This 10-day tour is the perfect choice for travelers who would like to explore South Asia during this Christmas and New Year holiday. Explore India's golden triangle — Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Have an exotic Christmas in India. And then fly to the Kathmandu Valley to discover the Nepal's splendid Middle Ages heritage. Welcome your 2023 by witnessing its first ray of sunlight shining on Mt. Everest.
India and Nepal Tour Map
Why Travel with Us
- Special arrangements for Xmas / New Year celebrations
- AH exclusive experience: visit a missionary of charity, meet an astrologer...
- Most competitive price without a big-coach-tour feel
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Admire India's largest mosque and take a rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes.
Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner at a special restaurant, followed by a Sacred Heart Cathedral Church visit.
Visit the world-famous Taj Mahal in traditional Indian dress, and enjoy a sunset view.
Give your Christmas greetings to the children in Mother Teresa Missionaries of Charity home on Christmas Day.
Discover the life of the maharajas with a local horse-drawn carriage ride in Jaipur, the most gorgeous and colorful city in Rajasthan.
Catch a bird's-eye view of the “pink city” at Nahargarh Fort with a sunset tea/coffee.
Try your hands at Indian cooking in a local family's house.
Travel back in time to the Middle Ages in Kathmandu Valley and have your fortune told by a Nepali astrologer.
Make a New Year wish toward the Himalayas as the first ray of 2023 sunlight shines on Mount Everest.
What Our Customers Said
We had an amazing trip to Thailand
We had an amazing trip to Thailand with Asiahighlights. Every detail was perfectly organised and we always had an instant customer support service in case of any issues.More
bugra t, Nov 2022
Bella was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. They handled all the arrangements very professionally and we had a wonderful time! We would definitely recommend and use them again!More
Christie, Nov 2022
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights
I contacted to Bella from Asia Highlights that to buy tickets to Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai when i was in my country.She helped me very much.You can trust this agency, and i advice Bella as the best!!More
Elena, Nov 2022
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival
I had booked Chiang Mai Yi Peng Sky Lantern Festival with Asia Highlight Travel, my travel advisor was Bella Kiu, the experience was great, got my tickets , communication was seamless.More
Siskazi Lindeni, Nov 2022
Thank you Iris Wang & Bella Liu
I thought “no hope” in getting the tickets to Yee Peng Festival organize by CAD. Fortunately, together with Bella Liu, I managed to secure all our tickets. No one left behind. This trip to Chiang Mai will be a memorable one.More
Little Puppy, Nov 2022
Very accommodating and helpful
Bella was super helpful in getting my ticket to the Yi Peng festival exchanged and was very accommodating. Quick and easy transaction and received ticket within 24 hours. Good communication throughout the process.More
Helen Powell, Nov 2022
Very accommodating and helpful
Asia Highlights as a whole is also very informative and contains helpful advice that has helped me plan my travels in Thailand.More
Helen Powell, Nov 2022
You are in safe hands
Albee was an absolute pleasure to work with. She responded to my suggestions readily to find suitable alternatives for my 2 week trip to Thailand with my wife. She answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly.More
RJ, Oct 2022
Day by Day Itinerary
Welcome to Delhi. Airport to hotel transfer will be your own arrangements. Enjoy your free time to acclimatize for the rest of the day.
- Visit Qutab Minar and Humayun's Tomb. Listen to stories about the splendid dynasties of Indian Muslims.
- Stop at India Gate and drive pass the Parliament Building, President's House, and other government buildings.
- Visit Raj Ghat, where Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi was cremated.
- Drive past the Red Fort, and then visit Jama Masjid — Delhi's principal mosque.
- Explore the bustling Chandni Chowk market with a bicycle rickshaw ride.
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner at a special restaurant / café in Connaught Place and then visit Sacred Heart Cathedral Church.
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the morning — 210 km (130 mi), ~4½ hours.
- Pay a visit to a Mother Teresa Missionaries of Charity home. Say merry Christmas to the children there and give some little gifts if you like.
- Visit Mehtab Bagh for a sunset view of the Taj Mahal from the other side of the Yamuna River.
- Visit the impressive Agra Fort. Imagine the luxurious lifestyle of the royal family in this fantastic palace.
- Enjoy the colorful mosaics and stone inlays of Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, which is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Visit the Taj Mahal in traditional Indian attire (ladies in sarees; gents in kurta pajamas — rental is your paid choice)
- Enjoy a sunset tea/coffee with cookies at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Taj Mahal.
- Drive to Jaipur — 235 km (150 mi), ~5 hours. En route, visit Chand Baori — deepest step well in India.
- Enjoy a sunset view of Jaipur city from Nahargarh Fort with tea/coffee.
- Explore the impressive Amer Fort in the morning. Enjoy the lovely color and patterns on the buildings, including the amazing Sheesh Mahal or Hall of Mirrors.
- Stop at the Hawa Mahal, Jaipur's iconic pink palace.
- Visit the City Palace and Jantar Mantar (Jaipur's celebrated observatory), plus market places in the old city.
- Have a cooking class followed by dinner. Learn about Indian spices and cooking methods.
- Drive 260 km (160 mi) to Delhi in 5 hours for your Kathmandu flight.
- Arrive at Kathmandu and dine at a local restaurant with a local dance show.
- Start your tour with the Kathmandu Darbar Square. See the old temples and palaces come into view one by one.
- Continue to Boudhanath Stupa to feel the piety of Tibetan Buddhists.
- Have an external visit of Pashupatinath Temple (foreigners are not allowed inside the temple). Meet an Indian astrologer there for a future prediction based on Hindu mythology (30 minute session).
- Visit Changu Narayan Temple, the oldest temple still in use in Nepal.
- At last, visit Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple). You will find out how well Hinduism and Buddhism combine there.
- Visit Patan to see the most exquisite Durbar Square in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Drive to Bhaktpur, and see Bhaktpur Durbar Square, a less-crowded royal palace complex. The local clay pot handicraft there is very impressive.
- Continue driving to Nagarkot — 18 km (11 mi), 30 minutes.
- Enjoy a New Year's Eve dinner at a hotel after a sunset view of the Himalayas.
- Enjoy a sunrise view of the Himalayan peaks including Everest (subject to clear weather) in the early morning.
- Drive to Kathmandu Airport for your flight home or next destination of your holiday.
We select hotels with style and local features.
The Suryaa Hotel New Delhi
Alsisar Haveli Hotel in Jaipur
Jaypee Palace Hotel in Agra
Hotel Ambassador in Kathmandu
Tour code: ah-in-85-gp
*It is possible to have a private tour with the same itinerary as this one (or a bespoke version of it). Please contact us for a quote using the tour code: ah-in-85-gp, and let us know any customization you would like.
- Airfare for Delhi / Kathmandu sector in economy class.
- English-speaking tour guide and business vehicle service
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotels listed or similar options
- Breakfasts at hotels and listed meals in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Hotel transfer on Day 1
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks etc.
- Camera fee for attractions if any.
- Alcohlic/soft drinks with included meals
- single-room supplement: US$418
- Cancellation received up to 30 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 29 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 13 days before departure: 0% refund
Why Travel with Asia Highlights During the Pandemic
- Tailor-made experience: All of your ideas/needs will be carefully considered to create your ideal trip.
- Worry-free planning: Your 1:1 travel consultant in Asia will take all the uncertainty out of your planning, helping you navigate any travel restrictions.
- No-risk booking: 100% refund policy! (up to 14 days before departure)
Get Inspired with Our Sample Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.