Contact us USA/CA: 800-2682918
Take a journey to the holy land of Tibet, Nepal and India and embrace lifestyles and faith that you see nowhere else. Sneak among the streets of Lhasa, talk to a local Sadhu (holy man) in Kathmandu, take a boat trip on the Gangse River and fly over Mt.Everest. Get your bucket list checked out with unparalleled experience.
|Sep.1 - Mar.31||Handpicked Comfort||Luxury|
|Apr.1 - Aug.31|| || |
Note: We will guarantee you get the price as showed above except that there will be a price fluctuation in festival seasons (such as National Day, Chinese New Year, and religious festivals).
NEWS UPDATE: Tibet-Nepal Border Reopen!
Overland border-crossing is made possible again with the recent reopen of Gyirong/Kyirong Port in 29th August, 2017. An itinerary example: finish your visit in Lhasa and transfer to Xigaze, spend a couple of days in Xigaze if you are interested; proceed to the Everest Base Camp (EBC) and then reach Gyirong/Kyirong Port in one day; travel across the border to Kathmandu, the entire journey will be completed within 3 days from Lhasa.
(* Updated 09:00 am/08/31/2017.)
Your journey begins when your flight lands in Beijing. Transfer to hotel and free at leisure for the rest of today.
All nationalities are required to obtain China Visa and Tibet Permit. Pleas allow yourself with at least one month to process the visa application. For more information regarding visa, please go to our Tour Information at the bottom of this page.
3 nights at Novotel Beijing Peace (Handpicked Comfort) / Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Chaoyang U-Town (Luxury)
Beijing has been China's capital for several centuries and its legacy is worthy deep exploration. Today you will visit the Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and an interesting rickshaw ride in the Hutongs. A side visit to a local wine museum will be highlight of today.
Rise up early and we will drive out of town to the Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is considered as a less-crowded yet more-picturesque section of the Great Wall, our special choice for you. Get back to town and visit the Temple of Heaven.
Take a noon flight to Xi'an.
Have some time to refresh after check-in. Later, we will visit the Muslim Quarter to experience its vibe and take a cycling trip on the Ancient City Wall at sunset.
2 nights at Grand Noble Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian (Luxury)
Not simply an icon of China, but also a rich heritage of China's long history, Terracotta Warriors and Army sits on top of all attraction lists. Today you will have an informative visit at this massive site.
After the visit, you will have a chance to learn how the terracottas were made with a side-trip to a workshop. Get back to downtown and visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda.
Today's Highlight: How is it made?
Back in the days, there was no factory to make terracotta warriors. Every figure was hand-made in a life size by local farmers, craftsmen and potters. Today, some farmers in Xianyang are still practicing the art.
They will teach you the process in details and you may have a chance to try moulding or painting. At the end of the visit, you will bring home a miniature terracotta warrior.
What makes it special for me?
- Close set: Terracotta Warrior Workshop is not a common attraction but an Asia Highlights' exclusive site, only opens for your visit.
- Relive the history: Learn about every detail in making a terracotta warrior just in the same way back in history. Something to tell your friends back home or a reason to excite your kids.
Take a noon flight to Lhasa, high on the roof of the world. Check in and give yourself some time to adjust to the altitude.
2 nights at Xinding Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / St Regis Lhasa Resort (Luxury)
Your first top for today will be the majestic Potala Palace and then Jokhang Temple. After lunch, take an interesting walk at the backstreet of Barkhor Area and visit a hidden nunnery.
Highlight of Today: A Cup of Sweet Tea at Ani Tsamkhung Nunnery
The lovely little nunnery used to be a meditation center during the days of the 7th century Tibetan king Songtsän Gampo. Today nuns from age 16 to 80 call it home. They make their living by alms, sewing, weaving and making handicrafts. It also serves as a small tea shop where you can have a cup of sweet tea and some simple food.
What makes it special for me?
- Away from the crowds: Get away from the main street noise and relax at this little piece of oasis. Here is a place you can see nuns at their hand work and live in peace.
- A little favor: As the nuns live on alms and simple working, you can make small contribution by being here.
Take a flight to Kathmandu, Nepal.
In the afternoon, you will have a meaningful conversation with a Sadhu at Pashupatinath Temple.
Highlight of Today: Spiritual Talk
Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most worshiped Hindu temples in Kathmandu. Today you will hop on a local bus for a 20-minute ride to the valley till you reach this sprawling site.
This temple is also "home" to some Sadhus. Sadhu is a term referred to a religious ascetic who has renounced his (her, although very seldom) life to follow a path of spiritual discipline. They have no home, only some simple clothing and eat very little food.
Spend some time with a Sadhu to learn about his philosophy, which might shed some light on your personal life, too. After a cup of tea at a rooftop restaurant overlooking the temple, you will be taken back to downtown Kathmandu.
What makes it special for me?
- Faith in breathing: Get close-up to a real pilgrim and get inside his fascinating spiritual world. Chance like this doesn't happen every day or to every body.
- Local transportation: Take a local bus on a bumpy road, just as the locals do, which might seem like a challenge yet it rewards you with a chance to see the city from a different perspective, also an effort to reduce carbon emission.
(Note: We will still need to use private transfer if you are traveling with more than 5 people.)
Border-Crossing via Gyirong/Kyirong Port (Updated 08/31/2017)
Now travelers can make their way to Kathmandu via Gyirong/Kyirong Port, which was reopen to foreign travelers in 29th August, 2017. Ths overland transfer gets you pass Xigaze, Everest Camp Base and all the way to Kathmandu, taking about 2 to 3 full days depending on the route. For specific itinerary, please contact your travel advisor.
(* Updated in 31st August, 2017)
2 nights at Hotel Shanker (Handpicked Comfort) / Hyatt Regency (Luxury)
Early morning take a flight over Mt.Everest and return to hotel for breakfast. Start your day in Kathmandu with its major highlights: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath Stupa (a.k.a Monkey Temple) and stroll around Thamel Street.
Highlight of Today: Flight of a Lifetime
At 0500am, you will be taken to the airport and board a small flight. This 1-hour flight takes you along the ridge of Mt.Everest. It flies so close to the mountain that it is as if you can touch the tip with your fingers.
1. Flight is subject to cancel due to weather condition and you may take another flight in the following days.
2. The flight will fly at a low altitude and most people will not have much negative reaction (such as respiratory disorder) and there will be a doctor in flight in case of emergencies.
What makes it special for me?
- Make the most of your time: If you are short on time or have other constraints, this flight, with window seat guaranteed, is a great alternative for actually climbing up Mount Everest (and even a safer one!).
- Be the first among you friends: You will be given a certificate which grants you a bragging right for a unique story to tell.
- Bucket list CHECK: For a seasoned traveler like you, this is a now-or-never chance to get to the highest point of the world. Now you can cross "Mt.Everest" off your bucket list.
Following the holy trail, you will reach New Delhi after a short flight of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Free at leisure after check-in.
2 nights at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida (Handpicked Comfort) / The Imperial Hotel (Luxury)
Feel the heat of New Delhi! Today you will make a great trip in this vibrant city, sites will include National Gandhi Museum, Red Fort and get inside the aromatic Khari Baoli, and some interesting local markets.
Take a noon flight to Varanasi, the land of Gangse. Check in and go for a simple lunch.
Visit Sarnath in the afternoon, which is widely known as the very place for the Buddha's first sermon.
2 nights at Radisson Hotel Varanasi
Early in the morning, even before the sunrise, you will take a boat trip on the Gangse River. Gain deeper understanding about the Hindu way of life as you pass by many ghats (places for holy cremations) and riverfront temples.
Visit the Hindu University in Banaras and get back to the riverside to witness the Aarti ceremony.
After breakfast, you will have some free time in Varanasi before your flight to New Delhi. Connect with your international flight back home.
Asia Highlights chooses hotels with a balanced mixture of traditional style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
- Ranked 63 in 6,474 hotels in Beijing on TripAdvisor.
- Located on Wangfujing Street, easy to shop and dine.
- Superior Room is 32 sqm, on higher floor with better views.
- Ranked 11 out of 2,581 hotels in Xi'an on TripAdvisor.
- A nice 4.5-star hotel with great location on Dongdajie Street.
- Superior Room is 28 sqm, seperated shower and soft bed
- Ranked 12 out of 343 hotels in Lhasa on TripAdvisor.
- Cenrally located and oxygen tank supplied.
- Deluxe Room is 25 sqm, some have view of Potala Palace.
- Ranked 38/201 and Travlers' Choice by TripAdvisor.
- Quiet surrounding, swimming pool and not far from major sites.
- Deluxe Suite is 30 sqm, bathtub and on top floor.
- #54/716 on TripAdvisor, Certificate of Excellence.
- Near metro stations, swimming pool and nice restaurant.
- Superior Room is 37 sqm, higher floor with city view.
- Ranked 9/76 on TripAdvisor and 4 points out of 5.
- Quiet surrounding, swimming pool and good breakfast.
- Superior Room is 30 sqm, newly upgraded and soft bed.
Note: Your comfort counts! It's totally possible to change hotels based on your interests and budget. Just let us know your preferences and we will help you choose.