Bangkok is offering countless accommodation of any style, budget and rating. To find the most suitable lodging for your trip, whether it be family vacation or honeymoon, can easily become confusing. Therefore, Asia Highlights is pleased to guide you through the various opportunities for your vacation.
A 3-star hotel will offer a comfortable room, but maybe not the extra facilities you are looking for. A higher class, 4- or 5-star hotel, will score with more luxury, world class restaurants and special services, that may make your stay more convenient and precious.
7 Best Areas to Stay in Bangkok
As a popular travel destination, Bangkok has various hotels to choose from whether they are bed and breakfasts or elegant resorts. It is easy to find a hotel in Bangkok, but if you are a first-timer, it may be difficult to find a hotel that suits your needs.
Below, we have summarized the 8 best areas to stay in Bangkok with pros and cons for each one to help you choose the best area according to your preferences.
1. The Riverside Area — Recommended for First-Timers
1) This area enjoys a quiet atmosphere with scenic views and is especially beautiful at night.
2) Attractions along the river including Wat Arun, the Grand Palace, and Wat Phra Kaeo.
3) You will find Bangkok’s high-end hotels in this area, as well as many boutique hotels.
1) The hotel rates are a little high.
2) This area doesn’t have an MRT line, but it is convenient to reach by taxi or ferry.
Recommended hotels: The Peninsula Bangkok (5-star), Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel (5-star), Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort (5-star), Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok (4-star)
2. The Sukhumvit Area — Recommended for Young People
1) In the city center and one of the most modern and cosmopolitan neighborhoods.
2) It has convenient public transportation, such as the BTS and MRT lines.
3) Offers various options for hotels and restaurants.
4) This area is popular among ex-pats.
5) Has a colorful nightlife with plenty of bars, clubs, and shows.
1) You are likely to encounter traffic and congested streets, especially during rush hour.
2) This area is more likely to be noisy, especially at night.
3) There are fewer attractions nearby.
Recommended hotels: Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (5-star), Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit (5-star), U Sukhumvit Bangkok (4-star), Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 (3-star)
3. The Silom Area — Recommended for Families
1) This area is part of Bangkok’s business district.
2) Convenient transportation with easy access to the BTS and MRT lines.
3) Good restaurants with delicious and authentic Thai food.
4) Bangkok's largest and most beautiful green park, Lumphini Park, is nearby.
1) This area has some bar streets such as Patpong 1 and Patpong 2, which will be noisy at night. If you choose to stay in this area make sure to book a hotel a good distance away from these streets.
Recommended hotels: SO Sofitel Bangkok (5-star), Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn Bangkok (4-star), Furama Silom Hotel (4-star), Trinity Silom Hotel (3-star)
4. The Siam Square Area — Best for Shopping
1) This area has the best shopping in the city from luxury shopping malls to bargain department stores.
2) Convenient transportation.
3) Offers various places to explore such as cafes, bookstores, record stores cinemas, massage parlors, and salons.
1) It is busy and crowded, especially on the weekends.
2) There are fewer historical attractions nearby.
Recommended hotels: Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square (4-star), Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam (4-star), Ibis Bangkok Siam (3-star)
5. The Khao San Road Area — Recommended for Backpackers
1) It is the most famous street in Bangkok and offers cheap street food, bargain clothes, shoe shops, and souvenirs.
2) There are plenty of budget guesthouses and mid-range hotels.
3) You can experience Thai market atmosphere and nightlife.
1) You may find it noisy and difficult to sleep at night. If you decide to stay in this area, choose a hotel on one of the side streets near Khao San Road and avoid staying on Khao San itself.
2) This area doesn’t have convenient access to the BTS and MRT lines, but you can travel to/from by ferry, taxi, bus, or tuk-tuks.
Recommended hotels: Chillax Resort (4-star), Villa Phra Sumen Bangkok (3-star), Thanabhumi (2-star)
6. The Pratunam Area — Best for Budget Travelers
1) It is a great place to go for bargain shopping.
2) Close to Siam but the hotels in this area are more affordable.
3) You can find authentic Thai food and experience authentic Thai markets.
1) It is often crowded.
2) If you prefer a quiet environment, this area is not recommended.
Recommended hotels: Amari Watergate Bangkok (5-star), Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok (4-star)
7. Suvarnabhumi Airport — Recommended for Transit or One-night Stay
1) Close to the Suvarnabhumi Airport and convenient for catching early flights.
1) It is far away from the city center.
2) It is not convenient for sightseeing.
Recommended hotels: Hotel Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (4-star)
8-Day Northern Thailand Discovery：
Hotel Styles and Average Ranking
Your hotel should serve you on a temporary basis during your stay in Bangkok. Yet your requirements are individual and you should determine the facilities and services you are expecting.
There are many choices of hotels in Bangkok. Standard to luxury standard hotels tend to have lesser facilities but are still very comfortable.
You can find plenty of luxury accommodation in Bangkok. They will feature high-class restaurants serving international food, along with bars and lounges, sometimes on the rooftop where you can enjoy a relaxing drink. Indulge in a traditional Thai massage at your hotel spa, before taking a dip in the hotel pool.
Length of Stay and Budget
With the almost countless wats and palaces and attractions in Bangkok, we advise you to stay at least three days or even longer, depending on whether you are travelling further in Thailand afterwards or not. Even if staying longer than three days, we still advise you to stay at an accommodation close to the city centre and its attractions.
Hotel prices in Bangkok will not so much depend on the season. 3-star hotel room prices will start at US$ 80 - 100, whereas 5-star hotels will charge from US$ 150 onwards a night. Suites or executive rooms will be available at higher rates.
Asia Highlights' Hand-Picked Hotels
Finding the right accommodation is essential for your vacation. Asia Highlights carefully selects hotels out of the large number of offers, to ensure that they are not only meeting high standards and score with extra facilities and services, but also that they are really outstanding within their rating.
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G is a modern, stylish hotel in the popular shopping and entertainment district of Silom Road and Sathorn Road, only 5 minutes form Skytrain (BTS) and 10 minutes from the subway. Ideally set for a mid or long term stay in Bangkok to enjoy this amazing city.
This hotel is offering modern, spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows, flat TV screens and free wi-fi. The award winning 25 Degrees Burger, Wine and Liquor Bar is one of Bangkok's best rooftop locations and open 24 hours. The exquisite Scarlett Wine Bar and Restaurant is offering high class French cuisine while enjoying a stunning view over the city. Fitness room, spa and pool come almost without saying.
Location: 188 Silom Road, 10500 Bangkok
10-Day Classic Thailand Tour：
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
The Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn is a luxury non-smoker’s hotel, located in the heart of Bangkok's banking and business district. With direct access to Skytrain, this hotel is your No 1 choice for your short and mid-term stay. VIP airport limousine service is available.
Four different restaurants, including the 2-Micheline Star Blunos, offer a wide range of international cuisine and different styles for different occasions. All rooms have panoramic windows, flat TV screens, tea and coffee preparing facilities and free wi-fi. The outdoor pool on the 14th floor will amaze you with its stunning view. A modern-equipped fitness room rounds up the facilities.
Location: 33/1 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok
Trinity Silom Hotel
Trinity Silom Hotel is a 3-star hotel for the modern traveller, located in the heart of the city of Bangkok. Within walking distance, you will not only find a number of fashionable shopping centres, but also popular bars and restaurants, embassies, Skytrain and metro stations and, last but not least, the famous nightlife scene of Patpong.
All rooms feature flat TV screens, DVD player (including a DVD library service) and free wi-fi. A large outdoor pool, spa and fitness centre make this place really outstanding within its category. Trinity Silom Hotel will be your preferred choice if you are looking for a more budget rather than luxury accommodation.
Location: 150 Silom Soi 3, Silom Road, Bangkok
Visit Bangkok with Us
We welcomes the chance to help you design your perfect trip to Bangkok. Check out the following links to learn more about our tours and get a head start on planning your hassle-free vacation today!