If you're the kind of traveler that loves exploring the beauty of a country by visiting scenic, natural areas but hates causing any harm to the local environment, you ought to consider visiting one of these popular eco-tourism travel spots in Vietnam.
Eco tours in Vietnam provide you with the unique opportunity to visit picturesque natural areas that aren't frequented by large tour groups and are well off the beaten path. The experience allows you to be as close to nature as possible so you can appreciate the beauty of Vietnam in its entire, undisturbed, splendor.
- Eco tours involve taking a holiday and visiting scenic or remote natural areas while contributing to the protection of the environment and minimizing damage to it
- By signing-up for an eco tour, you get to explore beautiful remote locations and get to experience them in the absence of large crowds
- The most popular eco tour travel spots in Vietnam are in Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, and the Mekong Delta
- Choose your travel agent on the basis of their eco principles and practices
Vietnam & UAE FANTASTIC tour! Thank you Albee Ning!
Albee was INCREDIBLE. She arranged a 9-day private tour of both North and South Vietnam. No stone was left unturned: a private cruise up the Mekong; excellent hotel reservations; personal, caring tour guides;More
Consumer, Jun 2020
We traveled with Asia Highlights…
My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful 5 1/2 week trip that was organized by the exceptional Ruby Zhao. We have traveled a lot and Ruby is the VERY BEST AGENT we have ever had!More
Lurinda Smith Barton Barnwell, Mar 2020
We were.very satisfied with Asia…Four Great Weeks in China and Viet Nam
Asia Highlights was very efficient at advising us on what to see and the best routes to take, but they were also very flexible in integrating our own ideas in regard of travel destinations and accommodations.More
Eva and Jim, Oct 2019
Trip to Vietnam with Asia Highlights was well above expectations
My 12-day private trip to Vietnam was a very rewarding experience, and every day was fantastic, and well above expectations. My trip was perfectly well prepared and organized by Lissy Syoo from Asia Highlights,More
cdietp, May 2019
We traveled with China Highlights in 2015 and were completely satisfied, so when they emailed that they now were arranging trips to SE Asia we didn't even consider looking at other tour companies.More
Terry, Feb 2019
7-Day Vietnam Tour - Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Danang/Hoi An
Asia Highlights did a great job planning and executing our family’s trip around Vietnam. We have two young girls and wanted to have a balance of sightseeing and activities so nobody got bored.More
Andrew, Jan 2019
We would like to thank Asia Highlights
We would like to thank Asia Highlights for a wonderful trip. Lissy was a joy to work with, in planning a vacation that took into account all our interests and was able to give us so much more than we expected.More
Victor Cognato, Dec 2018
Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Just returned from Vietnam trip arranged by Albee at Asia Highlights.She was very helpful with the arrangements even when I requested multiple changes in the itinerary.More
Tom, Oct 2017
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia…
Just came back from Vietnam/Cambodia trip via Asia Highlights and had a wonderful experience. The hotels they chosed for us were all very food. the guides were all very professional and spoke good EnglishMore
Yumin Zheng, Feb 2017
What are Eco Tours?
Eco tours involve visiting scenic or remote natural areas while attempting to minimize the negative impacts on the environment and on the local inhabitants. This could mean anything from choosing hotels that are LEED certified to eating at restaurants that use locally grown, seasonal produce.
Highlights of Eco Tours: Why You Should Sign up Today
By signing up for an eco tour, you get to explore beautiful remote locations in Vietnam and get to experience them without large crowds. Such tours make for the best possible way to travel to places that are well off the beaten track and to experience them in their entire natural, undisturbed, splendor.
It creates jobs for the locals, protecting places from the threat of mass tourism, and puts the onus on the local community to determine the best course of action in conserving a particular area's environment.
By signing up for eco tours, and partnering with communities that have environmental conservation at the top of their list of priorities, you get the ideal way to create memories with your important ones by experiencing places in Vietnam just as they were meant to be experienced: by being close to nature without causing any harm to the local community.
What It's Like
Eco tours in Vietnam are about exploration: discovering new places, discovering new cultures, and seeing the world from a new perspective. The eco tours are designed with the intention of maximizing interaction with nature and minimizing carbon footprint.
These tours help change the places visited for the better by encouraging travelers to recognize the problems associated with mass tourism and being a part of the solution by taking an effective, hands-on approach to environmental conservation.
Eco Tour Spots in Vietnam
Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An, and the Mekong Delta are arguably the most popular eco tour destinations in Vietnam. They provide travelers with a ton of eco tours and activities to choose from, and we've highlighted some of our favorites (with sample tours) below.
Hanoi — Rice Cultivation Tour
You've probably seen rice growing in most Asian rice paddy fields, but you probably don't know the procedure of rice cultivation in Vietnam. On this tour, you are instructed on how rice is cultivated in the fields and are made to experience some of the difficulties Vietnamese farmers face.
The rice cultivation eco tour is a truly memorable experience. Moreover, you complete the day leisurely cycling along the countryside gaining valuable insight into life in the Vietnamese countryside and taking plenty of photographs along the way.
An English-speaking tour guide will lead this private eco tour. Transportation to and from the hotel (in a private car) will also be arranged for guests.
Hue — Exploring Thuy Bieu Eco-Village
Relax and enjoy your time in Hue by taking a cruise down the Perfume River and visiting the quiet eco-village of Thuy Bieu.
The village is not far from Hue and is the perfect place to stroll or bike around on a relaxing afternoon. Guests will visit local gardens, old ancestral temples, and spend time with the locals at the village.
After visiting some handicraft workshops (incense making workshops, and traditional candy making workshops), guests will have lunch, consisting of traditional specialties at a local Hue home.
At the end of this eco tour, you will have time to relax by dipping your feet in medicinal herb water — a traditional therapeutic practice — and enjoying an excellent massage.
Hoi An — City Walking Tour
This eco tour, led by knowledgeable, English-speaking locals, will provide you with the best way of getting yourself acquainted with the sights and sounds of the port city of Hoi An.
The city walking tour will lead you to beautiful attractions like the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, the Phuc Kien Assembly Halls, numerous art galleries, and workshops.
Mekong Delta — Floating Market, Small Canal, and Gian Gua Bike Tour
If you find yourself in Can Tho, it is an absolute must for you to visit the floating markets.
This Mekong Delta eco tour is designed to show you why so many people love the floating market Cai Rang and takes the entire experience a step further by visiting the relaxing Can Tho countryside after.
Guests get to visit the fruit gardens at Gian Gua, interact with locals, and bike along the quiet country road. Lasting only 5 hours, this is an eco tour unlike any other.
Important Tips for Eco Tourists in Vietnam
Below are some simple steps to promote responsible tourism, while enjoying a fun holiday in Vietnam:
- Choose your travel agent on the basis of their eco principles and practices
- Educate yourself about the Vietnamese city or town you are visiting beforehand
- Be aware of the local history, culture, and customs of the locals before arriving
- Conserve resources such as water and food, since many Vietnamese tourist destinations are suffering from acute resource shortages at the moment
- Use local transportation
- Demonstrate responsible behavior toward other travelers who are less informed than you are by acting as an example
Visit Vietnam with Asia Highlights
Asia Highlights welcomes the chance to help you design your perfect trip to Vietnam. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you in selecting destinations, accommodations and activities that best suit your requirements.
Check out the following links to learn more about our tours and get a head start on planning your hassle-free vacation today!
You might like to read
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 10-Day Best of Vietnam with Mekong Delta
- 12-Day Essential Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 12-Day Cambodia and Vietnam Highlights
- 2-Week Vietnam Family-with-Teenagers Holiday
- 13-Day Vietnam Classic Tour with Sapa
- 14-Day Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos Itinerary: Premium Private Tour
- 14-Day Classic Vietnam and Thailand Tour
- 14-Day Vietnam and Cambodia Family Tour—Quality Time Journey
- 2-Week Vietnam-Cambodia Tour with a Luxurious Mekong Cruise
- 15-Day Best of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Tour
- 19-Day Highlights of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
- 3-Week China and Vietnam Adventure Tour
- Best (and Worst) Time to Visit Vietnam 2024
- How to Plan Your First Trip to Vietnam — 7 Easy Steps
- How to Plan an Incredible Family Trip to Vietnam in 2024/2025
- Plan a Trip to Cambodia and Vietnam: Cost, Best Time, Places to See
- How to Plan a Thailand and Vietnam Trip (2024/2025)
- How Long to Spend in Vietnam? - 7 Days, 10 Days, 2 Weeks...
- 10 Days in Vietnam: 5 Best Itineraries in 2024 for First-Timers
- 2 Weeks in Vietnam: Top 4 Itineraries (with map)
- How to Plan a 2-Week Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary (2024/2025)
- 2-Week Itineraries in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam (2024/2025)
- How to Plan a 3-Week Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam Couple’s/Family Tour
- How Much Does a Vietnam Trip Cost? (With Cost Breakdown)
- Vietnam Weather in January: Cool & Dry, Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in February: Cool & Dry, Insider Tips for Peak Season
- Vietnam Weather in March
- Vietnam Weather in April: Still Good Time to Go? Insider Tips
- Vietnam Weather in May: Rainy & Hot? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in June: Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in July: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go and Travel Tips
- Vietnam Weather in August: Too Hot & Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in September: Still Rainy? Best Places to Go
- Vietnam Weather in October: Still Rain? Where to Visit?
- Vietnam Weather in November 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
- Vietnam Weather in December 2023, Travel Tips for First-Timers
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.