Contact us USA/CA: 800-2682918
Where to summer? Make a wonderful adventure with your kids to Mongolia, China and Thailand. Ride on a horse in the Gobi desert, sleep at local Mongolian yurts and exerience real nomadic life. Learn history and paint a Peking Opera mask at a hutong house, marvel at the Terracotta Army, get to Bangkok for a wonderous spin and kick back at a nice family-friendly resort in Phuket. This is how you create the best quality time.
|Nov.1 - May.31||Handpicked Comfort||Luxury|
|Child on Extra Bed||$3,238||$3,578|
|Jun.1 - Oct.31|| || |
|Child on Extra Bed||$2,998||$3,198|
Note: We will guarantee you get the price as showed above except that there will be a price fluctuation in festival seasons (such as Mongolian Naadam, Chinese National Day, Chinese New Year, King's Birthday in Thailand, and religous festivals).
- This tour is designed for families with young children above 6 years old. We will arrange extra bed for your child but children above 17 years old are required to take his/her own bed. Child using an extra bed, quotation applies according with the "Child on Extra Bed" in the table above; young adults above 17 years old will be charged the same as the perants.
- In your inquiry, please specify the age of your children at the time of travel.
Make your way to the exotic land of Mongolia.
How to fly into Mongolia and out of Thailand? What kind of accommodations should we expect? Is this trip good for my teenager son? For all these questions, you may find answers from our expert travel advisor on a case-by-case basis. Just for a quick checklist, please go to our Tour Information at the bottom of this page.
1 night at Chinggis Khaan Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace (Luxury)
Drive out of the capital and get to the Middle Gobo in Baga Gazarin Chuluu. The host of your stay will be waiting for you.
Get a taste of local nomad life by helping out their daily work.
Highlight of Your Mongolia Trip: Get Wild
In the following days, you and your kids will be taken away from the big city and into the wilderness. In the Gobi desert of Baga Gazarin Chuluu, you will be sleeping at 3 different Gers (traditional nomadic yurts) and experience nomadic life, as well as horseback riding and camel safari.
What makes it special for us?
- Gobi within easy reach: Baga Gazarin Chuluu (literally meaning small rock formation) is 260km away from the capital, taking only 4 to 5 hours. With big travel groups heading down to the southern Gobi, which is more famous and takes longer hours to reach overland, life here remains intact from tourist trod.
- Lifestyle that you've never tried: You will live in the way as your hosts do, help out housework, herd the sheep and rinse the horses, which is something that your kids cannot get from school! (Note: For horseback riding and camel safari, your hosts will control the snaffle for safety concerns.)
Your family might have been to some nice hotels, resorts or cruises, but sleeping in a Ger is nothing like that. Without wifi, TV and even electricity, it will be a great chance for you to bond more strongly with your growing children.
- Help another family: Nomadic families often move from one pasturage to another for their sheep, living a simple life. Summer to autumn is the busiest time for them and your being here will be of great help.
3 nights at traditional Gers
Visit the Small Rock Formation by riding on a horse. Proceed to your next Ger house by car.
Have a simple breakfast with your host before you get escorted deeper into the Gobi desert. Explore an oasis and learn about the eco-system. Enjoy camel safari and stay overnight at the Ger.
Say goodbye to your host and you will be back to Ulaanbaatar. Take an evening flight to Beijing.
3 nights at Novotel Peace Beijing (Handpicked Comfort) / Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Chaoyang U-Town (Luxury)
Today you will be on a slow exploration in Beijing. Start with a boat trip in the Summer Palace and proceed to the Forbidden City. Learn paper-cutting, mask-painting or calligraphy at a local house inside the Hutong.
Drive to the Great Wall in the morning. Your family will have your own cable car up the mountain ridge and then hike the paved section of Mutianyu. Take an exciting Tobaggan slide down. Visit the Temple of Heaven when you are back in Beijing.
Take a morning flight to Xi'an. Visit the bustling Muslim Quarter and learn about Chinese Muslim's living situation. Go cycling on the Ancient City Wall at sunset.
1 night at Grand Noble Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian (Luxury)
Get to the supreme highlight of your trip: the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, plus a side visit to a local family-run workshop for terra-cotta army. Learn how these clay warriors are made and get a miniature figure as memento.
Fly to Bangkok at night.
Today's Highlight: Terracotta Army Workshop
Back in the days, there was no factory to make terracotta warriors. Every figure was hand-made in a life size by local farmers, craftmen and potters. Today, some farmers in Xianyang are still practicing the art.
They will teach you the process in details and you may have a chance to try moulding or painting. At the end of the visit, you will bring home a miniture terracotta warrior.
What makes it special for us?
- Close set: Terracotta Warrior Workshop is not a common attraction but an Asia Highlights' exclusive site, only opens for your visit. Your kids will have a chance to learn the processe in details, which is not written that lively on textbooks.
- Relive the history: Learn about every detail in making a terracotta warrior just in the same way back in history.
2 nights at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn (Handpicked Comfort) / Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (Luxury)
You will have a free day in Bangkok (for you arrived pretty late last night)
We have arranged a Bangkok highlight tour for tomorrow. However, if you rather take the excitement today we can make changes.
Explore the famous Damnonsaduak Floating Market in the morning. Get back to downtown and visit the Grand Royal Palace and Temple of Emerald Buddha. Wrap it up today with a short yet fun food hunt with your local insider.
Highlight of Today: Bangkok on Tuk Tuk
Hop on Skytrain from your hotel and head to Grand Palace and Temple of Emerald Buddha in downtown of Bangkok.
Get to Amulet Market where you will find a lot of funk stuff that is used in Buddhism practice.
Have some simple lunch at a nearby restaurant. Get away from the mid-day heat at National Museum, where you will learn more about this amazing country.
A Tuk tuk ride awaits! Roam to Wat Saket (Golden Mount Temple) that is built on the top of a mountain. You will take 381 steps up to the temple and get a good view of the city.
Embark a fun food adventure after another leg of tuk tuk ride to the iconic Chinatown. Try out the mouth-watering toasted bread or a bowl of bird's nest, or feast on a seafood BBQ. The bustling Chinatown can be a real treat for both your eyes and taste buds.
What makes it special for us?
- Enjoy the whizz: Tuk tuk is a must-try experience in Thailand yet it is still hard for foreigners to haggle with the driver or even explain the destination. Your private tour guide will do the talking and you can just sit back and enjoy the speed.
- Real good food: Authentic and clean eats lie all around Bangkok yet for a first-timer you need sharp eyes to find them. Your tour guide is your compass. Now time wasted at so-called hit shops, head straight to an unforgettable Pad Thai!
- Great value: Tuk tuk ride or skytrain are actually more time-economic than private car in a busy city like Bangkok. Only a small amount gets you to every corner of the city and you get to blend in.
Your "food fund" gets you up to 7 different kinds of local food in small amount and shared basis. Asian believe that emotional bond or relationship grow stronger by sharing food together.
Fly over the ocean and get to Phuket. Enjoy your stay at our exclusively-selected resort.
3 nights at Centara Kata Resort Phuket (Handpicked Comfort) / Katahani Phuket Beach Resort (Luxury)
Enjoy your family days on the beach of Phuekt and fly back to Bangkok. Connect your international departure flight and back to your sweet home.
Asia Highlights chooses hotels with a balanced mixture of traditional style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
- Ranked 13/59 hotels in Ulaanbaatar on TripAdvisor.
- Great value, located in primary residential area and close to downtown.
- Standard Room allows extra bed and connecting rooms available.
- Three different Gers of different families.
- Basic accommodations with nothing luxury.
- An entire Private Ger will accommodate your family for up to 10 people.
-Ranked 63 in 6,474 hotels in Beijing on TripAdvisor.
- Located on Wangfujing Street, easy to shop and dine.
- Superior Room is 32sqm, extra bed and connecting rooms available.
- Ranked 11 out of 2,581 hotels in Xi'an on TripAdvisor.
- A nice 4.5-star hotel with great location on Dongdajie Street.
- Superior Room, spacious and connecting rooms available.
- One of Bangkok's best designer hotels, great value.
- Elvator straight to SkyTrain station, great breakfast.
- Superior Sky Room is 32sqm, higher floor and large extra bed.
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice 2017.
- Large swimming pools, garden setting and great food.
- Family Deluxe Poolside is 42sqm, balcony right to the pool.
Note: Your comfort counts! It's totally possible to change hotels based on your interests and budget.Just let us know your preferences and we will help you choose.