Contact us USA/CA: 800-2682918
This trip takes you to the core of Asian cultures in Tokyo and Kyoto in Japan, Beijing and Xi'an in China, plus a flamboyant outlook at Singapore before you kick back on the beach of Bali. Encounter with beautiful Geisha ladies and cute pandas, sample authentic sushi and hotpot, no need to think twice, just get under the spell of the real Asia!
|Oct.1, 2017 - May. 31, 2018||Handpicked Comfort||Luxury|
|Jun.1, 2018 - Sept.30, 2018|| || |
Note: We will guarantee you get the price as showed above except that there will be a price fluctuation in festival seasons (such as National Day, Chinese New Year, Chinese National Day, Japanese Golden Week, Christmas, Singapore's National Day and etc).
No matter when you come and how many times you've seen Japan, it is always hard to resist from its charms. Make your arrival in Tokyo today and you will be escorted to your hotel in a private car.
Tokyo has two international airports, Narita (about one hour from downtown Tokyo) and Haneda (about 40 minutes from downtown Tokyo). It is easy to find direct flights connected Tokyo with most major cities in western countries, with the flight duration up to 12 hours with no stop en route.
Since check-in time of the hotels in Japan is after 0200pm, we would suggest you take a flight that arrives between 0100pm and 0400pm, so that you won't meet traffic jam on the way from the airport to hotel and also you will have plenty of time to recover from jetlag.
3 nights at Hotel New Otani Tokyo (Handpicked Comfort) / Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Luxury)
Today you will step in some major sites in Tokyo such as Shinjuku Gyoen Garden, Tsujiki Fish Market and a rickshaw ride in Asakusa taking in Senso-ji Temple and Asakusa Shrine.
Highlights of Today: Lost in Tokyo Shibuya Walking Tour
Take a 2-hour walking trip in the famous Shibuya Area with a local insider. Walk on the grounds of the famous Shibuya Scramble Crossing, which is a stage for the movie "Lost in Translation" featuring Bill Murray and Scarlet Johnanson, Takashita Street, Harajuku Street and Cat Street.
Take a break at a Cat Cafe (or Maid Cafe based on your own interest) and your tour guide will teach you something about the Kawaii cultures (cute cultures). Wrap up the trip with a simple sushi dinner at Genki Sushi.
What makes it special for me?
- Not on the hot list: Get to the corners of the streets and a local sushi parlor where you meet more locals and few tourists.
- Interesting talk with an interesting person: Your tour guide, a local insider, sits you down with a cup of coffee and entertain you with amusing introduction of Japan's cute cultures.
Get on the Romance car to travel to Hakone, a famous destination not only for its Onsen (hot spring) but also for great views of Mt.Fuji, Japan's symbol.
Explore Mt.Fuji National Park and take a ropeway up Mt.Owakudani. Try out hot-spring-boiled eggs before you take a boat trip in Lake Ashinoko. At Hakone Tozan, be amazed by the world's one and only train that zig-zags up the mountain. Get back to Tokyo before night.
Make your own way to the train station and ride on Shinkansen. You will be in Kyoto within less than 2 and a half hours. Feel the speed!
3 nights at ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto (Handpicked Comfort) / Kyoto Brighton Hotel (Luxury)
Take a day tour in Kyoto to immerse yourself in her charm. Sites will include Fushimi Inari Shrine and Kinkakuji Temple, which are both in the outskirt of Kyoto. When you are back in Kyoto city, blend in with the locals at Nishiki Market before getting to Gion District for a special dinner with geisha ladies.
Highlight of Today: Kaiseki Dinner with Geisha (Maiko) Ladies
Despite of offering the same art perform as a mature Geisha, a Maiko is referred to a young lady in the training to become a Geisha officially. Tonight you will enjoy some elegant dancing and singing by a couple of Maiko ladies while your host prepares you with a Kaseiki Dinner.
What makes it special for me?
- Rarely-seen Maikos: No matter how Gion District sells itself as the place to meet Geisha ladies in their daily routine, it is highly unlikely to spot any Geisha in the streets nowadays. A private dinner cuts you from the common tourists and allows you a chance to learn about their lives and stories.
- Kaiseki Dinner: The very kind of special dinner that you deserve, even the serving proceedure is interesting to watch!
Take a short train ride to Uji, where you will attend a traditional tea ceremony at Nakamura Tokichi Honten for about one hour.
After a simple braekfast in Uji, get to Nara where you can see saki deers roaming freely, near the temples, in the woods and by the sidewalks. Visit Todaji Temple and Nara Deer Park. Get back to Kyoto before evening.
Highlight of Today: The Way of Tea
Japanese Tea Ceremony, also called Chado, literally meaning the way of tea, is an important art form and often presented in sophisticated social gatherings or serious events. Take the chance to be a part of it at the time-honored teahouse of Nakamura Tokichi Honten in Uji.
It begins with a brief introduction of the ceremony, including the meanings, tools, tea powders and etiquettes. Later, you will be taught how to grind tea powder; walk in a traditional Japanese garden to wash your hands and mouth; get inside a small private tea room for the ceremony. (Photo and video-taking are not allowed during the ceremony.)
What makes it special for me?
- A moment of peace: Take the first round of ceremony at 1100am before big crowd flushes into the teahouse and deprives you of tranquility.
- Back to the origin: Uji is wrought with history of tea and one of the most important tea produce bases in Japan; there is no better place to experience a traditional Chado than Uji.
- Exclusively for you: The experience is performed exclusively for up to 6 guests, perfect set for families or small groups looking for real experiences.
Transfer to Kansei International Airport in Osaka and fly to Beijing. Transfer to hotel and free at leisure.
3 nights at Novotel Peace Beijing (Handpicked Comfort) / Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall (Luxury)
Proudly China's capital for centuries, Beijing holds some fascinating stories just waiting for your attention. Today you will visit Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and get on a rickshaw into the Hutongs of Dongcheng District (about 20 to 40 minutes) with a chance to sample some "Baijiu" (Chinese sake, wine) at a local house.
Gear up for your visit at the Great Wall. After 1 1/2 hours of driving, you will reach the section of Mutianyu, a relatively less-crowded and more picturesque section of the wonder. A round-way cable car is included.
Visit Temple of Heaven when you are back in the afternoon. At the evening, enjoy a Peking Duck dinner served at a famous local chain restaurant.
Take a flight to Xi'an.
After check-in and a short break, you will be picked up for a visit at the Muslim Quarter and then the Ancient City Wall, which stands in its best viewing time at sunset.
2 nights at Grand Noble Hotel (Handpicked Comfort) / Sofitel on Renmin Square Xian (Luxury)
China's first emperor Qinshihuang has made his ambition for immortality very clear by building himself an army. Pay a visit at Terracotta Warriors and Horses.
How were these clay warriors made? How were them sized? And to be moved? Today you can have the answers by visiting a local workshop where life-size terracotta warriors are being brought out of the kiln.
Today's Highlight: How is it made?
Back in the days, there was no factory to make terracotta warriors. Every figure was hand-made in a life size by local farmers, craftmen and potters. Today, some farmers in Xianyang are still practicing the art.
They will teach you the process in details and you may have a chance to try moulding or painting. At the end of the visit, you will bring home a miniture terracotta warrior.
What makes it special for me?
- Close set: Not a common attraction but an Asia Highlights' exclusive site, only opens for your visit.
- Relive the history: Learn about every detail in making a terracotta warrior just in the same way back in history. Something to tell your friends back home or a reason to excite your kids.
Fly to Chengdu, home of pandas.
2 nights at Tibet Hotel Chengdu (Handpicked Comfort) / Sofitel Chengdu Taihe (Luxury)
Get to Panda Breeding and Research Center before the lunchtime for these cute creatures. Learn about the breeding process and life circle of a panda.
Enjoy a hotpot lunch at noon (non-spicy option is available). Locals just love to have a cup of tea whenever they feel like it. Join them at Peole's Park. Fun to watch them doing Taichi, playing Mahjong and getting their ears picked.
Take an afternoon flight to Singapore.
2 nights at Oasia Hotel Novena (Handpicked Comfort) / Carlton City Hotel Singapore (Luxury)
Explore the enchanting city of Singapore, attractions will include Merlion Park, Gardens by the Bay (with a 40min visit to the Flower Dome), Little India, Kampong Glam, Arab Stree and a boat trip from Clark Quay.
Take a special discovery tour at Chinatown to sample local cuisine.
Highlight of Today: More than Just Food
Hop on a MRT and your tour guide will lead you to Chinatown where you will try out 3 to 5 local dishes for lunch. Dishes will include rice cakes, poh piah (fresh spring roll), fried rice, Laksa, Hainan chicken rice and etc.
What makes it special for me?
- Local knowledge: Don't get fooled by some long waiting lines! Explore Chinatown with someone who knows where the food serves you best and the line runs shortest.
- Quick lunch in a special place: Leave the big meal at a fancy restaurant for your dinner if you plan to. Save some time by grabbing something quick yet delicious to eat at Chinatown.
- Food with cultures: Almost every vendor at Chinatown has their specialities and anecdotes, take them all into your plate!
Take a morning flight from Singapore to Bali and you will be escorted to your beach hotel in Nusa Dua.
Enjoy your days in Bali!
Depart from Nusa Dua with a full load of good memories. Have a safe flight back home!
Asia Highlights chooses hotels with a balanced mixture of traditional local style and modern comfort, easy access to everything yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
- 11/74 of hotels in Chiyoda, Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor.
- Japanese garden designed by the English florist Kenneth Tumer.
- 300m to Akasaka-Mitsuke Subway, big rooms of 36sqm and up, swimming pool and great breakfast.
- Over 1,200 travelers rated 4 out of 5 points on TripAdvisor.
- Close to the Nijo Castle, our room choice features view of the castle.
- 200m to Nijojo-mae Station, close to Nishiki Market.
- Ranked 63 in 6,474 hotels in Beijing on TripAdvisor.
- Located on Wangfujing Street, easy to shop and dine.
- Spacious rooms of 32sqm and up, fully-equipped and good breakfast.
- Ranked 11 out of 2,581 hotels in Xi'an on TripAdvisor.
- A nice 4.5-star hotel with great location on Dongdajie Street.
- Spacious room, wide breakfast selection, quiet at night.
- #20 out of 2,677 hotels, Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor.
- Centrally located on Renmin Road, close to many restaruants.
- Tibetan-style decoreation, separate shower and delicious braekfast.
- #41/312 of all hotels, Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor.
- Located on the Orchard Road, close to subway stations.
- Outdoor swimming pool, well-lit rooms of 28sqm and up, friendly staff.
- Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor.
- In Nusa Dua Beach, quieter and beautiful garden setting.
- 3 outdoor pools, spacious rooms with balcony, 3 restaurants and bars.
Note: Your comfort counts! It's totally possible to change hotels based on your interests and budget. Just let us know your preferences and we will help you choose.