The fun in Phuket never ends, even after sundown. Patong is the undisputed nightlife center of Phuket: from nine o'clock onwards the town is buzzing and doesn't stop until the wee hours.
In this article, you will find the best places to spend your evening/night in Phuket in wonderful ways.
- Soak up the passion of Thailand in bars and nightclubs.
- Enjoy colorful and lively Thai show or a blood-pumping Muay Thai fight.
- Treat your taste buds to Thai snacks and go shopping.
- Try Thai massages and spas for relaxation.
Bars and Night Clubs
Bangla Road (Soi Bangla) in Patong is the epicenter of the action, where you will find all kinds of bars (rooftop bars, beer bars, lounge bars, go-go bars, etc.) and nightclubs. The exciting live music, bright neon lights, and countless dancing people make for a fun night in Phuket.
If you want to find a quieter bar like a beach bar or sunset bar, Kata and Karon beaches are great choices. Bar Street is at the south end of Kata Beach. Karen Beach's bars and restaurants are concentrated along Luang Poh Chuan Road.
Phuket Town's bars are centered around Phuket Town Bus station. They are cheaper than Patong’s, and the locals are their major frequenters.
Watch Shows and Thai Boxing
- Simon Cabaret is the most famous ladyboy cabaret show in Phuket, located by Patong Beach.
- Phuket FantaSea Show is in family-friendly Phuket Fantasea Theme Park. Visitors are delighted to see the mixture of Thai culture and illusionists, clowns, acrobats, and dancers, as well as well-trained animals including 16 elephants on stage at one point!
- Siam Niramit Show is a great Thai cultural performance allowing you to take a journey through 700 years of Thailand’s history and culture.
- Thai boxing or Muay Thai is one of the features of Thai culture. Patong Boxing Stadium and Bangla Boxing Stadium are the two main venues, and both are near Patong Beach.
Shopping and Eating
Night markets are the best places for shopping and eating.
Night Markets near Patong Beach:
- Malin Plaza Patong: featuring a lot of amazing Thai food
- OTOP Patong Night Market: featuring a rich variety of items (electronics, accessories, clothing, food...)
- Bangla Night Market: featuring food and bars
- Banzaan Fresh Market: featuring a collection of almost every Thai street food
Night Markets near Phuket Town:
- Phuket Weekend Market: biggest night market in Phuket
- Phuket Walking Street: Portuguese-style; most popular with tourists
- Chillva Market: popular with young people (pubs, cafés, fashionable apparel and accessories, food...)
- Indy Night Market: featuring home-made, one-of-a-kind items
Other Night Markets:
- Fun Friday Avenue Market: near Bang Tao Beach
- Kata Night Market: near Kata Beach
- Monday/Friday Market Kamala: near Kamala Beach
Thai Massages and Spas
A spa or Thai massage is a great way to unwind after a day at the beach.
Phuket is dotted with massage and spa parlors of various grades and roughly of two kinds: roadside massage shops and massage parlors or spas.
If you just want to experience a Thai massage with no other requirements, roadside shops are a convenient and affordable option. Roadside massage shops are most commonly seen at night markets or on pedestrian streets. The massage takes place in a lounge chair, and guests are curtained off from each other.
If you want to relax with a high-quality soothing experience, massage parlors are the best choice. Massage parlors and spas are usually located away from the downtown area in individual buildings with specialized facilities (private rooms, music, ambient lighting, fragrances...). You can find them around beach areas.
Tips for Phuket Nightlife
- Patong Beach is the best place to stay if you want to experience Phuket’s lively atmosphere.
- Kata Beach is recommended for its quieter environment and nightlife activities.
- If you go to a bar, it's recommended to arrive after 10 o’clock, when the bar starts to get busy.
- Confirm the price before ordering alcohol or beverages in bars or night clubs.
- Avoid dodgy massage shops with dark interiors or young, slim, and sexily dressed masseuses.
Enjoy Phuket's Nightlife with Asia Highlights
There are many ways to enjoy nightlife in Phuket, and you will find something to your taste, whether it is participating in an amazing show, having a delicious dinner, or spending a night out in crazy party-style. Do not hesitate to contact Asia Highlights and we will give you professional advice to perfect your holiday. You will not be disappointed with our service!
Why Travel with Asia Highlights During the Pandemic
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Your 1:1 travel consultant in Asia will take all the uncertainty out of your planning, helping you navigate any travel restrictions.
- No-risk booking: 100% refund policy! (up to 14 days before departure)
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.