If you've heard of pho, then you're just a step away from a gastronomically unforgettable journey through Vietnam. Hanoi will provide you with a whole array of unique and authentic local cuisine, to complement the city's unique history.
Head out with us to explore the jammed narrow alleys with clusters of workshops, then immerse yourself with the unique tastes you'll hardly find a second time, in the city known for its abundance of street food.
- Private guided walking tour around the Old Quarter
- Join the hustle and bustle of life in Hanoi by walking around the city center
- Learn further about Vietnam's history and culture
- Visit Hanoi's ancient and historical relics
- Taste the best street food in Hanoi
- Join with Vietnamese people in a traditional pilgrimage from pagoda to pagoda
- Learn how to make one of the best foods in Hanoi from the best food vendors
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
Hanoi Walking Tour
The best way to experience Hanoi's hustle and bustle is to join it. Join our private walking tour, walk through the packed streets, beat the heat, and explore the oldest yet busiest business district, the Old Quarter.
This three-hour tour can start either in the morning or afternoon, whichever you prefer; though we recommend early in the morning, as then you can witness the wave of motorbikes at rush hour.
Receive an introduction to Vietnam's 55 ethnic minority groups and their unique and indigenous cultures at The Vietnam Museum of Ethology, and then learn more about Vietnam's war history at Hoa Lo Prison.
After a short break, our local guide will lead you through the clusters of market in the Old Quarter, passing the uniquely-styled tube houses.
Stop and see the following ancient relics and sites: Bach Ma Temple, Quan Chuong Gate, Ly Quoc Su Temple, Hanoi's biggest indoor market Dong Xuan Market, and the magnificent 200-year-old Saint Joseph's Cathedral.
The pace becomes as leisurely as possible when we arrive at Hoan Kiem Lake (with Ngoc Son Temple in the middle), the tranquil but still lively spot regarded as the center of the city. Choose a bench and sit down, or take a stroll around, while basking in the sun and enjoying the breeze.
The tour will end after a sweet treat either at Fany Ice Cream, Thuy Ta Ice Cream, or some other popular cafe or restaurant nearby with our local guide.
If you are keen on walking and want to challenge your taste buds, our Hanoi Street Food Tour is for you.
Hanoi Street Food Tour
This tour is highly recommended for gastronomically adventurous people, and those who want to eat as the Hanoians do. Be prepared to spoil your own senses with exotic flavors of Vietnam at around 6 different tasting spots, accompanied by our passionate and knowledgeable local guide.
This three-hour culinary adventure begins in Dong Xuan Market, the biggest, oldest and busiest indoor market in Hanoi, where our local guide will point you to some seasonal fruit and local snacks, before moving on to visit other local food vendors.
Amongst the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter, there are numerous food vendors that are the best in town, but hard to find.
Our local guide will save you time and trouble in finding them, so you can taste xoi xeo on Nguyen Huu Huan Street, traditional snacks like banh gio or banh ching tang may at Luong Ngoc Quyen Street, and many more.
Then you can make the most of your culinary adventure by enjoying flame-grilled meat at outdoor barbecue stands, witnessing how chefs prepare your bun cha ta or banh cuon, and strolling down the alleys for the famous egg coffee or Vietnamese rice wine.
We are ready to listen to your trip aspirations! Inform us of your preferences and we will arrange your tour accordingly, without further ado.
Tips for a Walking Tour or Street Food Tour
A walking tour is best when well prepared, as you will spend most of the time outdoors and bring only the most necessary stuff on your backpack. What else should you know before the tour?
The More Comfortable the Shoes, the Better the Walking
As you will spend hours walking on our tour, it is important to wear a pair of comfortable shoes. Wear soft-soled shoes with high durability, to prevent injury.
Save Your Appetite
We understand that sometimes the exotic tastes of Vietnamese food are hard to resist, but during our Hanoi Street Food Tour, you will taste more than two dishes, so it's advisable to save your appetite until the end, to be able to enjoy the whole tour.
You can always go back to the food vendors you visit. We provide a list of the vendors at the end of the tour.
Sometimes spices are simply not for everybody. Besides making sure the food that you're about to taste is fully cooked and clean, you also need to reflect on your spice tolerance and food allergies, as intolerance or allergy may obviously lead to discomfort.
Visit with Us
Your satisfaction is our first priority and we only work with capable, passionate and knowledgeable local guides who are highly experienced in handling the tour and eager to give you the best possible experience in Hanoi.
Explore Asia with Asia Highlights
At Asia Highlights we offer tailor-made tours through Asia, where you can enjoy all highlights as well as amazing cultural experiences. To get started, send us an email.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- 7 Days in Vietnam: 6 Best Itinerary Ideas for First Timers, Families and Couples
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries
- How to Plan a 3-Week Vietnam Itinerary (Top 2 Options)
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2023/2024)
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Top Itineraries for First-Timers, Couples, and Families
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam: Itinerary Ideas for Families/Couples
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in December: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.