Dengue: Lying in the East Asia monsoon zone, Vietnam has a high incidence area of dengue fever. Advance vaccine injection, preparing some related medicines and mosquito repellent are necessary.
Accidents: Vietnam is called the Kingdom of Motorcycles. Motorcycles are the most popular transportation in Vietnam for locals and travelers. Due to the poor transport infrastructure, Vietnam has a high rate of traffic accidents and more than 60% of the accidents are caused by motorcycle riders.
Dietary Concern: The old adage "Boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it" is very important in Vietnam. Always drink bottled water. Before your body adapts to the change of the food and drink in Vietnam, you may have a few days of diarrhea or other stomach problems. Don't forget to prepare some medicine just in case.
Medicine List: Anti-allergy Medicine, antipyretic, anti-diarrhea medicine, analgesic, anti-fungal medicine, iodine, other first aid supplies (bandage, gauze, scissors and tweezers)
Health Reminder: If you want to know more information about vaccines and the other health information for travelers to Vietnam, please check here.
In order to protect your personal and property safety, and to minimize the possible harm during your trip, reliable travel insurance is essential. Asia Highlights strongly recommends you buy your own insurance before you depart for your travel destination in Southeast Asia.
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
Prices for hotels, flights and travel agencies are usually advertised in U.S. dollars, but using U.S. dollars is still not a convenient way, especially outside major tourist destinations in Vietnam. You can find money exchange counters on your arrival in almost every airport of Vietnam, but the exchange rate will be lower than in other exchange counters in the cities.
ATMs can also be found in major cities and every tourist destinations with a wide selection of credit and bank-cards including Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or Cirrus, etc. Every transaction will incur a 20,000 dong service fee and withdrawals per transaction are limited to 2,000,000 dong. The specific fee and the withdrawals limitation are determined according to different standards of different banks.
For credit card payment, there is usually a 3% surcharge, so cash may be advantageous for a large transaction.
- Police 113
- Fire Brigade 114
- Hospital 115
- General information 1080
Vinaphone, Viettlel, and Mobiphone are the three main network companies in Vietnam. The standard price for a SIM card is 50,000-75,000 dong according to different companies. For more information, you can check the following websites:
Internet is widely available except for some remote areas in Vietnam. Internet cafes are available in most tourist spots and rates are fairly affordable, ranging from 2,000-10,000 dong per hour. Connection speeds are high, especially in the big cities.
Many hotels and restaurants provide free Wi-Fi or terminals for their guests. Moreover, if you buy a local SIM card, you can also enjoy 3G internet on your phone when you buy the internet package.
- Taking photos of three people is avoided as it is said that the one in the middle will have bad luck.
- Since head is the most sacred part of the body in Vietnam culture, do not touch a Vietnamese's head.
- The South Vietnamese think the left hand is unclean, so do not use the left hand to salute, to eat or to give and accept things.
- Do not point your feet at others when sitting down on the ground.
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 16-Day Private Vietnam and Bali Journey of Relaxation
- 17-Day Private tour to Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Laos to Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 8-Day from South Vietnam to North Cambodia
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Southeast Asia Itineraries for Couples, Families, and More
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam: Itinerary Ideas for Families/Couples
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Top Itineraries for First-Timers, Couples, and Families
- 7 Days in Vietnam: 6 Best Itinerary Ideas for First Timers, Families and Couples
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Entry Requirements, Itinerary...
- How to Spend 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2023/2024)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Vietnam Itinerary (Top 2 Options)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in December: Sunny or Rainy? Best Places to Go
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.