This tour is designed for travelers who would like to tick off bucket-list places in China, not forgetting Tibet, as well as Nepal and India — all in under 3 weeks. You would experience the highlights of each country comfortably, while encountering lifestyles and faiths seen nowhere else!.
Starting with China would simplify entering Tibet. However, it is also possible to start with India and end with China, getting to Tibet overland from Nepal. You could even add Bhutan. With us, your personal travel advisor would work out your best itinerary according to your interests and schedule.
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Listen to stories of the royal family in a hidden hall of the Forbidden City.
Make a mini terracotta warrior yourself after witnessing the unbelievable Terracotta Amy.
Unlock stories of the mysterious Dalai Lamas in the Potala Palace
Discover the loneliest lamasery on a Lake Yamdrok Island
Sip a cup of sweet tea at a hidden nunnery behind Barkhor Street in Lhasa.
Feel the strength of belief as you touch exquisite sculptures and flying prayer flags.
Enlighten your own life with a deep conversation with a local Sadhu in Kathmandu.
Take an early morning flight over Mt. Everest — a flight of a lifetime!
Enter the locals' spiritual world with a Ganges boat ride, witnessing their riverfront rituals.
Have a picture in front of the Taj Mahal in Indian traditional dress.
Make accommodation part of the experience by staying in heritage hotels
Seeing Bangkok with ease
In Bangkok, our tour guide, Ying, was wonderful. She navigated all the sights with ease, gave us interesting tidbits on Thai culture and history, helped us pick the right food at all the restaurants, and was just a pleasure to be around. We had a great time, and it was so nice to not have to worry about any of the details.More
Diane Elkins, Nov 2023
Thailand -insights, no stress and amazing team
My husband and my Thailand trip was fantastic, stress-free and educational thanks to the amazing team coordinated by Albee at Asia Highlights. The whole team was incredibly accessible, responsive, sensitive to our needs and lovely to work with. End-to-end, the trip was truly remarkable and the knowledgeable and dynamic tour guides and drivers made it especially memorable!More
AndrewsFamily, Oct 2023
Informative & Thorough / Thanks Sharon!
Sharon the advisor that helped me was so thorough & informative and explained the details of the tour including questions about visas and what is included vs what is not included in the tour packages. I would recommend them to explain tour packages that would fit the schedule of your pending travels.More
Chris, Sep 2023
Easy, fast responses
I worked directly with Monica in Asia Highlights. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions quickly. Working with her made the whole process easy and we are so excited for our trip!More
Diana B, Sep 2023
Stress free Thailand
Alisa has organised our 14 day Thailand holiday for 2024 for my family & I. She has been very accommodating & super quick with all of our requests & we cannot wait for a stress free holiday! Thank you Alisa!More
Alana Mitchell, Sep 2023
Family Trip to Thailand-Cambodia
All of our guides were very nice and knowledgeable, but we have a special mention to our guide in Cambodia, Chan, he was very kind with us and it was very amusing. He went the extra mile for us. We really enjoyed our holidays!More
José Antonio Carrillo de la Pl, Sep 2023
Asia Highlights and Sharon
Asia Highlights, specifically Sharon, has been wonderfully helpful as we get ready for a 2024 excursion to Thailand. We are beyond excited, and much of that has to do with the personalized attention that we have experienced with Sharon. She has been extremely responsive, obliging, and focused as she helped us design a tailor made itinerary. All of our questions have been addressed, our needs have been met, and the path has now been set for a very exciting trip.... thanks to Sharon.More
Marcy Hoenig, Sep 2023
I was planning a trip to Thailand to…
I was planning a trip to Thailand to especially see the Lantern Festival this year for our birthdays!! It’s been on our bucket list, but we were completely lost on how to go about planning for our trip. We’ve never really booked tours before but Alisa was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, flexible and efficient in providing all the information we needed to make our decision on the best tours and tickets to purchase. Thank you so much!!More
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/64d9a5a4657e4b39f768a21e, Aug 2023
I would definitely recommend Asia…
All of our guides were wonderful (Mr. Bank - Bangkok and Ms. Kai in Phuket & Khao Sok plus antoher guide who assisted in Koh Samui). Sharon took care of tours, private drivers, flights and hotels within Thailand and our trip went off without a hitch. The hotels were great and the transportation always arrived on time and with a clean,More
Guinevere Provance, Aug 2023
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Your preferences design the real journey. We're ready to create a wonderful tour for you.
Your journey begins when your flight lands in Beijing. Transfer to hotel and free at leisure for the rest of today.
- Start with the Tian'anmen Square, the biggest city square in the world.
- Explore the Forbidden City with your knowledgeble guide. listen to the stories in a hidden hall which is ingored by most of the tourists.
- Experience the traditional Beijing lifesyle in hutongs in the afternoon.
- Visit the Temple of Heaven in the morming. Learn about how the royal ceremonies have been hold here.
- Walk on the Mutianyu Great Wall which is a less-crowded yet more-picturesque section.
- Appreciate the famous imperial garden in China, the Summer Palace. It is where the emperors used to retreat when fleeing the summer heat.
- Experience the high-speed train of China from Beijing to Xi'an.
- Unlock the secrets of the Terra-Cotta Warriors and Horses with your local expert guide.Travel back in time and put yourself in the Emperor's shoes.
- After the visit, you will have a chance to learn how the terracottas were made with a side-trip to a workshop and make a mini one by yourself.
Take a morning flight to Lhasa, high on the roof of the world. Check in and give yourself some time to adjust to the altitude.
- Pilgrimage to the Potala Palace in the morning. Discover the exquisite murals, decorated statues, and antiques. Listen to stories of the famous King of the Tubo Kingdom and the Dalai Lamas.
- View the palace from four angles selected by Asia Highlights, which will allow you to fully enjoy the beauties of the palace.
- Have a walking tour in the afternoon. Visit Jokhang Temple and explore Barkhor Street
- Take afternoon tea in peaceful Ani Tsangkhung Nunnery. See Tibetan nuns' daily hand work and peaceful life.
- Visit Norbulingka ("Lhasa's Summer Palace") in the morning. Stroll in the park with the local Tibetans
- Enjoy a visit to Drepung Monastery. Learn about the biggest school of Tibetan Buddhism: the Gelug School.
- In the afternoon, visit Sera Monastery. Watch a monks'debate and enjoy their special "debating dance".
- Drive about 2 hours from Lhasa to Lake Yamdrok. View the lake from the popular platform.
- Get off the beaten path with a drive along the lake to a small lamasery on a small island with only one monk. Enjoy an exclusive view of the lake and a picnic there.
Take a flight to Kathmandu, Nepal. In the afternoon, Enjoy your free time to explore the Thamel Street.
- Start your tour from Kathmandu Durbar Square. Observe the spectacular art and architecture of the medieval and modern Malla and Shah dynasties.
- Visit the sacred Hindu shrine Pashupatinath. It is also a crematorium. Have a meaningful conversation with a Sadhu at Pashupatinath Temple.
- Continue to Boudhanath Stupa to feel the piety of Tibetan Buddhism. The eyes on the golden pagoda might impress you a lot.
- Visit the "Monkey Temple" at the end. You will find out how well Hinduism and Buddhism combine there.
- Take a flight over Mt.Everest in the early monring and return to hotel for breakfast.
- Go to Patan to see the most magnificent Durbar Square in the Kathmandu Valley.
- In the afternoon, explore Bhaktapur. Visit the Golden Gate, Palace of 55 Windows, Taleju Temple, Datratra Square, and Pottery Square.
- Fly from Kathmandu to Dheli in the morning.
- See the Qutub Minar, where Qutbuddin Aibak announced the advent of the Muslim sultan.
- Visit Humayun's Tomb, the first great example of a Mughal garden tomb and also the inspiration for the incredible Taj Mahal.
- Start your day by exploring Jama Masjid, a historic and large mosque crowned with three imposing black-and-white marble domes.
- Walk down the sandstone steps into the bustling streets where you will take a rickshaw ride through the Chandni Chowk market
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the afternoon
- The day begins with an early-morning visit to the perfectly proportioned Taj Mahal which was built as a mausoleum for the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan's favorite wife.
- Visit the Agra Fort, a red sandstone rampart situated on the west bank of the Yamuna River.
- Enjoy a sunset tea/coffee with cookies at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Taj Mahal.
- Enjoy the colorful mosaics and stone inlays of Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, which is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Drive from Agra to Jaipur in the afternoon.
- Start your tour with Amber Fort on a hilltop. Appreciate its ornately-carved silver doors, elegant alabaster relief work, and glass inlay. Admire the Sheesh Mahal and its gardens.
- Explore the central area of the 'pink city' of Jaipur. Stop at lovely Hawa Mahal ('Winds Palace'). The arch-shaped windows and colorful glass make people think of a fairytale castle.
- Visit nearby Jantar Mantar Observatory. Marvel at the wisdom of medieval Indian astronomy
- And then head to the City Palace, where you will have a splendid introduction to Jaipur's princely past and its rich history through local art.
- Drive from Jaipur to Delhi aiport and then catch a flight to Varanasi
- Meet the local representitive at the airport and transfer to the hotel
- Take a boat ride at sunrise, when the temples along the river are bathed in soft morning light. See local people going about their daily activities, washing clothes, performing yoga, and giving offerings of flowers.
- Explore Varanasi Old City and visit the Sarnath in the afternoon.
- In the late afternoon, take a boat ride on the Ganges to witness pilgrims performing ancient rituals. When the sun sets, experience the highly choreographed Ganga Aarti ceremony.
Say goodbye to India. Transfer to Varanasi Airport for your flight back home or to the next destination.
Ideas for Making This Trip Uniquely Yours
Special experiences can be added to brighten a honeymoon trip, a family vacation, a birthday, or satisfy personal interests.
A Romantic Dinner in Amber Fort
Cooking Class in Jaipur
Heena Painting on Hands and Feet
For culture fans
Appreciate Himalayas in a Hidden Resort
White Water Rafting
We select hotels with style and local features. Let us know your preferences and we'll find your ideal hotel.
Hotel in the center of Beijing
Apartment hotel in Xi'an
Hotel with Tibetan style
Heritage hotel in old Delhi
Hotel with the river view
Heritage hotel in Jaipur
Our Service Includes:
- Private transfers and English-speaking tour guide
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation for 19 nights
- Flights and trains mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfasts at hotels and lunches mentioned in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
Tour code: ah-17
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Tokyo, Yokohama, Hakone, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka Tour
- 11-Day Traditional Japan Tour
- 11-Day Best of Thailand and Cambodia Tour
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 13-Day Private Singapore and Bali Journey of Discovery
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 2-Week Japan Private Family Vacation
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 16-Day South Korea and Japan Cultural Adventure Tour
- 16-Day Japan and China Discovery Tour
- 18-Day Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Singapore Tour
- 21-Day China, Laos, and Thailand Discovery
- Best & Worst Times to Visit Southeast Asia 2024/2025, Rainy Season...
- How to Plan a Trip to Southeast Asia 2024/2025
- How to Plan a 10-Day Southeast Asia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- Plan a 2-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary 2024/2025: Top 5 Itinerary Ideas
- How to Plan a 2-Week Itinerary in Japan and South Korea
- Plan a 3-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary: Best 3 Itinerary Ideas
- The Ultimate 4-Week Southeast Asia Itinerary for You! (Expert Advice)
- Plan an Awesome Trip to India, Bhutan and Nepal (6 Tips)
- How to Plan a Trip to China and Japan
- How to Plan a Trip to Japan and Thailand
- Planning Your First Family Vacation to Asia
- Plan a Family Trip to Japan 2024, Well-Selected Experiences & Itineraries
- Southeast Asia Weather in January 2024, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in February 2024, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in March 2024, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in April 2024, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in May 2024, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in June 2024, Where to Go
- The 6 Best Places to Visit in Southeast Asia in July (2024)
- The 6 Best Places to Visit in Southeast Asia in August 2024
- Southeast Asia Weather in November 2023, Where to Go
- Southeast Asia Weather in December 2024 & Best Places to Go
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.