Venture through the Mesmerizing Landscapes of India
This 9-day tour of India??s Golden Triangle and Ranthambore National Park is ideal for first-time visitors who want to explore the country??s most iconic monuments and traverse mesmerizing landscapes in search of unique wildlife such as the elusive Bengal tiger.
On this tour, you will witness some of India??s most impressive monuments and famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as the Agra Fort, Amber Fort, Jaipur??s City Palace, the Mehtab Bagh garden, and the stunning Taj Mahal. You will also search the jungles to try and catch a glimpse of endangered wild tigers and learn how to cook classic North Indian dishes in the home of a local chef.
- Experience India??s modern history and learn about the life of Mahatma Gandhi in Raj Ghat.
- Stand in front of the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a perfect example of an Islamic garden-tomb of paradise.
- Search for wild tigers in Ranthambore National Park and spot other animals.
- Venture through the Pink City of Jaipur to experience fascinating bazaars, opulent palaces, and impressive forts.
- Visit the home of a local chef to learn how to cook several North Indian dishes using spices and local ingredients.
- Make accommodation part of your experience by staying at an elegant Colonial-era hotel or at a decadent palace hotel.
Itinerary in Detail
This sample itinerary provides inspiration, yet your preferences design the real journey. Following our Tailor-made Guidelines to create a wonderful India holiday in your own way.
Day 1 Arrive in Delhi
When you arrive in India, you will be met by our representative in the arrivals area and then taken to your hotel in a private car. After check-in, you can spend the afternoon relaxing in your hotel to decompress from your long journey.
Day 2 Old Delhi and Delhi to Agra
breakfast and lunch
Start your day by exploring Jama Masjid, a historic and large mosque crowned with three imposing black-and-white marble domes. Then walk down the sandstone steps into the bustling streets where you will take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk market which is lined with busy shops and full of people buying and selling goods.
Learn about Mahatma Gandhi by paying a visit to the Raj Ghat, the site of Gandhi??s cremation memorial. Here you can lay wreaths in memory of India??s ??Father of the Nation??.
In the afternoon, you will leave Delhi and travel to Agra by private car (approximately 4-5 hours). When you arrive, take some time to relax at the hotel.
Day 3 Iconic Mausoleums, Gardens, Forts, and Palaces
Today, you will take a tour of this fascinating city. The day begins with an early-morning visit to the perfectly proportioned Taj Mahal which was built as a mausoleum for the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan??s favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and is the perfect image of the Islamic garden of paradise.
The construction of this world wonder took around 20,000 workers over 20 years to complete. Walk around the famous Lotus Pool and take a photograph sitting on the marble bench in front of the Taj Mahal with its mirror image reflected on the lake in the background.
Next, you will visit the Agra Fort, a red sandstone rampart situated on the west bank of the Yamuna River. This enormous complex includes many courtly buildings that range in style from the early red sandstone architecture of Akbar to the elegant white marble refinement of Shah Jahan.
In the afternoon, visit the small yet elegant garden tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, often described as a ??jewel box?? in marble. End your day in Mehtab Bagh, a garden that is an ideal place to view the sunset as it turns the white marble of the Taj Mahal into a beautiful golden orange.
Day 4 Agra to Ranthambore
breakfast and lunch
Continue your journey by heading east to the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri. Built by Emperor Akbar between 1571 and 1585, Fatehpur Sikri is a great example of the ancient architecture of the Mughal Empire and their walled cities. Your guide will lead you through the different sectors of the city where you can see the blend of Hindu and Islamic architecture. You will also have a chance to hear the stories of Akbar??s leadership and secular governance.
Drive to nearby Bharatpur Railway Station to board your train to Sawai Madhopur. The journey will take around two hours. When you arrive, our representative will meet you at the station and transfer you to your hotel in a private car.
Day 5 Jeep Safari Searching for Wild Tigers
Explore Rajasthan??s incredible Ranthambore National Park and enjoy two jeep game drives through the jungle and rugged terrain. The most famous resident of this wildlife park is the endangered Bengal tiger and it is a truly special experience to catch a glimpse of these big cats in the wild.
Apart from tigers, this park also has many other animals such as bears, leopards, jackals, elephants, striped hyenas, bison, monkeys, and several types of deer.
Jeep safaris take place early in the morning and in the late afternoon when the animals are most active. The safari vehicle is a 4-wheel drive Gypsy which is a 6-seater and is shared with other travelers. Each jeep is driven by a professional driver and guided by a naturalist.
During the safari, you will listen to the sounds of the jungle and see the beauty of the first light shining through the trees in the forest. This experience is a great way to gain a better understanding of India??s endangered animals and their important habitat. This is also a great place for photographs so bring a camera if you want to get up-close shots of the animals.
Day 6 Ranthambhore to Jaipur
breakfast and lunch
In the morning, drive to the Pink City of Jaipur (approximately 5 hours). When you arrive, take some time to enjoy your stay by relaxing in the courtyard of your heritage hotel. This hotel has a history of hundreds of years and is a beautiful structure with intricate ancient murals, high ceilings, and antique furnishings.
Day 7 Explore Ancient Palaces and Learn to Cook Classic Indian Dishes
You will start the day at the Hawa Mahal or ??Palace of Winds??. This building??s ornate pink fa?ade has become an iconic site in Jaipur and is a great place to take photos.
Afterward, continue on to visit Panna Meena Kund, one of the best-restored stepwells in Jaipur. This stepwell was once an ancient water storage tank and its intricate levels of cascading stairs make for a beautiful place to relax and take in the view.
The highlight of any visit to Jaipur is the Amber Fort. Sitting like a crown on the hilltop, the Amber Fort is famous for its architecture which is a fusion of Rajput (Hindu) and Mughal (Islamic) styles. From the Amber Fort, you can get a panoramic view of the city of Jaipur below you including Maota Lake and the historic pink old town.
After the Amber Fort, you will then visit the home of a Jaipuri local where you will learn to cook classic Indian dishes. First, you will be greeted by the host who will start the class with an introduction to the spices and ingredients that you will use to create your meal. Then they will teach you step-by-step how to cook several North Indian dishes. After you are done cooking, share the meal you have made with the host and engage in the lively conversation.
Day 8 Jaipur to Delhi and New Delhi
breakfast and lunch
Enjoy a leisurely morning at your hotel before driving back to Delhi (approximately 5 hours) by private car.
In the afternoon, visit Qutub Minar, India??s tallest single tower. Then head across town to Lutyens??s New Delhi to see the Colonial-era buildings framing Victory Square including the iconic India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan, the official residence of the President of India.
Day 9 Return to Delhi and Departure
A private car will take you to the Indira Gandhi International Airport to catch your flight home.
Asia Highlights Handpicked Hotels
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
We recommend experiencing some hotels with local traditions or features. For example, the palace hotels, heritage hotels, or nice resorts are recommended in India.
- Good location in the city center
- A nice garden view and a very warm service.
- Great architecture combining Indian and Islamic styles.
- About the Tiger Safari Tigers can occasionally be seen in the daytime, particularly from November to April. The area provides a good habitat for sambar deer and there are also a few leopards, nilgai, sloth bears, jackals, crocodiles, the occasional rare caracal, and a rich variety of birds.
- About the Meals Many hotels offer buffets with a variety of cuisines from Indian to Italian and Asian. People who are looking to taste authentic local cuisine can try the restaurants specializing in barbecued tandoori kebabs and Indian naan bread. We also recommend trying out one of the many great restaurants that serve modern Indian fusion food. Let us know your food preferences and we??ll take care of the rest. Make sure to inform us of any allergies or dietary requirements in advance
- About the Car Transfers Between Cities We will arrange private car transfers from Delhi to Agra and from Agra to Jaipur. Your guide will not be with you during the transfers. You will have different guides in different cities. Your driver will be able to speak basic English so there will be no problems with basic conversation during the transfers.