Normally, people focus their first India tour in North India. Besides the Golden Triangle, which will impress you with India's ancient history, Amritsar in the North-West Frontier and Shimla in the mountainous area of Himachal will give you a taste of this country's modern history.
Suggested Route for a North-West Frontier Tour
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Discover Old Delhi in Chandni Chowk during a rickshaw ride.
Admire one of the wonders of the ancient world, the Taj Mahal.
Immerse yourself in the stories of the maharajas in the 'Pink City', Jaipur.
Explore the North-West Frontier of India in Amritsar.
Discover the past of British India in a little town among the mountains of Himachal.
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Itinerary in Detail
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful India tour for you.
Welcome to India. Meet our representative in the arrival hall of the airport and then he will escort you to your hotel and help you checking in.
- Visit the magnificent Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that showcases the splendor of Mughal architecture.
- Explore Chandni Chowk and soak in the vibrant colors, tantalizing aromas, and vibrant energy of this historical market, which was once considered the largest in India.
- Head to Qutub Minar, a soaring tower that stands as a remarkable example of Indo-Islamic architecture.
- Admire the grandeur of Humayun's Tomb, surrounded by beautiful gardens and reflecting the architectural brilliance of the Mughal era.
- Embark on a drive to Agra Fort, also known as the Red Fort. This impressive fortress showcases stunning architecture and is made primarily of red sandstone. Agra Fort offers a majestic view and serves as a testament to the grandeur of the Mughal era.
- Visit Mehtab Bagh to witness a mesmerizing sunset view of the Taj Mahal. It is a beautifully laid garden that offers an idyllic location to savor the enchanting view as the sun sets behind the iconic monument.
- Take steps closer to the Taj Mahal, prepare to be captivated by its sheer beauty and elegance. The delicate carvings, intricate details, and symmetrical design come together to create a masterpiece that leaves visitors in awe. The ivory-white marble reflects the morning sunlight, enveloping the entire structure in a gentle and ethereal glow.
- Continue your exploration with a visit to Itmad-ud-Daula, often referred to as the "baby Taj Mahal." This stunning mausoleum offers a tranquil and intimate setting that is filled with intricate beauty.
- Begin your exploration of Jaipur, the "Pink City," with a visit to the enchanting Amber Fort. Step into the grandeur of this majestic fortress and marvel at the elegant pillars that line its corridors. As you walk through its halls, let the beautiful colors and intricate patterns on the walls transport you back in time.
- In the afternoon, head to Jaipur's City Palace, a sprawling complex that offers a glimpse into the opulent lifestyle of the maharajas of Jaipur.
- Explore and absorb the magnificence of Jantar Mantar, appreciate the contributions and intellect of those who dedicated themselves to unraveling the mysteries of the universe in centuries past.
- Venture to the less touristy Nahargarh Fort to enjoy a magnificent view of Jaipur. Explore the various rooms of Nahargarh Fort, including the living quarters, bedrooms, and cloakrooms used by the maharajas and their wives. The beautiful colors adorning the walls are truly impressive, especially considering they were derived from natural resources.
- Reture from Nahargarh Fort, be sure to take a moment to appreciate the splendid view of the water palace in the distance.
- Drive to the airport for your flight to Amritsar, your next destination.
- Step inside Harmandir Sahib, the most exquisite Sikh temple. The architecture of Harmandir Sahib combines the serene Islamic style with vibrant Hindu elements, creating a magnificent fusion. Admire the intricate decorations and exquisite craftsmanship that adorns the temple.
- Take a walk to Jallianwala Bagh. This historical site is where the infamous Amritsar massacre occurred.
- Witness the fascinating "lowering of the flags" ceremony at the border. This unique event showcases the Border Security Force of India and the Pakistan Rangers engaging in a ceremonial display of strength and patriotism.
You will take an express train from Amritsar to Chandigarh and then have a private transfer to Shimla. On the way from Chandigarh to Shimla, you will stop at the Pinjore Garden for a relaxing walk.
- Enter the Jakhu Temple, the most renowned temple in Shimla. Situated atop a mountain, this temple is dedicated to the Hindu monkey god, Hanuman. Take a moment to appreciate the intricate artwork and craftsmanship displayed on the wall, illustrating scenes from Hindu mythology.
- Take a stroll along Mall Road in Shimla to immerse yourself in the Victorian charm and relive the history of when Shimla served as the summer capital of British India.
- Visit Christ Church, Scandal Point, Gaiety Theatre, and the Town Hall. Appreciate the colonial architectures and the historical significances they carry as parts of Shimla's heritage.
Leave Shimla after breakfast and take a toy train ride to Kandaghat. During the 2-hour train ride, you will enjoy the pretty scenery in the mountains of Himachal. When you arrive in Kandaghat, you will be transferred to Chandigarh Airport to catch your flight back to Delhi.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Moonlights Tour of Taj Mahal
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 9 nights
- Flights and trains between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-in-80
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Royal Rajasthan and Camel Festival Tour
- 14-Day India Tour: Ideal for Western Families
- 11-Day India Holi Festival Tour 2024
- 9-Day Classic South India Tour
- North India Tours, Best Private North India Tours
- 11-Day India and Nepal Tour
- 14-Day Rajasthan Tour Package for Westners
- 7-Day India Golden Triangle Tour
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India : Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India : a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India : Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.