palace. The abundant exhibits will highlight what life was like for the maharajas of Jaipur.
- In the afternoon, Then visit the Jantar Mantar. Be impressed by the wisdom of the ancient Indians.
- Have a special dinner in Amber Fort, which will bring you into an exotic fairy tale.
Fly from Jaipur to Colombo with a layover in Bangalore. When you arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport, your English-speaking chauffeur guide will meet you in the arrivals hall. You will be driven to Negombo to check in to your hotel.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Dutch Canal to explore this coastal town. Observe local life – villagers fishing, children swimming, and women washing clothes on the riverbanks.
- Drive from Negombo to Kandy in the afternoon.
- Start the day with a visit tothe National Museum of Kandy. Appreciate some relics dating back to the British colonial era. The museum building itself used to be the residence of the royal families and its architectural features show the aesthetic values of the ancient Kandyan Kingdom.
- Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. This extensive temple complex was built to house the tooth relic of the Lord Buddha.
- Have a relaxing walk around Kandy Lake and then walk into the Royal Palace of Kandy
- Enjoy the fresh air in the Royal Botanical Gardens. The area was built when King Vickramabahu III ascended the throne in 1371. The garden is divided into different themed sections, and you will visit the Orchid House, Palm Avenue, and the Spice Garden.
- Drive from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya in the afternoon.
- Visit a tea plantation in the morning. Explore the tea making process from plucking to packaging, enjoy tea tasting sessions, and experience the breathtaking views of the surrounding plantations.
- Take a toy train ride to Ella in the afternoon. Enjoy the landscapes that change dramatically from plains to mountains laced with tea plantations, forests swaying in the breeze, and waterfalls making loud sounds, as well as seeing the lovely local people.
- Drive from Udawalawe National Park from Ella (2-hour drive).
- Have a jeep safari in the early morning. Recommended by the Lonely Planet, Udawalawe National Park is famous for Asian elephants, peacocks, crocodiles, buffalos, monkeys, and birds.
- Visit the Elephant Transit Home. Observe the elephants, particularly during designated feeding times, and learn about elephant conservation.
- Enjoy another jeep safari in the late afternoon.
- Head for Galle in the morning. Explore the old town of Galle to understand the modern history of Sri Lanka. The town itself is small and easy to get around; however, an insightful tour guide will shed an interesting light on every historical building you visit.
- Slow your pace and discover Galle Dutch Fort, the Dutch Reformed Church, Martin Wickramasinghe Folk Art Museum, and Community Tsunami Museum, walking you into the old days of Galle.
- Continue to Bentota after the tour in Galle.
Enjoy a free day in Bentota. You can arrange some water sports or swim in the nice pool of the hotel or have a relaxing walk on the beach.
Drive from Bentota to Colombo and then catch your flight home or to your next destination.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Cooking Class in Jaipur
An Extension to Yala National Park
For families and adventurers
Have a Boats Ride to See the Whales
Stay in a Jungle Hut near Yala National Park
For families and couples
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
A morden hotel in the city center of New Delhi
Heritage hotel with a great ambience in Jaipur
Hotel with a nice garden and a outdoor pool in Agra
Hotel with a lake and close to the beach in Bentota
Hotel close to the nature in Kandy
Our Service Includes:
- Private veichle with drivers and English-speaking tour guide in India.
- Private veichle with English-speaking chauffeur guide in Sri Lanka.
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 16 nights
- Flights and private transfers between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-in-88
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 7-Day India Golden Triangle Tour
- 8-Day Diwali Festival in India Golden Triangle Tour 2024
- 9-Day India Tiger Safari and Golden Triangle Tour
- 9-Day India Golden Triangle with Varanasi
- 11-Day India and Nepal Tour
- 11-Day India Holi Festival Tour 2024
- 14-Day Rajasthan Tour Package for Westerners
- 14-Day Romantic Honeymoon Trip in India
- 14-Day India, Nepal, and Bhutan Tour
- 2-Week Luxury India Tour
- 21-Day India, Nepal and Bhutan Tour
- India Itineraries 2024: from 5 Days to 1 Month
- 2 Weeks in India 2024/2025: Top 4 Itineraries
- How to Plan a Trip to India 2024/2025: 7 Easy Steps for You
- How to Plan an Awesome Family Trip to India in 2024
- Plan an Awesome Trip to India, Bhutan and Nepal (6 Tips)
- How to Plan an India and Nepal Trip 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to India for Holi 2024
- A Complete Guide to Experiencing Diwali
- How Much Does a Trip to India Cost?
- Is India Safe to Travel? Women & Kids (Tips for 2023)
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2024, Rainy Season?
- Best Times to Visit the Taj Mahal？Expert Tips in 2024
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India: Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India: a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India: Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.