Ho Chi Minh City's sprawling streets contain a wealth of historical and cultural treasures. As you wander through crowded markets filled with everything from local produce to traditionally made handicrafts, you will also be walking in the shadows of French architectural marvels that were 'left behind'.
There is an endless selection of food carts, restaurants, cafes, and lounges to fuel your exploration, where you can stop and rest with a bowl of some of Vietnam's finest flavors.
- Mekong Delta Discovery Trip
- Small Adventure Tour around Ho Chi Minh City
- Traditional Street Food Tour
- 9-Day Best of Vietnam Tour with Asia Highlights
Why Take a Tour
Ho Chi Minh is a large city with a diverse and interesting culture. Sign up for one of these tours so you can experience as much as possible. A knowledgeable guide can help you see more attractions or try more foods than is possible alone. Guides will not only help you get places but also give you a wealth of information at every stop.
Traveling with a guide on a tour is also a safer option. Guides will know local customs and laws to keep you safe and can help you avoid scammers and tourist traps.
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
How to Get on a Tour
The best way to ensure you have a fulfilling tour of Vietnam is to book a trip online. This will allow you to fully research the tour as well as the company sponsoring it. It is possible to book tours once you are in the country, but this is not recommended as there are many unlicensed agencies and the quality of service at these establishments cannot always be guaranteed.
Need to Know Information About Tours
In Ho Chi Minh City, tours are divided into two types: Urban City Tours and Street Food Tours. The names are self-explanatory.
On an Urban City Tour your guide will focus on architecture, history, and unique attractions. On a Street Food Tour, while your guide will undoubtedly include information about history, the focus of the tour will be on Vietnamese cuisine.
Highlights of Urban City Tours and Street Food Tours
Mekong Delta Discovery Trip
Every travel or tour company in Ho Cho Minh City offers a tour like this. You will begin in the heart of HCMC and take a private boat down the Saigon River until you reach the Mekong delta.
Along the way you can explore villages and try local foods, while experiencing local customs.
Ho Chi Minh City Adventure Tour
This tour is designed for travelers who are intent on experiencing city life in HCMC. While you will stop for food, this tour is much more focused on city attractions than on street food.
You will be able to explore the Ben Thanh market and learn how to barter and bargain for clothing, gifts, and souvenirs, with the help of a knowledgeable guide.
This tour will make stops at Reunification Palace, the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the General Post Office and Opera House.
Traditional Street Food Tour
If you take a street food tour of HCMC as part of an Asia Highlights tour or as part of a private tour, you are in for a real treat. On most such tours you can expect to try over 30 different varieties of street food.
Your guide will inform you how the food is prepared, while teaching about each dishes cultural and culinary significance. Street food tours can vary greatly, but each focuses on appreciating Ho Chi Minh City's world-famous street food.
Notre Dame Cathedral
Vietnam is primarily a Buddhist country, but the Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the last bastions of Catholic influence left behind by the French after their occupation of the country.
Location: Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 700000
Saigon Opera House
Building of the Opera House began in 1898 and the building's architecture represents the flashy and bold designs of the Third French Republic. While the architecture is worth seeing, the real excitement takes place inside the opera house itself.
There are a variety of shows but the most famous is the AO Show, featuring traditional Vietnamese music and folklore as well as Cirque du Soleil style performances. The City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera also offer frequent performances.
You can purchase a ticket to these events at the door or at any local tour office. Alternatively our guides would be happy to help you get tickets for events such as these when you are on one of our trips.
Nhu Lan Restaurant
Whether you prefer Vietnamese food or something more familiar, be sure to stop at Nhu Lan Restaurant at least once while you are in Ho Chi Minh City. Nhu Lan is famous for its Vietnamese-style sandwiches.
Location: 50-64-68 Ham Nghi St. Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000
Explore Asia with Asia Highlights
At Asia Highlights we offer tailor-made tours through Asia, where you can enjoy all highlights as well as amazing cultural experiences. To get started, send us an email.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 28-Day Grand Indochina Tour
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- How to Plan a 3-Week Vietnam Itinerary (Top 2 Options)
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries
- 2-Week Southeast Asia Itineraries for Couples, Families, and More
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Top Itineraries for First-Timers, Couples, and Families
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam: Itinerary Ideas for Families/Couples
- 7 Days in Vietnam: 6 Best Itinerary Ideas for First Timers, Families and Couples
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in December: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.