Although Indian cuisine is not as famous as the top three world-renown cuisines, it has become more and more popular because of its rich flavors and the diverse vegetables in it. If you are planning your first trip to India and would like to have an authentic food adventure as well as visiting the must-see attractions, this 9-day India highlights and food tour will be your best choice.
In this tour, you will have rich food experiences, which include enjoying a special dinner in a fine restaurant, having a cooking class in a local person's home, and sampling some fresh street food.
Suggested Route for an Indian Highlights and Food Tour
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Explore the Chandni Chowk by a rickshaw to discover ordinary people's life.
Admire the unbelievable ancient wonder, the Taj Mahal.
Explore the lovely 'Pink City', Jaipur, and enjoy a memorable dinner in the romantic Amber Fort.
Meet and interact with locals to learn about the Indian culture and food.
Witness an incredible ceremony and sample the fresh street food in Varanasi.
Seeing Bangkok with ease
In Bangkok, our tour guide, Ying, was wonderful. She navigated all the sights with ease, gave us interesting tidbits on Thai culture and history, helped us pick the right food at all the restaurants, and was just a pleasure to be around. We had a great time, and it was so nice to not have to worry about any of the details.More
Diane Elkins, Nov 2023
Thailand -insights, no stress and amazing team
My husband and my Thailand trip was fantastic, stress-free and educational thanks to the amazing team coordinated by Albee at Asia Highlights. The whole team was incredibly accessible, responsive, sensitive to our needs and lovely to work with. End-to-end, the trip was truly remarkable and the knowledgeable and dynamic tour guides and drivers made it especially memorable!More
AndrewsFamily, Oct 2023
Informative & Thorough / Thanks Sharon!
Sharon the advisor that helped me was so thorough & informative and explained the details of the tour including questions about visas and what is included vs what is not included in the tour packages. I would recommend them to explain tour packages that would fit the schedule of your pending travels.More
Chris, Sep 2023
Easy, fast responses
I worked directly with Monica in Asia Highlights. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions quickly. Working with her made the whole process easy and we are so excited for our trip!More
Diana B, Sep 2023
Stress free Thailand
Alisa has organised our 14 day Thailand holiday for 2024 for my family & I. She has been very accommodating & super quick with all of our requests & we cannot wait for a stress free holiday! Thank you Alisa!More
Alana Mitchell, Sep 2023
Family Trip to Thailand-Cambodia
All of our guides were very nice and knowledgeable, but we have a special mention to our guide in Cambodia, Chan, he was very kind with us and it was very amusing. He went the extra mile for us. We really enjoyed our holidays!More
José Antonio Carrillo de la Pl, Sep 2023
Asia Highlights and Sharon
Asia Highlights, specifically Sharon, has been wonderfully helpful as we get ready for a 2024 excursion to Thailand. We are beyond excited, and much of that has to do with the personalized attention that we have experienced with Sharon. She has been extremely responsive, obliging, and focused as she helped us design a tailor made itinerary. All of our questions have been addressed, our needs have been met, and the path has now been set for a very exciting trip.... thanks to Sharon.More
Marcy Hoenig, Sep 2023
I was planning a trip to Thailand to…
I was planning a trip to Thailand to especially see the Lantern Festival this year for our birthdays!! It’s been on our bucket list, but we were completely lost on how to go about planning for our trip. We’ve never really booked tours before but Alisa was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, flexible and efficient in providing all the information we needed to make our decision on the best tours and tickets to purchase. Thank you so much!!More
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/64d9a5a4657e4b39f768a21e, Aug 2023
I would definitely recommend Asia…
All of our guides were wonderful (Mr. Bank - Bangkok and Ms. Kai in Phuket & Khao Sok plus antoher guide who assisted in Koh Samui). Sharon took care of tours, private drivers, flights and hotels within Thailand and our trip went off without a hitch. The hotels were great and the transportation always arrived on time and with a clean,More
Guinevere Provance, Aug 2023
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Itinerary in Detail
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful India tour for you.
Welcome to Delhi. Your guide and driver will meet you in the arrivals hall and take you to your hotel. Enjoy your free time for the rest of the day.
- Visit to the revered Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India. Admire the amalgamation of Islamic and Indian architectural styles.
- Hop on a rickshaw and venture into the bustling Chandni Chowk market in Old Delhi. This lively market provides a fascinating insight into the daily lives of local people.
- Uncover traditional Indian components, spices, and cooking techniques with the guidance of an experienced local guide, who is also a Chef.
- Experience the warmth and hospitality of a local family as you are invited into their home. Indulge in a home-cooked meal, prepared with love and care, and savor the authentic flavors of Delhi.
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the morning.
- Enjoy an afternoon tea with the view of Taj Mahal at a rooftop cafe.
- Then, visit Mehtab Bagh, also known as the Moonlight Garden, in the late afternoon. Located behind the Taj Mahal, the garden is situated on the opposite bank of the Yamuna River. As you stand amidst the peaceful surroundings, witness the magical sight of the Taj Mahal as the sun begins to set.
- In the early morning, witness the epitome of architectural excellence as you visit the incomparable Taj Mahal. As you approach this ivory-white marble marvel, you will be overwhelmed by its stunning beauty.
- Your next stop is Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, known as the 'Baby Taj.' This impressive white marble tomb features colorful mosaics and intricate stone inlays, resembling a smaller version of the Taj Mahal.
- In the afternoon, you will visit Agra Fort, a magnificent fortress built during the 16th century. Bask in the sunlight that casts a vibrant glow upon the red sandstone, reflecting the glory of the bygone Mughal Empire.
- Bid farewell to Agra and embark on a scenic car journey towards the vibrant city of Jaipur, also known as the 'Pink City.'
- Make a stop at a village near Jaipur to marvel at the remarkable Chand Baori stepwell. As you gaze at its intricate design, you may wonder why Indians have a knack for making wells so romantic and intriguing. Be prepared for its mesmerizing sight, as it boasts an impressive 3,500 steps.
- Enjoy a delectable dinner at Amber Fort in an elegant dining room while being serenaded by live Indian music. As darkness falls, the fort transforms into a picturesque setting, as if pulled straight from a fairy tale. Stand on the fort's balcony and look down to witness a mesmerizing sight.
- Explore the majestic Amber Fort. The intricate patterns and vibrant colors on the walls, along with the shimmering mirrors in Sheesh Mahal, transport you back in time to the era of the great dynasty.
- Continue your journey to Jaipur's City Palace. This magnificent palace provides a glimpse into the lives of the Maharajas of Jaipur. The beautiful courtyard and the abundance of exhibits showcase the richness and sophistication of the royal lifestyle.
- Make a quick stop for a photo opportunity at the famous Hawa Mahal, or the Palace of Winds. Capture the intricate lattice work and the subtle hues of this stunning palace.
- Indulge in a cooking class at Ikaki Niwas and immerse yourself in the art of Indian cuisine. Learn the art of using various Indian spices and try your hand at cooking like the locals do. Enjoy the dinner you've prepared, savoring the flavors and aromas that define Indian cuisine.
- In the morning, board a flight from Jaipur to Varanasi.
- Embark on a serene boat ride along the Ganges River. Observe pilgrims engaging in sacred rituals, washing their bodies in the holy river, and offering prayers to cleanse their souls. This glimpse into the riverside activities provides a deep insight into the spiritual beliefs and practices of the locals.
- Make your way to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, also known as the Golden Temple, to witness the highly choreographed Ganga Aarti ceremony. The synchronized movements, devotion, and spiritual energy of the participants make this ceremony a truly captivating experience.
- Enjoy a boat ride at sunrise along the Ganges River bathed in the gentle morning light. Witness the daily activities that unfold along the riverbanks, showcasing the interdependence of the community.
- Embark on a culinary adventure through the bustling streets of Varanasi's old city. Indulge in the diverse range of local specialties, from savory chaats and crispy samosas to piping hot jalebis and refreshing lassis. This street food hunt will offer you a glimpse into the culinary heritage.
- Head to Sarnath, a sacred place for Buddhism. This serene location holds great significance as the place where Buddha, after attaining enlightenment in 528 BC, preached the first sermon to his five disciples. Afterward, explore the Archaeological Museum, where an impressive collection of Buddhist artifacts awaits.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
Enjoy a Memorable Sunset at the Nahargarh Fort
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Moonlights Tour of Taj Mahal
We have selected hotels with different styles and for different budgets. Let us know your preferences and we will help you find the right one.
We recommend to experience palace hotels, heritage hotels, or nice resorts in order to get the high-quality service and to your experience.
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 8 nights
- Flights between cities mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-in-82
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 7-Day India Golden Triangle Tour
- 8-Day Diwali Festival in India Golden Triangle Tour 2024
- 9-Day India Tiger Safari and Golden Triangle Tour
- 9-Day India Golden Triangle with Varanasi
- 11-Day India and Nepal Tour
- 11-Day India Holi Festival Tour 2024
- 14-Day Rajasthan Tour Package for Westerners
- 14-Day Romantic Honeymoon Trip in India
- 14-Day India, Nepal, and Bhutan Tour
- 2-Week Luxury India Tour
- 21-Day India, Nepal and Bhutan Tour
- India Itineraries 2024: from 5 Days to 1 Month
- 2 Weeks in India 2024/2025: Top 4 Itineraries
- How to Plan a Trip to India 2024/2025: 7 Easy Steps for You
- How to Plan an Awesome Family Trip to India in 2024
- Plan an Awesome Trip to India, Bhutan and Nepal (6 Tips)
- How to Plan an India and Nepal Trip 2024/2025
- How to Plan a Trip to India for Holi 2024
- A Complete Guide to Experiencing Diwali
- How Much Does a Trip to India Cost?
- Is India Safe to Travel? Women & Kids (Tips for 2023)
- Best (and Worst) Times to Visit India 2024, Rainy Season?
- Best Times to Visit the Taj Mahal？Expert Tips in 2024
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India: Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India: a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India: Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.