This tour is designed for travelers who would like to tick off bucket-list places in China, not forgetting Tibet, as well as Nepal and India — all in under 3 weeks. You would experience the highlights of each country comfortably, while encountering lifestyles and faiths seen nowhere else!.
Starting with China would simplify entering Tibet. However, it is also possible to start with India and end with China, getting to Tibet overland from Nepal. You could even add Bhutan. With us, your personal travel advisor would work out your best itinerary according to your interests and schedule.
Suggested Route for China Nepal India Tour
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Listen to stories of the royal family in a hidden hall of the Forbidden City.
Make a mini terracotta warrior yourself after witnessing the unbelievable Terracotta Amy.
Unlock stories of the mysterious Dalai Lamas in the Potala Palace
Discover the loneliest lamasery on a Lake Yamdrok Island
Sip a cup of sweet tea at a hidden nunnery behind Barkhor Street in Lhasa.
Feel the strength of belief as you touch exquisite sculptures and flying prayer flags.
Enlighten your own life with a deep conversation with a local Sadhu in Kathmandu.
Take an early morning flight over Mt. Everest — a flight of a lifetime!
Enter the locals’ spiritual world with a Ganges boat ride, witnessing their riverfront rituals.
Have a picture in front of the Taj Mahal in Indian traditional dress.
Make accommodation part of the experience by staying in heritage hotels
98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Sharon from Asia highlights has been…
Sharon from Asia highlights has been amazing. She offered her amazing ideas to other tours I wanted. We have planned the perfect 9 day itinerary to Thailand. She worked in my budget and was very flexible when I had to change my flights. Thank you sharon. Can’t wait for the trip.More
Heather Stern Wilensky, Apr 2023
Ms. Ning first review 4-2023
Ms. Albee Ning has been doing a great job accommodating my requests and itinerary changes. Remember the first itinerary is a rough draft and you may modify it to suit your tastes. Remember you can not do it all and see everything in 3 weeks. If the flight wasn't so long I would visit Southeast Asia more often. I will update my review in a few months. We don't leave for 9 more months. Asia Highlights is working well for me so far!More
Chiefray, Apr 2023
Perfect Trip To Thailand…
We had so much fun in Bangkok with Tanni and Tom as they kept laughing at all of our silly jokes. Paul, our guide and Chiang Mai was really thoughtful, fun and full of great information about the temples and sights. Thanks so much! Brian and MichelleMore
Scott Orchard, Mar 2023
I highly recommend Asia Highlights
I highly recommend Asia Highlights. I worked with Alisa and she is fantastic! I was planning my honeymoon trip, and I changed the destination multiple times. Each time, Alisa provided me an updated itinerary with activities that matched my interests. Whether I had a small change to an activity, a question about one of the arrangements, or a change or destination, Alisa was helpful, thoughtful, and knowledgeable, providing me with updated options in an extremely timely manner. In the end, despite the fact that I changed my mind on location multiple times, I ended up booking a 17 day trip to Thailand for this upcoming November. I am extremely excited to experience everything that Alisa planned for us. I recommend Asia Highlights to everyone and look forward to using them again on any other trips to Asia in the future. Thank you Alisa and Asia Highlights!More
Britt Rosen, Mar 2023
Three weeks encompassing Vietnam
A special shoutout to our last guide in Bangkok - Ms. Ka-Noon who spoiled us with her kindness and then got us through check in and security for our flight home in record time at that huge Bangkok airport.More
Deby, Feb 2023
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia…
Over the last 5 years we've used Asia highlights twice. And both times we've had fantastic vacations. Would not want to do it any different when we travel to Asia from now on. Sharon was fantastic. She was a wonderful agent who helped us nail down our trip and make everything go as smooth as possible.More
Todd Atwell, Feb 2023
Family Trip to Thailand
Our trip to Thailand comprised three generations of the family , ten people and an age range of 4 to 70 so a potentially difficult brief.Our itinerary over two weeks involved four locations, and a number of different trips and tours.From out arrival at an extremely busy Bangkok airport Asia Highlights were terrific.In each location we were met by a smiling , knowledgeable and professional guide who simply made everything easy and stress free for everyone.Our transportation was clean and comfortable . Transport was always ready for us at the agreed time and the drivers were excellent.There were so many highlights enjoyed by all the age groups. The floating houses , railway market and elephant sanctuary were particular favourites.We had one minor glitch with the accommodation in Phuket which was immediately dealt with by Tip. I think we would have struggled to resolve the problem by ourselves. So, thank you Asia Highlights , Cathy, Tip and tour guides Tanny, Sam and Lisa. It was a memorable holiday and we will be back.More
Roger Pyle, Feb 2023
Trip of a lifetime from Asia Highlights!
I recommend highly Asia Highlights as a travel company. Our travel consultant Albee took the time to connect with us during the planning process to make sure we were comfortable with our itinerary. When we arrived, we were met by our guide and all the details were attended to. They picked great hotels and tours. I often describe our trip as the trip of a lifetime! Would definitely use them again when we come back to AsiaMore
Nancy Parker, Feb 2023
Asia Highlights and Albee - highly recommended
Asia Highlights is very reliable agency and Albee is an amazing representative of the company. From the moment when we contacted her until our departure, the whole support we received was 6* level. She prepared our trip offer within few hours and afterwards she was extremely flexible to adjust as per our needs. In the period between the offer and the trip, Albee was always available for all our questions and supported us on the best possible way. During the trip she was again flexible to add new activities/transfers and this went on the smoothest possible way. Thank you, Albee and Asia Highlights. Definitely we will approach you again for our next Asian tripMore
AZ, Feb 2023
5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY MONICA
Monica is a very sweet young lady who speaks excellent English via email/WhatsApp, and knows the importance of excellent customer service.More
Trent, Jan 2023
We had an awesome experience with Asia Highlights
We started our trip in Bangkok, where Mr. Prassert our tour guide, met us. He was on time and the van was clean and well-maintained. Mr. Prassert was our guide for the 4 days we spent in Bangkok. He was helpful, kind, and willing to accommodate our pee and coffee breaks. The driver was safe and punctual. Next, we went to Chiang Mai.Gemma exceeded every expectation we had for our tour of Chiang Mai! She had a great attitude that made exploring the city fun and exciting, as well as an abundance of knowledge and experience. She was always spot on with figuring out logistics and coming up with unique ideas that suited our interests and schedules. Gemma was incredibly generous with her time and even walked us to security at the airport to make sure we could carry all of our luggage. That’s just one example of how far out of her way she went to make our trip easier and more enjoyable. Gemma was sincerely interested in making every minute of our trip count. We’re very grateful to have met her and feel like we have found a friend in Gemma! Our driver in Chiang Mai was also great and very accommodating to our changes in schedules.More
Lois Paskow, Dec 2022
Thailand & Cambodia 2022
Albee went above and beyond to make our trip perfect. She rearranged flights due to a mistake of mine. She made sure we were still picked up and escorted to the airport. I felt comfortable and safe with all our reps. She did an excellent job and I highly recommend her booking your next trip. Thank you, Albee.More
Karen Brooks, Dec 2022
Perfect vacation thanks to Albee we…
I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate all the efforts, attention to details and immediate responses to all questions that Albee and her team provided. The Asia Highlights team deserves more stars than the maximum allowed because of continually going above and beyond all expectations. Thanks Albee for making our vacation through south east Asia absolutely perfect!!!More
Michael Sharp, Dec 2022
2023 Chiang Mai CAD Yipeng Festival
We got early bird ticket and Bella was assisting us through whatsapp. Easy, competitive price, front row tickets. Thanks Bella, for being patient explaining everything to me. Highly recommended.More
lily hartati, Dec 2022
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep
Bella has been an outstanding customer service rep. She was responsive and knowledgeable. Buying tickets from their website was super easy and the whole process was straightforward. Highly recommended.More
Khai, Nov 2022
I was ever so grateful to have a point…
I was ever so grateful to have a point of contact while in a foreign country for the first time, alone, that helped me through the Ins and outs of getting to and from my destination. Albee was readily available which brought me much comfort and feeling of safety. If in this part of the world again, I will not hesitate to use your services..More
Omega, Nov 2022
I booked tickets to the Chiang Mai Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Nov 2022. Bella was extremely responsive and helpful!!More
Bowen, Nov 2022
It is the attention to detail and what we specifically wanted to see that made the reservation experience so exciting.More
Peter Bongiovanni, Nov 2022
Suggested Itinerary for Inspiration
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful tour for you.
Your journey begins when your flight lands in Beijing. Transfer to hotel and free at leisure for the rest of today.
- Start with the Tian'anmen Square, the biggest city square in the world.
- Explore the Forbidden City with your knowledgeble guide. listen to the stories in a hidden hall which is ingored by most of the tourists.
- Experience the traditional Beijing lifesyle in hutongs in the afternoon.
- Visit the Temple of Heaven in the morming. Learn about how the royal ceremonies have been hold here.
- Walk on the Mutianyu Great Wall which is a less-crowded yet more-picturesque section.
- Appreciate the famous imperial garden in China, the Summer Palace. It is where the emperors used to retreat when fleeing the summer heat.
- Experience the high-speed train of China from Beijing to Xi'an.
- Unlock the secrets of the Terra-Cotta Warriors and Horses with your local expert guide.Travel back in time and put yourself in the Emperor's shoes.
- After the visit, you will have a chance to learn how the terracottas were made with a side-trip to a workshop and make a mini one by yourself.
Take a morning flight to Lhasa, high on the roof of the world. Check in and give yourself some time to adjust to the altitude.
- Pilgrimage to the Potala Palace in the morning. Discover the exquisite murals, decorated statues, and antiques. Listen to stories of the famous King of the Tubo Kingdom and the Dalai Lamas.
- View the palace from four angles selected by Asia Highlights, which will allow you to fully enjoy the beauties of the palace.
- Have a walking tour in the afternoon. Visit Jokhang Temple and explore Barkhor Street
- Take afternoon tea in peaceful Ani Tsangkhung Nunnery. See Tibetan nuns' daily hand work and peaceful life.
- Visit Norbulingka ("Lhasa's Summer Palace")in the morning. Stroll in the park with the local Tibetans
- Enjoy a visit to Drepung Monastery. Learn about the biggest school of Tibetan Buddhism: the Gelug School.
- In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery. Watch a monks'debate and enjoy their special "debating dance".
- Drive about 2 hours from Lhasa to Lake Yamdrok. View the lake from the popular platform.
- Get off the beaten path with a drive along the lake to a small lamasery on a small island with only one monk. Enjoy an exclusive view of the lake and a picnic there.
Take a flight to Kathmandu, Nepal. In the afternoon, Enjoy your free time to explore the Thamel Street.
- Start your tour from Kathmandu Durbar Square. Observe the spectacular art and architecture of the medieval and modern Malla and Shah dynasties.
- Visit the sacred Hindu shrine Pashupatinath. It is also a crematorium. Have a meaningful conversation with a Sadhu at Pashupatinath Temple.
- Continue to Boudhanath Stupa to feel the piety of Tibetan Buddhism. The eyes on the golden pagoda might impress you a lot.
- Visit the "Monkey Temple" at the end. You will find out how well Hinduism and Buddhism combine there.
- Take a flight over Mt.Everest in the early monring and return to hotel for breakfast.
- Go to Patan to see the most magnificent Durbar Square in the Kathmandu Valley.
- In the afternoon, explore Bhaktapur. Visit the Golden Gate, Palace of 55 Windows, Taleju Temple, Datratra Square, and Pottery Square.
- Fly from Kathmandu to Dheli in the morning.
- See the Qutub Minar, where Qutbuddin Aibak announced the advent of the Muslim sultan.
- Visit Humayun's Tomb, the first great example of a Mughal garden tomb and also the inspiration for the incredible Taj Mahal.
- Start your day by exploring Jama Masjid, a historic and large mosque crowned with three imposing black-and-white marble domes.
- Walk down the sandstone steps into the bustling streets where you will take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk market
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the afternoon
- The day begins with an early-morning visit to the perfectly proportioned Taj Mahal which was built as a mausoleum for the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan's favorite wife.
- Visit the Agra Fort, a red sandstone rampart situated on the west bank of the Yamuna River.
- Enjoy a sunset tea/coffee with cookies at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Taj Mahal.
- Enjoy the colorful mosaics and stone inlays of Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, which is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Drive from Agra to Jaipur in the afternoon.
- Start your tour with Amber Fort on a hilltop. Appreciate its ornately-carved silver doors, elegant alabaster relief work, and glass inlay. Admire the Sheesh Mahal and its gardens.
- Explore the central area of the ‘pink city’ of Jaipur. Stop at lovely Hawa Mahal (‘Winds Palace’). The arch-shaped windows and colorful glass make people think of a fairytale castle.
- Visit nearby Jantar Mantar Observatory. Marvel at the wisdom of medieval Indian astronomy
- And then head to the City Palace, where you will have a splendid introduction to Jaipur's princely past and its rich history through local art.
- Drive from Jaipur to Delhi aiport and then catch a flight to Varanasi
- Meet the local representitive at the airport and transfer to the hotel
- Take a boat ride at sunrise, when the temples along the river are bathed in soft morning light. See local people going about their daily activities, washing clothes, performing yoga, and giving offerings of flowers.
- Explore Varanasi Old City and visit the Sarnath in the afternoon.
- In the late afternoon, take a boat ride on the Ganges to witness pilgrims performing ancient rituals. When the sun sets, experience the highly choreographed Ganga Aarti ceremony.
Say goodbye to India. Transfer to Varanasi Airport for your flight back home or to the next destination.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Cooking Class in Jaipur
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Appreciate Himalayas in a Hidden Resort
White Water Rafting
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel in the center of Beijing
Apartment hotel in Xi'an
Hotel with Tibetan style
Heritage hotel in old Delhi
Hotel with the river view
Heritage hotel in Jaipur
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation for 19 nights
- Flights and trains mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-17
Start planning your tailor-made tour now. Your 1:1 travel consultant will reply within 1 working day.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.