This 10-day tour is the perfect choice for travelers who would like to explore South Asia during this Christmas and New Year holiday. Explore India's golden triangle — Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. Have an exotic Christmas in India. And then fly to the Kathmandu Valley to discover the Nepal's splendid Middle Ages heritage. Welcome your 2024 by witnessing its first ray of sunlight shining on Mt. Everest.
India and Nepal Tour Map
Why Travel with Us
- Special arrangements for Xmas / New Year celebrations
- AH exclusive experience: visit a missionary of charity, meet an astrologer...
- Most competitive price without a big-coach-tour feel
Here are the awesome attractions, the most must-do activities selected by Asia Highlights (AH Hand-Picked), and exclusive cultural experiences offered by Asia Highlights (Only With AH) included in this tour:
Admire India's largest mosque and take a rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes.
Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner at a special restaurant, followed by a Sacred Heart Cathedral Church visit.
Visit the world-famous Taj Mahal in traditional Indian dress, and enjoy a sunset view.
Give your Christmas greetings to the children in Mother Teresa Missionaries of Charity home on Christmas Day.
Discover the life of the maharajas with a local horse-drawn carriage ride in Jaipur, the most gorgeous and colorful city in Rajasthan.
Catch a bird's-eye view of the "pink city" at Nahargarh Fort with a sunset tea/coffee.
Try your hands at Indian cooking in a local family's house.
Travel back in time to the Middle Ages in Kathmandu Valley and have your fortune told by a Nepali astrologer.
Make a New Year wish toward the Himalayas as the first ray of 2023 sunlight shines on Mount Everest.
WOW! I’ve traveled Asia some & I must say Sharon & Asia Highlights made this trip so much more enjoyable and easyMore
Stephen Hollis, Aug 2023
Alisa has has been great to work with
Alisa with Asia Highlights has has been great to work with. Very friendly and responsive.More
Ana Rausch, Aug 2023
Using Sharon right now to book our…
Using Sharon right now to book our upcoming trip to Thailand. She has booked everything that we asked for. Has answered all of my inquiries, which has been many! Looking forward to having a great girls trip in ThailandMore
Tracy, Aug 2023
Thailand, Singapore, Bali
In Thailand, Tanny and Nori(Suparp), were both incredible! They were both fun, funny, and full of knowledge and made sure we got the full experience. They went the extra mile and always made sure we had cold bottled water and towels to cleanse our hands. In Singapore, Nicole was an absolute gem. She was so kind and knowledgeable and guided us in the right direction to make our day as enjoyable as possible. She helped us choose a top notch local lunch and coffee spot in China Town and taught us so much about the country! In Bali, Emon was an absolute joy. He was very knowledgeable and kind and absolutely made sure we were feeling comfortable and was willing to be flexible with us. He was fun to converse with and made our time traveling between destinations so enjoyable! I cannot recommend Asia Highlights enough! Accommodations, travel arrangements and guided tours were all a breeze.More
Cassi Thunker, Jul 2023
Very supportive ! I have received eticket for Sky Lattern Festival very fastMore
Chi?n Nguy?n Ng?c, Jul 2023
My experience in Chang Mai with Asia Highlights
I greatly enjoyed my experience with Asia Highlights for a trip I booked to Thailand.All of my interests were catered too. My guide in Chang Mai Gemma was excellent.I truly felt the soul of Thailand culture and Buddhism.More
Richard, Jul 2023
A pleasure to plan with
Well, this has been a painless and pleasurable process to find such a wonderful company. I had specific dates and places to be and Sharon worked with me diligently to refine the schedule and costs to suit my travel needs and budget. She informed me of a special tour on the dates I am to be in Thailand and I added that to my previous plans.More
Chris Williams, Jul 2023
Large multi-generational holiday in Thailand
The holiday was wonderful. Our guides, Mr Monchai (Bangkok), and Ms Tipagorn (Tippy) (Chiang Mai) were exceptional. Travelling in a large multigenerational group with many children requires patience and our guides truly understood that. Mr Monchai and Ms Tippy shared their extensive knowledge of the many wonderful places we visited, and were flexible to take us to additional places along the way based on discussions. While everyday was busy, having them greet us with patience and a smile truly made this a memorable holiday. The hotels we stayed at were equally wonderful and went above and beyond to celebrate not only my parents 50th anniversary but also celebrate 2 milestone birthdays that occurred. We will cherish this holiday for many years to come. We hope to use Asia Highlights again.More
CL, Jul 2023
I never used a travel agent in my life
I never used a travel agent in my life, but Sharon for Asia Highlights did a phenomenal job helping planning and coordination a family vacation. The best part of working with Sharon was that she maintained an open line of communication and provided answers to my question well within 12-24 hours. Additionally, Sharon was flexible and customized our vacation to my families needs. Overall great experience.More
Antione Barry, Jul 2023
Great company to plan a trip to Southeast Asia!
Sharon Haung has been wonderful to work with! Very patient and accommodating. Responds immediately given time change and is prepared, prompt, and professional.More
Debi Hinerfeld, Jul 2023
We took a 15 days trip (10 days Vietnam and 5 days Thailand …
It was an amazing experience the guides and drivers were there awaiting for us at each airoport for a transfer to the hotels also on time for all the tours all the guides were so lovely , very experienced and spoke very good English , one of the days on tour in Thailand I lost my phone in a temple in Bangkok mr chai went out of his way in a middle of thousands of visitors and managed to find an bring it back to me I found that amazing , also while on a trip I contacted Jason li out tour organizer few time via whatup and he replied and helped on the spot I recommend asiahilights 150% The quality of the service hotels the guides the drivers outstanding From start to finish ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT ????More
SIMO el ghobar, Jun 2023
Wonderful Guides and Experience
Our large group arrived in Bangkok with Tanni as our guide. She was wonderful! An absolute joy to spend time with. She is knowledgeable, kind, and extremely funny. I don’t know what we would have done without her! After Bangkok, we traveled to Chang Mai, where Indy was our tour guide. She was a delight! She is kind, knowledgeable, and so patient. Our trip to Thailand was an adventure of a lifetime and these two women helped make it memorable. I would definitely use Asia Highlights for any future travel in Asia.More
Jessica Bennett, Jun 2023
Guide - Chai
We travelled from Vietnam to Bangkok and were blessed to have a guide named Chai. He was a superb guide and it is a pity we couldn't bottle him and take him home. He was very knowledgeable and an absolute gentleman. He could not have done enough to facilitate us and imparted so much knowledge about the Temples, Buddism and the History of Thailand in general. Not only did he give us a great overview of the past and current ways of living in Thailand but I also feel I came away a much better person having interacting with him. I will carry many of his teachings with me for the rest of my life and know that having met him was a very special blessing in my life.More
Customer, Jun 2023
Our guide Tanni was kind
Our guide Tanni was kind, knowledgeable, funny and beyond accommodating for our group. We felt like we'd made a friend and it enhanced our trip in the most positive way. Everything was coordinated perfectly which is not easy to do in a large traveling group. Excellent experience!More
Marissa Manson, Jun 2023
We are only on day 5 of our 15 day trip…
Our first stop so far was in Hanoi where our guide Trong was just so awesome! He shared about his culture and family life which showing us sites through a city tour. He was so funny making lots of jokes and always made sure we were having fun while learning about everything! He checked on us frequently even when we were no longer with him since we then went on a cruise in Halong Bay! Halong Bay and the cruise on Paradise Elegance went way above anything I expected. The scenery was breathtaking, the ship was so beautiful and clean with such fresh, good food! And I can’t sing enough praise for the staff who took care of us- especially Anna and Belle! They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed every aspect from eating meals with Anna to every other detail with Belle! I highly recommend Asian Highlights to help plan these extraordinary trips! This already has been a trip of a lifetime and we still have so much more to see all thanks to Cathy!!More
Diane Creitz, Jun 2023
Tanni for the win!
14 of my closest friends and family descended upon Bangkok ready to see the town. Asia highlights and Tanni took us on a tour that changed our lives. We experienced so much everyday. Tanni was amazing! She did all the thinking for us, so we all could just be present and enjoy the moment. I can’t recommend this company, and especially Tanni enough.More
Megan McGlynn, Jun 2023
This isn't my first trip with Asia…
This isn't my first trip with Asia Highlights. They are great at helping me plan, working my requests into the itinerary, and booking it all. We travel with friends and just got back from a trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Albee did a great job with all the details and we had a wonderful time. We will use them for our next adventure!More
Katie Potesta, Jun 2023
Although we have not been our trip yet I wanted to still write a review based on customer service and the ease of booking. Alisa has been extremely prompt and responsive with planning our trip to Thailand. She has had great recommendations and guidance to add to our custom itinerary. Highly recommend using Asia highlights! -AlexMore
Alex, May 2023
I have never hear of this company…
I have never hear of this company before , and after reading all these reviews ,I decided to give it a try . The professionalism and communicative skill received by one of the agent , Sharon of Asia Highlights , convince me that She was the right travel agent for my trip in Asia . Very quickly she communicated with me and got all the detail of my desire vacation . Sharon made me a great itinerary with great experiences that I am dreaming to experience and I am looking forward to it . Thanks Sharon for been so great and crafting me a dream vacation with great suggestions.More
orge alvarez, May 2023
Coco Yang worked tirelessly to…
From the moment I landed in Bangkok, Ms Noi Ying was there to welcome me and get me settled into my hotel. We enjoyed several days together touring Bangkok and Kanchanaburi. In Chiang Mai, Mr Ekachai took my son snd I on an amazing trip to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and to visit a community Lanna home, gardens and a hands-on cooking class preparing an authentic Thai meal. Lisa arranged a last-minute speedboat tour of 5 breathtaking islands in Phuket. From start to finish, the guides exceeded my expectations!! Thank you, Asia Highlight!! Debbie WoodsMore
Debbie Woods, May 2023
Day by Day Itinerary
Welcome to Delhi. Airport to hotel transfer will be your own arrangements. Enjoy your free time to acclimatize for the rest of the day.
- Visit Qutab Minar and Humayun's Tomb. Listen to stories about the splendid dynasties of Indian Muslims.
- Stop at India Gate and drive pass the Parliament Building, President's House, and other government buildings.
- Visit Raj Ghat, where Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi was cremated.
- Drive past the Red Fort, and then visit Jama Masjid — Delhi's principal mosque.
- Explore the bustling Chandni Chowk market with a bicycle rickshaw ride.
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner at a special restaurant / café in Connaught Place and then visit Sacred Heart Cathedral Church.
- Drive from Delhi to Agra in the morning — 210 km (130 mi), ~4½ hours.
- Pay a visit to a Mother Teresa Missionaries of Charity home. Say merry Christmas to the children there and give some little gifts if you like.
- Visit Mehtab Bagh for a sunset view of the Taj Mahal from the other side of the Yamuna River.
- Visit the impressive Agra Fort. Imagine the luxurious lifestyle of the royal family in this fantastic palace.
- Enjoy the colorful mosaics and stone inlays of Itmad-ud-Daula's Tomb, which is often called the 'Baby Taj'.
- Visit the Taj Mahal in traditional Indian attire (ladies in sarees; gents in kurta pajamas — rental is your paid choice)
- Enjoy a sunset tea/coffee with cookies at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the Taj Mahal.
- Drive to Jaipur — 235 km (150 mi), ~5 hours. En route, visit Chand Baori — deepest step well in India.
- Enjoy a sunset view of Jaipur city from Nahargarh Fort with tea/coffee.
- Explore the impressive Amer Fort in the morning. Enjoy the lovely color and patterns on the buildings, including the amazing Sheesh Mahal or Hall of Mirrors.
- Stop at the Hawa Mahal, Jaipur's iconic pink palace.
- Visit the City Palace and Jantar Mantar (Jaipur's celebrated observatory), plus market places in the old city.
- Have a cooking class followed by dinner. Learn about Indian spices and cooking methods.
- Drive 260 km (160 mi) to Delhi in 5 hours for your Kathmandu flight.
- Arrive at Kathmandu and dine at a local restaurant with a local dance show.
- Start your tour with the Kathmandu Darbar Square. See the old temples and palaces come into view one by one.
- Continue to Boudhanath Stupa to feel the piety of Tibetan Buddhists.
- Have an external visit of Pashupatinath Temple (foreigners are not allowed inside the temple). Meet an Indian astrologer there for a future prediction based on Hindu mythology (30 minute session).
- Visit Changu Narayan Temple, the oldest temple still in use in Nepal.
- At last, visit Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple). You will find out how well Hinduism and Buddhism combine there.
- Visit Patan to see the most exquisite Durbar Square in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Drive to Bhaktpur, and see Bhaktpur Durbar Square, a less-crowded royal palace complex. The local clay pot handicraft there is very impressive.
- Continue driving to Nagarkot — 18 km (11 mi), 30 minutes.
- Enjoy a New Year's Eve dinner at a hotel after a sunset view of the Himalayas.
- Enjoy a sunrise view of the Himalayan peaks including Everest (subject to clear weather) in the early morning.
- Drive to Kathmandu Airport for your flight home or next destination of your holiday.
We select hotels with style and local features.
The Suryaa Hotel New Delhi
Alsisar Haveli Hotel in Jaipur
Jaypee Palace Hotel in Agra
Hotel Ambassador in Kathmandu
Tour code: ah-in-85-gp
*It is possible to have a private tour with the same itinerary as this one (or a bespoke version of it). Please contact us for a quote using the tour code: ah-in-85-gp, and let us know any customization you would like.
- Airfare for Delhi / Kathmandu sector in economy class.
- English-speaking tour guide and business vehicle service
- All guided sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary
- Hotels listed or similar options
- Breakfasts at hotels and listed meals in the itinerary
- Governmental taxes
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Hotel transfer on Day 1
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses for e.g. telephone calls, laundry, table drinks etc.
- Camera fee for attractions if any.
- Alcohlic/soft drinks with included meals
- single-room supplement: US$418
- Cancellation received up to 30 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 29 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 13 days before departure: 0% refund
Why Travel with Asia Highlights (98.8% positive customer reviews among 10,000+)
- Unique experiences tailored to your interests: Enjoy a premium trip that goes beyond the typical tourist attractions.
- Hassle-free travel and peace of mind: Every aspect of your trip will be carefully planned and organized by your 1:1 travel consultant.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides: Your guides will be local and love to work for travelers' smiles.
- 7-Day Maharajas' Express Luxury Train Tour
- 14-Day India, Nepal, and Bhutan Tour
- 2-Week Luxury India Tour
- 14-Day Rajasthan Tour Package for Westners
- 10-Day Royal Rajasthan and Camel Festival Tour
- Private India Tours, India Private Tour Packages
- 14-Day Romantic Honeymoon Trip in India
- Top South India Tours, Classic India Tour Packages
- Best South Asia Tours to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan
- How to Plan an India and Nepal Trip 2023/2024
- How to Plan an Awesome Family Trip to India in 2023
- 2-Week India Itineraries for Couples and Families (2023/2024)
- How Long to Spend in Delhi (for First-Timers): Itineraries from 1 to 7 Days
- How Long to Spend in India (for First Timers): Itineraries from 5 Days to 1 Month
- Weather in India in January: Is It a Good Time to Visit? Where to Go
- Weather in February in India : Cold and Warm!
- Weather in India in March: Good for Travel or Not?
- Weather in India in April: Temperatures and Where to Go
- Weather in May in India : a Good Time to Go?
- Weather in India in June: the Monsoon Begins — OK to Travel?
- Weather in July in India : Too Wet to Travel?
- August Weather in India: Still Rainy? (5 Places to Go)
- Weather in September in India: Rainy or Not?
- Weather in India in October: Best Time for Pleasant Weather
- Weather in India in November — Dry Season Travel
- Weather in India in December: 7 Best Places to Visit in India in December
Get Inspired with Some Popular Itineraries
At Asia Highlights, we create your kind of journey — your dates, your destinations, at your pace. You can have any trip tailor made for your travel.