It couldn’t be better if the schedule of your first visit to India matches the dates of the Holi festival (8 March 2023). March is a great time for an India tour because of its dry weather and comfortable temperatures. The celebration of Holi will definitely enrich your experience of this incredible country.
This 11-day India tour combines must-do festival celebration experiences with the must-sees for first-timers. You will explore the golden triangle (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur) and experience the interesting and authentic Holi stick “beatings” and colorful powder “fights” with local people in Varanasi. It is also possible to customize an itinerary according to your preference.
*The cost for a customized private India tour from US$180/person/day
“Fight” with colorful herbal powder to experience the unique culture of Holi and India.
Witness how women “beat” men with sticks (playfully) to celebrate Holi.
Enjoy a Holika Dahan (a Holi Bonfire) with locals .
Have a picture in front of the Taj Mahal in Indian traditional dress.
Witness the incredible Ganga Aarti ceremony in the holy city of Varanasi.
Catch a bird's-eye view of the “pink city” from less-touristy Nahargarh Fort
Find your favorite door in the splendid City Palace.
Fall into a magical dream when looking at the thousands of mirrors at Amber Fort.
What Our Customers Said
5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY MONICA
Monica is a very sweet young lady who speaks excellent English via email/WhatsApp, and knows the importance of excellent customer service.More
Trent, Jan 2023
2023 Chiang Mai CAD Yipeng Festival
We got early bird ticket and Bella was assisting us through whatsapp. Easy, competitive price, front row tickets. Thanks Bella, for being patient explaining everything to me. Highly recommended.More
lily hartati, Dec 2022
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep. She was responsive and knowledgeable. Buying tickets from their website was super easy and the whole process was straightforward. Highly recommended.More
Khai, Nov 2022
I booked tickets to the Chiang Mai Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Nov 2022. Bella was extremely responsive and helpful!!More
Bowen, Nov 2022
We had an amazing trip to Thailand
We had an amazing trip to Thailand with Asiahighlights. Every detail was perfectly organised and we always had an instant customer support service in case of any issues.More
bugra t, Nov 2022
Bella was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. They handled all the arrangements very professionally and we had a wonderful time! We would definitely recommend and use them again!More
Christie, Nov 2022
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights that to buy tickets to Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai when i was in my country.She helped me very much.You can trust this agency, and i advice Bella as the best!!More
Elena, Nov 2022
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival with Asia Highlight Travel, my travel advisor was Bella Kiu, the experience was great, got my tickets , communication was seamless.More
Siskazi Lindeni, Nov 2022
Your preferences design the real journey. We’re ready to create a wonderful India tour for you.
Meet our representative at the airport. He will escort you from the airport to your hotel in town.
- Visit Jama Masjid, India's largest and grandest mosque. Appreciate the beautiful architecture in its huge courtyard and imagine how magnificent the atmosphere is when 20,000 people pray there on Friday.
- Take a rickshaw to explore the Chandni Chowk. Experience the chaotic and charismatic world of old Delhi.
- Pay your respects to the great man of India — Gandhi at the Raj Ghat.
- Drive to Vrindavan in the afternoon.
- Visit Nandgoan Village in the morning to see the unique Lathmar Holi (celebrating Holi by beating with sticks). On this day, men from Barsana Village go to Nandgoan, and the ladies of Nandgaon Village beat them with sticks. This is a tradition that has been going on for over a century as part of Holi celebrations.
- Your guide might find a place on the roof of a local house from which you could see the festivities taking place on the streets below
- Visit the temples or venture out in the villages to experience rural life in the afternoon
- Drive from Vrindavan to Agra in the morning.
- Visit the Taj Mahal in the afternoon. Listen to the love story about this great building. And appreciate the elaborate designs and exquisite craftsmanship. Taking photos in traditional Indian attire in front of this world wonder would add a greater sense of culture to this memorable visit.
- Visit Agra Fort, with imposing red sandstone ramparts that contain an enormous complex of courtly buildings. Discover the splendid history of the Mughal Empire.
- In the afternoon, visit Itimad-ud-Daulah's Tomb, which is a small-yet-elegant garden-tomb that is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Enjoy an afternoon tea in a café with a roof view of the Taj Mahal.
Drive from Agra to Jaipur. Visit Fatehpur Sikri on the way, and listen to stories about the famous Mughal Emperor Akbar at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Start your tour with Amber Fort on a hilltop. Appreciate its ornately-carved silver doors, elegant alabaster relief work, and glass inlay. Admire the Sheesh Mahal and its gardens.
- Explore the central area of the ‘pink city’ of Jaipur. Stop at lovely Hawa Mahal (‘Winds Palace’), which is a great place for photos. The arch-shaped windows and colorful glass make people think of a fairytale castle.
- Visit nearby Jantar Mantar Observatory. Marvel at the wisdom of medieval Indian astronomy
- And then head to the City Palace, where you will have a splendid introduction to Jaipur's princely past and its rich history through local art.
- Lastly, enjoy a sunset view of the city from Nahargarh Fort.
Drive back to Delhi in the morning. After arriving, have a driving tour taking in more must-sees — India Gate, the Red Fort, Rashtrapati Bhavan, and the Parliament House.
- Fly from Delhi to Varanasi in the morning.
- Visit Sarnath in the afternoon. To Buddhists, Sarnath is as sacred as Varanasi is to Hindus. Explore a superb collection of Buddhist artifacts in the Archaeological Museum.
- Enjoy Holika Dahan (a Holi Bonfire) in the evening with local people.
- Take a boat ride at sunrise, when the temples along the river are bathed in soft morning light. See local people going about their daily activities, washing clothes, performing yoga, and giving offerings of flowers.
- Visit a local house to throw Holi colors with the family and locals around. Local costumes and herbal colors for an authentic Holi experience will be provided. You may also try your hand at preparing some local sweets that are part of the Holi celebrations.
- Explore Varanasi Old City and visit the Gold Temple in the afternoon.
- In the late afternoon, take a boat ride on the Ganges to witness pilgrims performing ancient rituals. When the sun sets, experience the highly choreographed Ganga Aarti ceremony.
A private transfer to Varanasi airport for your departure will be provided.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Cooking Class in Jaipur
Street Food Hunting in Varanasi
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Heritage hotel in old Delhi
Hotel with the river view
Heritage hotel in Jaipur
Hotel with a view of Taj Mahal
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- 4-star accommodations for 10 nights
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Flights mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-in-89
Why Travel with Asia Highlights During the Pandemic
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Your 1:1 travel consultant in Asia will take all the uncertainty out of your planning, helping you navigate any travel restrictions.
- No-risk booking: 100% refund policy! (up to 14 days before departure)
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.